Fan fic Rules/Suggestions

Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
Welcome to the ccgr fan fiction forum. Below, I have compiled a list of suggestions and tips that should make your writing and reading experience here much more enjoyable. We want this to be a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone, whether you’re posting your fan fiction or just simply reading through the stories.

1. The rules that apply to the rest of the forum apply to this area of ccgr.org as well. Keep it clean. This means no foul language, sexual content, etc. Violence, of course, is allowed, but keep that clean as well. Having your characters fight in your story is excellent, but we don’t need to hear the details about the blood spurting when someone gets cut in the neck. You get the idea.

2. We strongly urge you to post your story in sections. If it’s a long story, post only a few pages at a time. No one wants to sit down and read your 30 page story, as good as it may be. Take it in sections so as not overwhelm your readers. They’ll appreciate it.

3. As always, use proper spelling, grammar, etc. People will only read your fan fiction if you make it readable to them. Translating from txt talk to real language is a waste of time. Post it in normal English.

4. Separate paragraphs with one line, like how I have been doing with these suggestions. When paragraphs are jumbled together in one clump, it’s hard on the eyes. Having the paragraphs separated by one line makes it much more easy for the reader.

5. These threads are not for spam. They are for writers to post their fanfiction, and for readers to comment on that. Spamming will not be tolorated in here.

Last updated 11/27/06

If anyone has any suggestions to add to the list, just PM them to me and I’ll add them on. Thanks a bunch!

Obi-gone
Last edited by Obibear on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
360maniac
I have a quesiton.

"The helicopter exploded. Marcus swore under his breath."

Is this offensive?
The whole of Maniacally360
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
360maniac wrote:I have a quesiton.

"The helicopter exploded. Marcus swore under his breath."

Is this offensive?
I think that should be acceptable...as long as the actual word isn't being said, it should be fine.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
What about swear words in a foreign language? :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Lazarus
CCGR addict
I think that's perfectly acceptable - but the mod has the final say.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
ChickenSoup wrote:What about swear words in a foreign language? :P
In another language? :lol: I don't know. If you really want to post swear words in another language, ask ccgr. That question is beyond me to answer. :lol:

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I was joking... there's bound to be other people who speak German on this board and they'd take offense...
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Question. In the Off-Topic Forum, I have my thread called *My version*. In a sense, they are like stories, could that thread be moved here? Or is this thread for only stories?
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
PM me the link and I'll move it for you.

CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
You're a Mod, Ogie? 8O

Is there a possiblity that if a story gets popular enough that it could get pinned? Because after awhile, a story could get into, say, page three, and few would read it. Just a thought.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
CalvinAndHobbes_Freak wrote:You're a Mod, Ogie? 8O
Yep...behold my power. 8)
Calvy wrote:Is there a possiblity that if a story gets popular enough that it could get pinned? Because after awhile, a story could get into, say, page three, and few would read it. Just a thought.

Well, if a story is popular enough, I don't know why it would need to be stickied. I mean, if people are continuing to read it consistently, why does it need to be put at the top? Stickies are usually only used for important announcements and stuff. Plus, that could get cluttered after a while if we have 5 or 6 threads stickied at once. :wink:

paintballjunkie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Location: Somewhere over the ridge about to snipe you with my tippmann A-5 with a flatline barrel system
ChickenSoup wrote:I was joking... there's bound to be other people who speak German on this board and they'd take offense...
ME!!! well i speak a little
Nate
Gamer
Gamer
Couldn't it be possible, that after a story is done writing, and all the people have read it, to copy only the story, make a new thread, and post the whole story in one seemless post, then that stickied and closed, so that if someone is new to ccgr, and he wants to read a story that is already done, he doesn't have to go through all the posts that people made commenting it, and he can just read the story?
404. Signature not found. Yet.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Stickying a story, eh? I can see your predicament here in already having posted it, but I'm still sort of hesistant about having stories stickied (that's fun to say), because having too many stories stuck will result in a sticky situation for our stories.

But I will ask ccgr as I've had this request before and I'd like to see what she says about it.

Obi-gone

EDIT: Alright, Nate. I PMed ccgr and I have her orders. Start a new thread for your story in here, and I'll sticky and lock it. If anyone wants to comment on it, they can do so via PM.

Just so others know, the only reason that this is being done is because Nate's story is completed and it was written before this fan fic area was opened. Only on rare occasions will stories be stickied.

Nate
Gamer
Gamer
.....I have a story?
I dont think so...I never wrote a story....Anyway, once Laz finishes his story, he could do that.
404. Signature not found. Yet.