Inquire unto the l'Cie.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Nix wrote:I love the Viper Mk II... but where is the Mk VII? Is that the "older" Viper? I thought that was the Mk I, but I just don't remember. XD

/still kinda new at this BSG thing
The MkII is the older one, the white Viper with red trim that they had to get out of the museum to fight the Cylons with.

The MkVII is the gray "modern" one like what Apollo was flying. Those were the ones the Cylons obliterated because their computers were networked, allowing the Cylons to hack in and disable them. Apollo presumably had his retrofitted to make it immune to the Cylon hacking, because he flies it occasionally over the course of the series.

Boomer or Starbuck?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Nix wrote:I know that line. But from where?
Oh Schnap. :O I forgot. XD Emery, I think.

Emery?
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
ArcticFox wrote:
Nix wrote:I love the Viper Mk II... but where is the Mk VII? Is that the "older" Viper? I thought that was the Mk I, but I just don't remember. XD

/still kinda new at this BSG thing
The MkII is the older one, the white Viper with red trim that they had to get out of the museum to fight the Cylons with.

The MkVII is the gray "modern" one like what Apollo was flying. Those were the ones the Cylons obliterated because their computers were networked, allowing the Cylons to hack in and disable them. Apollo presumably had his retrofitted to make it immune to the Cylon hacking, because he flies it occasionally over the course of the series.

Boomer or Starbuck?
Aaahh, Okay. So it's the Mk II I love... the Mk VII's were... weak. Stupid networked computers. :P

Boomer or Starbuck? Oh man. Dude. That's tough. I just watched the episode having to do with the Cylon saying he'd planted a nuke on one of the ships, and I grew to love both Boomer and Starbuck more in that episode. XD

Starbuck is so hardcore, and yet she does have a human side to her. She is awesome.

Boomer... she's kind of a "sad" character. A Cylon who doesn't know she's a Cylon... and that one scene last night where Gaius lied to her saying she was "clean"... wow. That was powerful, seeing the look on her face. I really feel for her at times.

So. Um. It's hard to pick. XD

Do you have a fav?
Chozon1 wrote:
Nix wrote:I know that line. But from where?
Oh Schnap. :O I forgot. XD Emery, I think.

Emery?
I do not know this band. Are they... good?

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Nix wrote: Aaahh, Okay. So it's the Mk II I love... the Mk VII's were... weak. Stupid networked computers. :P

Boomer or Starbuck? Oh man. Dude. That's tough. I just watched the episode having to do with the Cylon saying he'd planted a nuke on one of the ships, and I grew to love both Boomer and Starbuck more in that episode. XD

Starbuck is so hardcore, and yet she does have a human side to her. She is awesome.

Boomer... she's kind of a "sad" character. A Cylon who doesn't know she's a Cylon... and that one scene last night where Gaius lied to her saying she was "clean"... wow. That was powerful, seeing the look on her face. I really feel for her at times.

Do you have a fav?
Hehe I loved the innocent, inquisitive look on Boomer's face as she awaited Baltar's answer... With the Six apparition telling him how her response could be unpredictable... she could get across the table and kill him in the blink of an eye... I don't really blame Baltar for lying. In a way, Baltar is the most human, most realistic character in the whole story. He isn't an evil guy, he's just somebody who goes around with a look on his face like he's just trying to hang on and get through it.

I think between the two of them (Starbuck and Boomer) I like Starbuck better, because I just liked the story path she takes better. Sometimes I lived her, sometimes I hated her guts and that makes her real. I won't elaborate any further, lest I mistakenly spoil something.

Did you ever watch the original Battlestar?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Star Trek Online?
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox wrote:
Nix wrote: Aaahh, Okay. So it's the Mk II I love... the Mk VII's were... weak. Stupid networked computers. :P

Do you have a fav?
Hehe I loved the innocent, inquisitive look on Boomer's face as she awaited Baltar's answer... With the Six apparition telling him how her response could be unpredictable... she could get across the table and kill him in the blink of an eye... I don't really blame Baltar for lying. In a way, Baltar is the most human, most realistic character in the whole story. He isn't an evil guy, he's just somebody who goes around with a look on his face like he's just trying to hang on and get through it.

