Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote:I actually tend to carry spiders outside too (or, uh...ignore them. Much to my parents chagrin) too, but when I'm walking through tall grass at night, and see multiple spiders around me the size of a small doughnut, I get a bit uncomfortable.
Define "small doughnut." And I think you'll be fine as long as you don't touch any webs....
Chozon1 wrote:Making a room look like a sunset forest?
Not quite. But I have wanted to paint a room with a deep foresty scene on all the walls, and a deep blue sky / ceiling. And when the lights are turned out, that's when the glow-in-the-dark stars that were painted become visible....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Eh...probably two or three inches, total (legs included) diameter. Not giant, but large. They're wolf spiders. As far as I can tell (at least the flavor I see most often this time of year) they don't spin webs when hunting; they perch on branches or tall grass, and grab at whatever comes by. I don't think they're poisonous, I just get a bit...jittery...when I'm surrounded by spiders large enough to make noise when they walk. In the dark. While I'm wearing shorts and flip flops.

Fun times.

What's worse: Wasps or spiders?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
What's worse: Wasps or spiders?
Wasps. Most spiders will leave you alone. Wasps have a bad attitude and a Napoleon complex.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
In hindsight, that may have been the most useless question known to mankind. At least in North America...but then, Australian wasps may be just as bad.

Cleaning out closets?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
Cleaning out closets?

This can be an interesting experience! Sometimes it's a bit like an archaeological expedition ("I haven't seen this since 1987!") while wearing haz-mat suits. ("And it still hasn't expired!")
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sadly, I have found no food stuffs. Lot's of mice nests, loads of spiders...some old toys. I did find my grandfathers watch, though. ^_^ Ashamed I lost it, but thrilled when I saw it in one of the aforementioned mice nests.

Some stains just won't come out?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Some stains just won't come out?
Indeed.
Lady MacBeth wrote:"Out, d**ned spot! Out, I say!"
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I should probably read Shakespeare, at some point.

Strange hats?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:I should probably read Shakespeare, at some point.
Debatable. Even though his works have been extremely influential, they can be hard to read. I prefer watching productions of his works, so you can actually see what's going on. It helps a lot.

Chozon1 wrote:Strange hats?
I believe it was the Heavy who said "hats are the best!" And I do have a strange hat for my Heavy, too! It's the Old Man Frost, and I love the thing. Makes me look like Santa Claus is coming to deliver my opponents a present... with a minigun.
Fry wrote:Santa Claus is gunning you down....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, a small part of me wants to read the originals because I get tired of "artistic" farts treating me like I'm ignorant because I haven't read them. The other part of me knows that wouldn't change even if I had a signed autograph of Shakey himself, and so I'm at an impasse: enough care to not give up on the idea, not enough care to put the effort into it. Just like interpretive dance.

That is, however, an amazing hat. XD I love it.

Tron?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Well, a small part of me wants to read the originals because I get tired of "artistic" farts treating me like I'm ignorant because I haven't read them. The other part of me knows that wouldn't change even if I had a signed autograph of Shakey himself, and so I'm at an impasse: enough care to not give up on the idea, not enough care to put the effort into it. Just like interpretive dance.
I find it amusing that so many scholarly, pseudo-intellectuals have such a high-brow approach to Shakespeare, when really Shakey wrote a lot of his stuff for the common man, and a lot of it is pretty low-brow, too. After all, his works include slasher horror, sex comedies and even what might be considered to be one of the first high fantasies. Of course, there are plenty of other examples of stories of betrayal, lost love, and tragedy due to failures of communication, too, but those can be common themes regardless of the genre - or even if the work is considered to be intellectual or common.

My thing is that the plays were intended to be performed on stage. I have trouble reading the plays because I tend to find them somewhat boring when read that way. In the hands of a skilled acting troupe, who knows what inflections to put on the words and have a dedication to try and present it as it might have appeared in the Globe Theatre, the plays can actually be quite good.
Chozon1 wrote:Tron?
I was just a kid when the first one came out, and being the computer geek I was, I loved it. The latest movie? ... meh. I watched it and was thoroughly unimpressed.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Star Wars in Shakespeare's style?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Star Wars in Shakespeare's style?
That could be fun!

"Luke, forsooth, I am thy father!"

"No! It cannot be! Never have I conceived of such a notion! My heart is wroth with pain, for while I deny it to the heavens, I know thy words be true!"
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote:I find it amusing that so many scholarly, pseudo-intellectuals have such a high-brow approach to Shakespeare, when really Shakey wrote a lot of his stuff for the common man, and a lot of it is pretty low-brow, too. After all, his works include slasher horror, sex comedies and even what might be considered to be one of the first high fantasies. Of course, there are plenty of other examples of stories of betrayal, lost love, and tragedy due to failures of communication, too, but those can be common themes regardless of the genre - or even if the work is considered to be intellectual or common.

My thing is that the plays were intended to be performed on stage. I have trouble reading the plays because I tend to find them somewhat boring when read that way. In the hands of a skilled acting troupe, who knows what inflections to put on the words and have a dedication to try and present it as it might have appeared in the Globe Theatre, the plays can actually be quite good.
I could launch into a rant about how too many people ruin the arts with their complex, but I won't. I do need to get to the theater more often, though. And that might be a nice compromise to reading/not reading the plays, thus ending the conflict and freeing up the back of my brain for other problems (like finishing Dante).

Dante?
Sstavix wrote:I was just a kid when the first one came out, and being the computer geek I was, I loved it. The latest movie? ... meh. I watched it and was thoroughly unimpressed.
Also, the deuce; I love the original, but hated the new one. I felt like they were reaching for some great spiritual revelation, while also going for Matrix style combat.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
I could launch into a rant about how too many people ruin the arts with their complex, but I won't. I do need to get to the theater more often, though. And that might be a nice compromise to reading/not reading the plays, thus ending the conflict and freeing up the back of my brain for other problems (like finishing Dante).
That's where YouTube comes in. :lol: You can watch theatrical performances without having to be around all those snobs.
Chozon1 wrote: Dante?
I've been meaning to read Inferno as well, but haven't had the time.
Chozon1 wrote:
Sstavix wrote:I was just a kid when the first one came out, and being the computer geek I was, I loved it. The latest movie? ... meh. I watched it and was thoroughly unimpressed.
Also, the deuce; I love the original, but hated the new one. I felt like they were reaching for some great spiritual revelation, while also going for Matrix style combat.
That makes sense. They were trying for something profound, but ended up overreaching and fell flat.