CCGR addict
Congratulations to all y'all who finished it this year
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Well...I finished it. I've finished my story.

My total word count is 94,744; that's my non-proofread first draft. I feel like crying; I'm so happy, but it's also like...I don't even know. I'm just so happy, and relieved, and exhausted.

It's roughly 123 pages in a document (240+ after I double space it for easy reading). It's the longest thing I've ever written; I don't even know how many hours I put into it. But...I just wrote a book. That's a tearful moment right there; I can look myself in the eyes, and honestly say I've written a book. It's rough, it needs work, it's got bad moments where I was just stiffly pasting story onto the pages...but it's book I wrote (with God's help. Not that I'm saying God wants this book published, I just feel like I really needed a win in my life, and He totally gave me one). <3 I've got so much laughter building up in my innards there's a goofy smile pasted on my face that I just can't remove. XD
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Nicely done! That's a great feeling, isn't it? The realization that you can write something book-length! And you just proved it to yourself. :D

So... what are you going to write next year? It's less than 11 months away, after all.... :wink:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Perhaps a continuation. There's no room for sequels in this book, but the story never really ends.

That said, I'm going to proof read it, .PDF it for easy sharing, then lock it away for awhile until I come back for the rewrite.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
As an update, I just finished proof-reading it, which turned into a minor revision; had to iron out a few kinks in the story, wipe away several brain farts, and change the overly dramatic ending because...it was overly dramatic.

My plans now are to get a proof copy printed using the NaNoWriMo prize coupon, then figuratively sit on it for a time, sharing it with family and basking in the glow of achievement. <3 Probably get a few not-family types to give me some input too, of the soul crushing yet entirely necessary variety.

I've got plans for another story in the series, so I may give writing that a shot and alternate them off. When I finish it, go back to this for real revisioning, then the same for the other, and so on until they're finished. Good times.