Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Still haven't seen it. :(
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Won't say anything then...I liked it.

When installing various household machinery, it'd be nice if the designers gave some thought to screw placement?

Not that I don't enjoy contorting myself in cirque-esque positions to get the final bolt tightened. O_o
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, screw positioning is sometimes really messed up. I don't understand the logic of it sometimes. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I was installing a paper towel holder when I wrote that. The included screws were about 3/8 of an inch long, and I had to contort myself in all manner of painful ways before finally finding a way to see the screws under the cabinet and tighten them. Could've been fixed by better placement, or longer screws.

Which I had...but then I couldn't have used the included ones, and there's a principle there.

When people (who's opinions actually matter, mind; not just a random scrub) think you are a weenie, and the only way to prove them otherwise is by doing something stupid and relatively pointless?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's never a fun situation to be in. I usually just peace out of whatever brought that up, because I'd rather just sit out than deal with that nonsense.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sadly, I think I'm going to have to. Thankfully, the idiocy in question is legal and not unhelpful. Just unnecessary. I'd give my left spleen to have it involve wrestling a bear though.

Magneto is probably one of the coolest Marvel arch-villains?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Agreed. I also think Doctor Doom is cool too, but not as much as Magneto. Plus, Ian McKellan as Magneto = excellence.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Plus, Magneto sort of mellows with age. I think he eventually becomes pretty much kind of a good guy.

Or

?

It's two of my favorite songs from their newest CD. I don't dislike a single one from it though, which always makes me happy. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
In the immortal words of airpa, I can't see the picture. :(

I thought maybe you had copied the video IDs wrong, but I plugged them into YouTube directly, and nope: Copyright claimed. Boo.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hah. XD It's funny, because I was actually surprised when I found them on youtube yesterday. Ulterium has really been cracking down on it. Might actually be harmful at this point, but that's politics.

There's never a bag of air-dry clay around when you need it?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, if you give me the album and song names, I might be able to find it elsewhere. >_>

There's never any creative medium around when I need it.

"Oh, I have a cool story idea! ....and my computer is at home."

"Oh, I have an idea for a thing to draw! ...except my drawing tablet doesn't work, and I don't want to shell out yet more for another. And I can't draw very well."

Ok, maybe that last one is a bad example. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
"Stir the Embers" and "Call to Arms". They're on Ghost Ship, by Theocracy.

I'm not above jotting down sparse outlines on my phone or kindle; whichever is handy.

Thoughts on 'The Last Jedi'?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I am...torn.

On the one hand, the trailer did very little for me (Other than the space battle scenes, which were awesome), and I very much disliked TFA as a Star Wars movie, so my interest in Star Wars films is at an all time low. On the other, it's not written or directed by JJ Abrams, so it is highly likely to be better than TFA just on that basis alone. Rogue One was automatically better than TFA merely by not being an Abrams production (And also it had a better sense of how to do a Star Wars battle than TFA did). XD

So...hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I won't be going opening night (I never go opening night to anything, lol), probably not until the new year. And I'll probably get people to tell me what happens, because I might just wait until the movie comes out on digital rental to actually see it.

I dunno. I just don't care about Star Wars anymore. Like, I still love the Lucas movies, but I just don't have that childlike sense of glee over them anymore. Even though I liked Rogue One, it still had a ton of problems that does not give me hope for the Disney Star Wars thing. TFA was put together on an assembly line meant to optimize fan service, and, well...I don't like it. Fan service is a sign of laziness and/or desperation. Rogue One, while it had moments of brilliance, was brought down by awkward pacing and a really boring first act. I've basically lost interest in most of the Marvel movies except as, shall we say, silly entertainment because the movies feel very samey. I'm worried that Star Wars will go the same way. And I don't want it to go that way.

/rant
sebastionfox
Noob
Noob
i gay/bi and i dont want to be anymore because i believe it is a sin and ive accepted christ as my savior and has seen some small changes in my life but i cant fully kick it without gods help and its extremely hard for me to say no to the lifestyle, ive cried out to god to fix me and mold me to what he wants me to be yet i still am attracted to man, but have attractions to females just not sexual feelings, is god ignoring my wants/needs or has he molded me to what he accepts yet still leaving me with my sin, or is he wanting me to push it away myself. i dont want this sin anymore, i want it gone forever. why hasnt it gone fully away when ive cried out lord save me from being gay.

i keep being told that as long as i believe in christ as my savior then im saved. but yet i feel as if im not fully freed from my chains of sin. im not wicked, i have love for all beings and there is no hate in my heart and i cannot deny and apology from anyone even a murderer,child rapist ect.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm...Well, the trailer seems interesting. It depends on how gutsy they are willing to take the 'last Jedi' sentiments. Lucas seemed to be using the prequels to point out flaws in the Jedi belief's, but they were never really fleshed out because Anakin took a lightsaber to everyone.

Of course, I'm hyped beyond reason. <3 :P Star Wars fanboy. XD

Though I do understand the Marvel comparison and fears...I had actually lost hope in the Marvel universe until Doctor Strange, though I couldn't tell you why that movie was particularly different. Well, I think I could. But it'd spoil the everything, so I won't. XD

Weather that can't decide whether to be hot or cold?