Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I think it's weird I recognized Leslie Howard. :P

For one, I could watch that all day for the dancing Spacemen alone. That's media gold.

However, I also really liked the sort of funk/trance blend a lot.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So this next song is one of their most popular, and you may have heard it before. But at any rate...

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I like it. It ebbed and flowed with the tension of the clip subject matter. Good stuff.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That it does, that it does.

So this next song is their traditional last song for live shows. I think it perfectly fits the note on which concerts should end.

What do you think?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think the tone was perhaps a bit too sad to end a concert on. But it was still a good song.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I mean, musically it's a bit bittersweet, but the lyrics to me seem pretty hopeful. But maybe that's just me.

When you want to do something artistic and feel like you missed a major part of how the medium is supposed to be used?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I tend to dislike Everest really. Too many tragedies simply for the sake of ego. But you are probably right. XD

I feel that way with most artistic mediums within the realm of drawing and painting. I pick up a brush and put it to canvas and can come up with some pretty good stuff (according to me and my mom, anyway. >_>). But then people can use the exact same stuff, using techniques I can replicate, and come up with something wildly beautiful.

Also clay and other forming mediums. Can't seem to make them work like I want to, and then there's some random kid making a replica of Michelangelo's David.
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:44 am I tend to dislike Everest really. Too many tragedies simply for the sake of ego. But you are probably right. XD

I feel that way with most artistic mediums within the realm of drawing and painting. I pick up a brush and put it to canvas and can come up with some pretty good stuff (according to me and my mom, anyway. >_>). But then people can use the exact same stuff, using techniques I can replicate, and come up with something wildly beautiful.

Also clay and other forming mediums. Can't seem to make them work like I want to, and then there's some random kid making a replica of Michelangelo's David.
How dare you dislike Everest! That's as close as Evered! :shock:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yes. Well. I'm guessing people don't try to climb you and die horribly in the attempt. :D

I mean. O_o That's an assumption, I guess.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I tend to agree. I can't make most mediums work with me, and it sucks. XD

The lost world genre of fiction?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I didn't know it had its own genre. XD I guess it makes sense.

I'm a fan, apparently. The Uncharted series is one of my favorites, and I do love Indiana Jones from time to time. I don't think I've ever actually read the Lost World though. Lot of movies and books in the vein of it that I like.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've been kicking around a Victorian-era lost world adventure book idea for a while now, but I was drafting an outline and got severely stuck. I managed to get them to the lost world, exploring the wonders there...and now I have no idea where to go. XD

Tom Petty?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
How do you want it to end? Sometimes, if I figure out how I want something to end, or even a future event I want to happen, I'll know which way to aim my characters. What I want them to find, or to find them.

I didn't listen to any of his stuff, really. Except that which was in Guitar Hero. I know he was talented though.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, that's the trick, innit? I don't know where I want this story to end. XD

On the other hand, I have come up with a concept for a vaguely-sci-fi-vaguely-magical story where I have a core concept and a few major beats played out, but my ending idea seems excessively dark...lol
Spoiler:
Essentially, it's about someone who gets roped into testing a Transmigration device: That is, a device that transports your soul to alternate realities where different versions of you exist. A kind of Quantum Leap across reality, not time. There would be a lot of thinking about how things would have turned out if certain things had happened, and so on. The ending I see, admittedly, is pretty dark. The main character returns to their body, but something has fundamentally changed about how they view the world, and they start longing after some of those alternate realities. Unable to do so, they end up killing themselves in despair. A sort of post-script would point out that their neural patterns had changed significantly after returning, raising the possibility that fragments of their alternate selves came along, and perhaps that turmoil drove them to suicide. Or maybe seeing what could have been was too much for them to bear. It's supposed to be somewhat ambiguous.

So I've been playing Danganronpa V3, and while I think the content of the game is more than you would want to experience (Let's just say writing the review for the site is going to be...interesting), there are some awesome songs on the soundtrack. For example:

This is the song that plays during a new debate mechanic: The Scrum Debate. In a Scrum, the people in the trial are split down the middle as to how to proceed, so they line up against each other. You are presented with a list of subjects of the debate, and cycle through them. The team you are not on leads off, with someone making a short statement. You have to identify which subject relates to that statement, and use it to counter their argument. Then the other team goes on a different phrase, and you identify the correct subject for that, and keep going until all arguments are destroyed. I like it.

Thoughts on the song?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Well, that's the trick, innit? I don't know where I want this story to end. XD

On the other hand, I have come up with a concept for a vaguely-sci-fi-vaguely-magical story where I have a core concept and a few major beats played out, but my ending idea seems excessively dark...lol
Where, no. But how? Are they going to return to the surface, changed? Are they all going to die horribly? Are they going to discover untold secrets, learn to wield magic, become demi-gods, and enslave humanity?

I tend to just pick something and run with it, then change it later if I need be. Or just have my characters fart around until something happens.

Your other idea...it is dark. Interesting, but dark. XD Of course, then you'd have to wonder: was that really the main character, or simply another way it could have gone down in an alternate reality?

At least, that's what I would tell myself after I finished reading it. XD

The music reminds me of Shin'En's arcade shooters. Like Nanostray, or Iridion. I liked it a lot; very tense, though.