I think between the two of them (Starbuck and Boomer) I like Starbuck better, because I just liked the story path she takes better. Sometimes I lived her, sometimes I hated her guts and that makes her real. I won't elaborate any further, lest I mistakenly spoil something.

Did you ever watch the original Battlestar?
Yeah, exactly. That look... awesome. And honestly, Gaius Baltar is one of my favorite characters. As you said, he's just so... "real". And human. I like him a lot.

Yeah, Starbuck is like that from what I can tell (evoking totally different emotions). It's just so tough for me to pick out of the two at this point, that's all. XD

Six... she makes a great baddie, but man. Nasty. o.o

Also... no, haven't seen the original. Is it any good? I've not seen it on TV, or else I'd try it out.
Deep wrote:Star Trek Online?
I want it, believe me. Looks awesome. But alas, you know my interwebz situation. ;)

Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Left for Dead?
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pheonix wrote:Left for Dead?
Do want. So badly. And it's now cheap... I may get it soon-ish.

But I gotta make sure I've got enough for FFXIII, which is the main game on my mind... as I'm sure you know. :P

Kendrik
CCGR addict
Why aren't you on IRC?
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kendrik wrote:Why aren't you on IRC?
I want to be, but I'm just getting off to clean up and head out. :(

I fail, I know.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Nix wrote: Yeah, exactly. That look... awesome. And honestly, Gaius Baltar is one of my favorite characters. As you said, he's just so... "real". And human. I like him a lot.

Yeah, Starbuck is like that from what I can tell (evoking totally different emotions). It's just so tough for me to pick out of the two at this point, that's all. XD

Also... no, haven't seen the original. Is it any good? I've not seen it on TV, or else I'd try it out.
The original Battlestar was kinda campy sometimes but it had a depth to it that went unrealized as it was so expensive that it only lasted one season despite it's incredibly high ratings.

I asked because I was wondering (if you did watch it) if you'd recognized the actor who played Tom Zarek in the episode where the prisoners on the transport ship refused to work for the fleet. Remember the leader guy? The one who had all those scenes with Lee Adama? Well that actor played Apollo in the original BSG. (Richard Hatch) I thought it was pretty awesome that they put those two together like that.

And no, you haven't seen the last of Tom Zarek...

Laura Roslin... Got a ruthless side, doesn't she?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox wrote:
Nix wrote: Yeah, exactly. That look... awesome. And honestly, Gaius Baltar is one of my favorite characters. As you said, he's just so... "real". And human. I like him a lot.

The original Battlestar was kinda campy sometimes but it had a depth to it that went unrealized as it was so expensive that it only lasted one season despite it's incredibly high ratings.

I asked because I was wondering (if you did watch it) if you'd recognized the actor who played Tom Zarek in the episode where the prisoners on the transport ship refused to work for the fleet. Remember the leader guy? The one who had all those scenes with Lee Adama? Well that actor played Apollo in the original BSG. (Richard Hatch) I thought it was pretty awesome that they put those two together like that.

And no, you haven't seen the last of Tom Zarek...

Laura Roslin... Got a ruthless side, doesn't she?
Ah, that sucks that it was canceled after one season. Very sad. I hate it when that happens to a good show. :|

I didn't know that about Zarek. But that's awesome. ^_o

He was an awesome character. I hope he comes back.

Oh man... yes. Yes she does. Roslin is a strong character, I'd say. But how she had that one guy ejected into space... whoa. She's not a softy. XD

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Nix wrote: Ah, that sucks that it was canceled after one season. Very sad. I hate it when that happens to a good show. :|

I didn't know that about Zarek. But that's awesome. ^_o

He was an awesome character. I hope he comes back.

Oh man... yes. Yes she does. Roslin is a strong character, I'd say. But how she had that one guy ejected into space... whoa. She's not a softy. XD
Yah Leoben the Cylon knows how to plant the seeds though, doesn't he? You like what he whispered to Roslin right before she had him spaced?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Strider
CCGR addict
Classic rock?
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
Voyde
Gamer
Gamer
Ok, I have to know...how you feel about Metroid?
People who hack Metroid are losers.