Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Tater tots or fries?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I'm gonna say tots, but mostly because I like the "easy to pop in your mouth" size. Fries are good, but I like being able to not have to fold or bite into my food to get in my mouth.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Alternative drink options to pop?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sparkling water is not a bad bet, but I often go for a diet version of soda (Despite Texas heritage, I call soda soda, not Coke. Only Coke is Coke). Coke Zero (technically Coke Zero Sugar, but meh...) is a pretty decent substitute for the "real" thing. Pepsi Zero Sugar (formerly known as Pepsi Max) isn't half bad either, especially considering I've always felt like regular Pepsi is just too sweet for me.

Other than that, coffee, tea, and water are my go-to beverage options. XD
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
The worst beverage you've ever drunk?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, worst depends on the definition.

Worst tasting: Diet Mountain Dew. Dear lord why. Why does this soft drink exist. Mountain Dew is already kind of low on my "favorite soda" list and the diet version is somehow just plain nasty. It is inexplicably disgusting

Worst effect: Long Island Iced Tea. If you aren't familiar with it, I'll give you the rundown: it's equal parts Tequila, Rum, Gin, Vodka, and Triple Sec, combined with some sour mix and a splash of cola. It goes down very easy. It is EXCEPTIONALLY potent. It's about 22% alcohol by volume.

Usually alcohol intoxication for me manifests in me being a very talkative person, but also very serious. I'll go really into detail about all manner of things, but I'm not really rowdy. Further, I often describe alcohol intoxication to those who aren't familiar with it like being very tired: You have this strange sense of only vaguely being in control of yourself when walking (it takes a lot of effort to walk straight because your muscles are so relaxed), and at higher levels you feel the urge to just lie down because you can have a head-spinning sensation.

A Long Island Iced Tea basically puts me into the "I'm unable to walk, and I feel like collapsing in bed" state immediately. The last time I had a Long Island, it took me over an hour to sober up to the point where I could drive. Never again.

Of course I don't really drink alcohol anymore, so it's not really an issue either. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Programming a small wrist device to play several different songs or sound bites to play in the event X situation arises, to provide humor or escape?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Your ideal vacation? (Money and time being no issue)
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:39 am Programming a small wrist device to play several different songs or sound bites to play in the event X situation arises, to provide humor or escape?
Sounds like the sort of thing you would do. XD
RedPlums wrote:Your ideal vacation? (Money and time being no issue)
Good question. I think if money and time are in fact not an issue for this hypothetical vacation, I'd want to do a bit of a round-the-world tour. Go to Japan, spend some time in Tokyo for a bit, maybe Sapporo. Pop over to Korea as well, just to see what it's like. Then fly south to Australia. Spend some time there, getting to see some of the big sites. Hop over to New Zealand for a bit too. Then truck it on over to Cape Town South Africa, to see what that's like. Fly north and east a bit to the UAE to see Dubai, then hop up to Eastern Europe to see some of the former Soviet states. Spend some time in Italy, Germany, and France, and then go to the UK and Ireland to see more stuff there. To get full continental coverage, a trip to southern Chile to see Tierra del Fuego and the southern-most part of the Americas. Then hop on north to call it a trip.

Then I can say I've flown around the world.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
That would be a great trip!

Turn based games?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
So there's a guy in my Destiny 2 clan who is constantly complaining about the game, and the evils of Bungie and Activision. Complaining the entire system is rigged to rip off players (Eververse is evil, and the game is based around it, for example), and Bungie is a shady organization who tries to cheat the player base (the EXP 'debacle' where Bungie lowered the amount earned but didn't rent a billboard and broadcast it), and they never listen, and Destiny is dying because of it.

And...how next year there's a sweet game coming out that will be everything Destiny 2 was supposed to be, but better.

And it's made by EA.

Is it wrong that I'm presently enjoying this, waiting for the other shoe to fall? XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote: That would be a great trip!

Turn based games?
They can be fun, provided the flow of the game is quick enough. I like being able to think about things, but having to spend a ton of time waiting for things is really obnoxious.
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:56 am So there's a guy in my Destiny 2 clan who is constantly complaining about the game, and the evils of Bungie and Activision. Complaining the entire system is rigged to rip off players (Eververse is evil, and the game is based around it, for example), and Bungie is a shady organization who tries to cheat the player base (the EXP 'debacle' where Bungie lowered the amount earned but didn't rent a billboard and broadcast it), and they never listen, and Destiny is dying because of it.

And...how next year there's a sweet game coming out that will be everything Destiny 2 was supposed to be, but better.

And it's made by EA.

Is it wrong that I'm presently enjoying this, waiting for the other shoe to fall? XD

You know, I can kind of understand that guy's point of view on the Destiny 2 problems. Eververse is kind of obnoxious, Bungie has done a pretty crap job at communicating with the player base, and so on. But the core gameplay is fun, and I think the game is still solid. Bungie can right the ship, so to speak.

Anthem is going to be no better at this, I think. In fact it may be worse, because EA. So I'm kind of with you in waiting for the other shoe to drop. XD

On the other hand, I think Anthem is going to be a make-or-break game for BioWare. I think if Anthem flops, BioWare will be shuttered. Apparently, staff at BioWare feel the same way. So while I am anticipating the backlash to Anthem as sort of a middle finger to EA, I'm also wary because even though BioWare is but a shell of its former self, I still feel some old sentiment towards it. I think they deserve better than to be closed by EA.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Ever heard of or played Civilization 5?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I just don't understand the mind set, I 'spose. Bungie hasn't done anything underhanded or shifty. Even the EXP thing wasn't anything more than them giving people what they wanted, in giving them more grind.

The problem is...I am a salty, old, year one Destiny player. All this complaining and whining is exactly the same thing as happened in D1Y1, and then the Taken King dropped. Maybe it's a part of the process towards D2's TTK, but it's starting to grate. I need to mute him in my facebook feed I 'spose. XD And I'm not a completionist. I don't need every armor set or weapon skin, so Eververse is just gravy for me.

Talisman?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:43 pm Ever heard of or played Civilization 5?
I have put way too much time into Civilization 5. XD
Chozon1 wrote: I just don't understand the mind set, I 'spose. Bungie hasn't done anything underhanded or shifty. Even the EXP thing wasn't anything more than them giving people what they wanted, in giving them more grind.

The problem is...I am a salty, old, year one Destiny player. All this complaining and whining is exactly the same thing as happened in D1Y1, and then the Taken King dropped. Maybe it's a part of the process towards D2's TTK, but it's starting to grate. I need to mute him in my facebook feed I 'spose. XD And I'm not a completionist. I don't need every armor set or weapon skin, so Eververse is just gravy for me.

Talisman?
I'm coming more from the opposition of Eververse on the principle of the thing, not because I personally would 'need' to use it. I just don't like microtransactions in a full-price game. The "loot box" mechanic ain't great either, and I am vehemently opposed to its implementation in games like Battlefront 2.

I don't know what that is. Context?