Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Wow. I'm torn between disgust and disappointment that I can't get in on it. O_o

The Post?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
The who?

As for the grants for being an artist, I think all you need to do is produce something and then try to defend its artistic "merits." ( like being nude in public and letting strangers grope you. I don't know if that "artist" received any government money for it, but that was her "artwork." :? ) The hardest part would be trying to keep a straight face while you explain how your work has cultural merit and deserves public funding.
funnyman766
Noob
Noob
Favorite genre of music?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
funnyman766 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 am Favorite genre of music?
I tend to prefer rock, especially Christian rock. However, I also like to listen to alternative and '80s pop, techno, punk, metal... Pretty much the only genres I avoid are rap and country.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sstavix wrote: The hardest part would be trying to keep a straight face while you explain how your work has cultural merit and deserves public funding.
Oh, that's not really that hard. I am told that I am talented in that area, actually. >_>

The Post is a movie about the Pentagon Papers, and how the people behind the Washington Post had to decide whether to publish them or not, essentially. I think it's ironic, is all.

Skylanders?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am

The Post is a movie about the Pentagon Papers, and how the people behind the Washington Post had to decide whether to publish them or not, essentially. I think it's ironic, is all.
Ah, OK. I haven't seen the movie (or heard of it, actually). Given the nature of Hollywood, I'm sure it paints the Washington Post in a good light. :?

Of course, if the media did its job it would hold every administration accountable and provide facts to the public, even if it disagreed with the personal politics of the editors. Casting back to my memories, I used to be a big fan of NPR because they held Bush Jr. accountable for the things he did. When Obama was elected, I expected them to do the same... but they didn't. Obama did a lot of the exact same things Bush did, but NPR ignored it because it was Obama (as another example, the Associated Press provided a near-daily account of how many American died in Afghanistan and Iraq while Bush was in office. As soon as Obama was sworn in, those articles stopped - even though twice as many soldiers died under Obama's reign than Bush's). These observations are really what jaded me on the media in general, and keep in mind that I was working for the media at that time!
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am Skylanders?
I have seen the products and know about it, but I have never played the game. I do know that it is a Spyro the Dragon tie-in, but that's about it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote: Ah, OK. I haven't seen the movie (or heard of it, actually). Given the nature of Hollywood, I'm sure it paints the Washington Post in a good light.

Of course, if the media did its job it would hold every administration accountable and provide facts to the public, even if it disagreed with the personal politics of the editors. Casting back to my memories, I used to be a big fan of NPR because they held Bush Jr. accountable for the things he did. When Obama was elected, I expected them to do the same... but they didn't. Obama did a lot of the exact same things Bush did, but NPR ignored it because it was Obama (as another example, the Associated Press provided a near-daily account of how many American died in Afghanistan and Iraq while Bush was in office. As soon as Obama was sworn in, those articles stopped - even though twice as many soldiers died under Obama's reign than Bush's). These observations are really what jaded me on the media in general, and keep in mind that I was working for the media at that time!
Saints, from the accounts I've read. Which is why I think it's funny, given how much our media fails to paint even a halfway accurate picture of reality now. XD

Canadian bacon?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Do you know what they call Canadian bacon in Canada?

... ham. :lol:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I would not doubt that in the slightest, actually.

Coldness?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 am
Coldness?
I spend a good portion of my workday in the freezer, which is typically -10 degrees. So when I run into someone in the backroom and they ask me if it's cold there, I have to shrug and admit that it feels fine to me.... :lol:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I always enjoyed working in the freezer section. The kitchen stockroom itself was nasty, but the freezer wasn't bad.

Sometimes the only answer is to walk away before you slap somebody?
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your most favorite food? Why?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 am
Sometimes the only answer is to walk away before you slap somebody?
Some people do deserve a good slappin'... but yes, it's better to walk away.
BlockHeadLewie wrote:What is your most favorite food? Why?
That would be a toss-up between spaghetti and meatballs, or cookies. I think I lean towards cookies, because as a child, I wanted to be Cookie Monster when I grew up. In a way, I still do. :wink:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, not all the time. Sometimes the only answer is a nice slap. But some of the time, you got to walk away. >_>

It's always worthwhile to check things out?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:02 am
It's always worthwhile to check things out?
Definitely! Otherwise, your curiosity will be bugging you all day long....