A small, leather-bound journal (Minecraft fiction)

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
If you are sneak-attacked by a creeper it can be very bad, even with diamond armor.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Day… unknown?

I do not know how long I slept, but I was glad that nothing had killed me in my sleep. I opened the doors to my shelter and set up my crafting table. Borrowing some of the stone from my shelter, I created a crude axe. Then I chopped down some of the trees from around my property. Using some more stone from my place, I created a furnace, then burned some of the wood to make charcoal. By combining the charcoal with some of the wood, I’ve made some simple torches and set them up around my crude stone hut. These should help to keep out any monsters that might come to attack me.

There is a deep ravine not far from my hut - I hadn’t noticed it before. I used some dirt to block off the darkest parts, then managed to dig some of the sand out to reveal more stone. I’ve collected what I could with my simple tools. I have found that I can compress the sand to make sandstone - not as durable as real stone, but more solid than sand, at least.

I don’t know how many days have passed since my last entry. Keeping track of time will be tricky here, since I’m still used to sleeping for hours at a time. Perhaps I should just guess. I’ll call this Day 15, and simply refer to each additional day by using my time, rather than the rising of this world’s sun.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Keep it going! This is slightly better than Villager News due to it being updated more often.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
...........The reason why I do mine slower is because I have barely any time to do so on the weekdays and when the school is done I just want to relax and play.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Ah that makes since. I can't wait for more Villager News though.
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 16

I hurt.

I was working on the shoreline near my hut when another creeper approached me from the east. I didn’t want it to destroy my hard-worked hut, so I lured it away, and swam into the cove. It followed me. I turned and slashed at it with my sword, striking it. It responded by hissing and flashing at me.

I tried to swim away, but the explosion knocked me unconscious. I think the only thing that woke me up was my lungs burning for air as I lay face-down in the water. I swam to the surface and dragged myself back into the hut. I made a mental note - I can’t swim away from creepers.

I burned the tattered remains of my Steve costume in the furnace. It didn’t survive the blast. I barely survived the blast. I’ll need to figure out how to make some form of armor, because I doubt I can handle many more attacks like that.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
BOOM! LOL.
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 18

I feel much more rested after spending the last couple days sleeping. I’ve decided to use this day to examine the land around me, and decide where the borders of my new little empire should lie. I’ve done some exploration on either side of the river, and along the coastline north of the cove. I have marked the boundaries to be the river along the west, and the steep cliffs to the east. This should give me more than abundant room to grow.

Not only that, I’ve spotted several rabbits hopping among the grasses, and some sheep along my eastern border. There also are a pair of cows which seem to have taken an interest in my efforts to make a settlement here. They’re watching me from across the river, but I think they’re tempted to come to my side. I wonder if I should build some form of fence or corral for them someday.

I’ve also spotted a sandy island in the ocean just north of the cove. I’m thinking that that island will be the perfect location for a lighthouse. I remember seeing the beams of light that emerged from the Sanctuary, as well as a couple of the other settlements as I traveled to this location. Such a spectacle would be fantastic for my proposed lighthouse. Perhaps I’ll have to figure out how to create such a wonder.

But first, I should create a house. I would rather not spend the rest of my days living in a crude stone hut.
Last edited by Sstavix on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Time to build a home. Oddly, I usually use my first night hole-in-the-ground has my house for a long time.
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ZappierVirus wrote:Time to build a home. Oddly, I usually use my first night hole-in-the-ground has my house for a long time.
(( Ha ha... I'm still using my "stonecutter's workshop" as my main home. :lol: I haven't even started on construction of the cabin yet, let alone the viewing platform. And yes, I still have several diary entries to go before I'm caught up to where I am now in the game....))
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Yeah, there is a lot at your home that has not been covered here yet. Keep up the good work!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 19

I’ve discovered an interesting stone called andesite while digging in the caves behind my hut. I’ve also found a small quantity of coal, so I don’t need to waste my wood by turning it into charcoal. But this andesite seems to be a rather durable stone, and polishes nicely. I’ve worked during the dark times to polish blocks of this stone, and replaced the cobblestone walls of my hut with this other stone. In this way I can use the cobblestone for more stone tools.

I’ve gone through a lot of tools. Stone doesn’t last long, and I’ve broken several stone axes on the trees around the cove, and several stone pickaxes on the hills underneath. Still no iron, unfortunately.
I’m thinking that I should design some sort of a walkway around the cove. I would like to put the cabin on the far side of the cove, and perhaps some sort of viewing platform so I can stand and see both the cove and the ocean on the other side of this peninsula. Perhaps I can even develop this place to be a warm, inviting destination for travelers of all sorts. There is some stunning scenery through here, if I can get rid of the monsters that seem to lurk behind every tree.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Day 20:

HaggisPK has visited to see how I was doing. I think he was merely being polite, but I could tell that he was unimpressed with my simple hut. Then again, I have a long way to go before I can match the kind of buildings that he has envisioned for his northern expanse. But he kindly left me two gifts - a bed to sleep on (it’s more comfortable than the sandy nest I had made) and a shield. It isn’t much in the way of armor, but it’s a lot more than I had! I thanked him for his generosity, and I hope that I have a settlement that is more worthy of respect the next time he visits. I was pleased that he didn’t attack me based on my appearance, either. The residents of this world have a lot more tolerance for my kind than many other worlds I have visited.

While working on the trees, I caught a glimpse of a tall, black figure that moved surprisingly quickly. It didn’t see me, fortunately - from what I’ve read, those creatures are known as “Endermen,” and tend to fly into a rage if they are seen. They also are deadly combatants. But something near the river had drawn its attention, so once it left, I had to investigate.

There are two tremendous mushrooms there, on the river’s edge. They are large enough for me to walk underneath! I had seen gigantic fungus like this in other worlds, but this was the first I had seen of them here. While one was intact, the other one looks to be heavily damaged. I wonder if the Enderman had been eating it, or if it was the results of the rampant growth of the tree next to it. In any case, it saddened me to see such a magnificent structure in such disrepair. I hope I can figure out a way to nurse it back to health.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I was starting to think that you had stopped doing these!

Anyway, keep up the good work!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Great work! I have a feeling I'm gonna be mentioned in the next one. :)
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!