Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
No, no fro-yo, fro-yo is a no-go.

Homemade or restaurant made Italian, which do you prefer?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I guess my problem is I don't like overly-large clothing, so I'm pickier about sizing. XD

Incompetent management is the worst?
If it can't be used as a tent in an emergency, it's not big enough. >_> I could use my clothes to house a small family of badgers.

I'm usually more bothered by incompetent employees. At the hazard of being a jerk, I uh...have rarely met a competent manager. Incompetent employees are usually just people who don't care, which bothers me intrinsically as that usually means I'm not going to get the help I need. XD

With the caveat that 'assistant'/working managers tend to be pretty good. But as they're basically higher-paid employees with authority, I'm not sure that counts. And when I say 'rarely' met a competent manager I mean 'not ever, but with the realization that statistics suggest there has to be one somewhere and niceness says that it wrong to say never'.

So. Being as they're more 'par to the course', I kind of assume that I'll deal with/work with them. :\ And as such, frustrating as they are, they're more comic relief than anything else. My manager at Wal-Mart was convinced I was sitting around picking my nose because my Telzon wasn't scanning codes constantly...Ignoring the impassable heap that was the stockroom, which required careful navigation and/or moving around a few hundred pounds of stuff to find a single required item. :O And if we didn't send out those items, we'd get fussed at for not completing the list. And we had to do it all in fours hours, only to put up said item later that night.

It was literally pushing a boulder up a hill, only to get knocked back down.

And then the regional manager didn't do much more than read reports and storm around in a black trench-coat. XD I kid you not. I walked past the man out of uniform and he was wearing a black leather overcoat. O_o I'm sure he was a nice enough guy, but he dressed like an 80's super-villain.

Still. This is well after the fact, and as such I can laugh at it. It wasn't funny at all at the time.
RedPlums wrote: No, no fro-yo, fro-yo is a no-go.

Homemade or restaurant made Italian, which do you prefer?
Fro-yo is all the flame, and all the glory. <3 You probably have just not had good fro-yo. Soft serve fro-yo is better than most forms of ice cream.

Homemade. I don't really eat restaurant Italian, with the exception of pizza. It just tastes like the stuff we make at home, so why would I buy it? XD

The exception is probably lasagna, as at times that's just too much work.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I wish my management stories were that amusing. My experience with management is a QA manager who falsifies defects, an engineering manager who expects the world of me and refuses to help me attain it and then belittles me in front of others for not delivering, and division leads with their heads in the clouds. It's a story of madness and betrayal. And it's just another reason why I utterly abhor corporations.

On a related note, big game companies can be terrible?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
No fro-yo.

Jesus is always the answer?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I wish my management stories were that amusing. My experience with management is a QA manager who falsifies defects, an engineering manager who expects the world of me and refuses to help me attain it and then belittles me in front of others for not delivering, and division leads with their heads in the clouds. It's a story of madness and betrayal. And it's just another reason why I utterly abhor corporations.

On a related note, big game companies can be terrible?
It's amusing because it happened years ago. XD It disgusted me at the time, because I can't fathom how people like that reach high positions. Or maybe the positions change them into people like that.

They can be. They're more often than not awesome though. XD

It's the strange reality of game development. If you go to eat food, smaller restaurants will almost always be better than chains in food quality. Small boutiques will have cooler clothes than big-box restaurants. Small schools tend to be better than bigger ones.

Yet triple-A gaming companies often make the best games. That's why they're triple-A. I have nothing against third party or indie devs (I love them).

But when I think of trash games, it's usually not titles crafted by big companies.
RedPlums wrote: No fro-yo.

Jesus is always the answer?
Hating fro-yo means you are a racist. >_>

There's an old joke where a Sunday school teacher asks one of her students a history question. Like...who won the battle at Waterloo. The kid answers "Jesus" because He is the answer to every question asked in Sunday school. :lol:

So while I would agree for, say...the answer to life, reality, and everything...there are some caveats. :P
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So I think I've shown you the studio version of this song before (If you aren't sure, give it a listen), but the live version is interesting because of some of the mash-ups they throw into it.

Thoughts? The mash-up part is around 4:29 into the video.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Fro-yo is a race?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: So I think I've shown you the studio version of this song before (If you aren't sure, give it a listen), but the live version is interesting because of some of the mash-ups they throw into it.

Thoughts? The mash-up part is around 4:29 into the video.
For whatever reason, I'm a sucker for 80's music. I think it's the synths. I liked the original version of the song, but the remix was awesome. XD
RedPlums wrote:Fro-yo is a race?
Why not? I self-identify as Fro-Yo sometimes. Makes getting out of stuff easier, as I can just go hide in my freezer and stare balefully at people when they try to remove me. I mean, Fro-Yo doesn't talk much. And I can't stay outside the freezer, so no, I won't be attending that family gathering. Unless you have a freezer bag big enough.

Wait, are you suggesting Fro-Yo can't be a race? I'm pretty sure that would make you a bigamist. I'll have to check my -ist chart.

I'ma stop now. :P I'm legitimately afraid of getting sued.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm glad you liked it. I really love that mashup. XD

Here's another Orbital song!

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
wow, the more you know.

fried cheese curds?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I'm glad you liked it. I really love that mashup. XD

Here's another Orbital song!

Thoughts?
It's a hair too chaotic for me. I liked it better near the end, but it never really grabbed me, I guess.
RedPlums wrote: wow, the more you know.

fried cheese curds?
Sadly, this area is not known for its cheese curds. We just don't have them down here, for reasons I don't understand. Well, you can sometimes find them for a very high price in grocery stores, but I am almost positive it isn't the same thing. They've added preservatives to it to keep the shelf life, and I've heard that kills the texture.

Thus, though I have heard of this thing and it's glory, I have not tasted it. It sounds amazing though. <3
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm, I guess I can see where you're coming from there. I dunno, I like the chaos. XD

Here's another Orbital song.

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
They are quite good, and satisfying.

Would you ever try fried butter?
This is my signature
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member