Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am
Exterior Christmas lighting: color, or all white?
I prefer a colorful display, myself. However, I also can see the appeal behind an all-white (or all-blue) display, too.
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am Also, Prisoner Zero has a gay couple in it. Not sure if you were going to watch it or not, or if that bothers you. But I make a habit of warning my conservative compadres when I recommend a kids TV show with gay characters.
I don't really have a problem with gay couples per se, as long as they aren't slobbering all over themselves in the show. (Then again, I'd have a problem with that if it were a straight couple, too. Especially in a kids' show.)

What does bother me is when things like that are injected into a show for no other reason than to push the "gay agenda" - an attempt to normalize homosexual behavior. Have an edgy romantic comedy? Sure, why not - especially if it scores a few laughs. But an action-packed thriller with lots of explosions? Things like that just derail the plot and make it blatantly obvious that there's a message to put.

Incidentally, that was one of the (many) things I hated about the sequel to Independence Day. They had to throw in this contrived sub-plot between Brent Spiner's character and a dude that never even appeared in the first film, and it was just obvious that the writers put it in there to try and make homosexuality look "normal." Instead, the scenes with them just seemed awkward and forced- as I mentioned, with a movie where you expect to see the heroes blow up spaceships and kick alien booty, the last thing you want is some poorly-written love scenes. SPOILER ALERT: When the "love interest" died in the film, I remember thinking "finally - now can we get back to the action, please?" I wish it had happened sooner in the film. Not that it would have improved that flick much....
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I liked that movie. XD It was ridiculous, and closer akin to a 50's alien flick than a modern one. No complaints.

Wrapping gifts?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
I would rate them as 1) Waffles, 2) French toast and 5) Pancakes. I know there were only three options on the list, but I tend to dislike pancakes, so I added two more imaginary categories. ;) As for making my own... I am a terrible cook. And the toaster varieties are poor. So I prefer if someone else makes them! :lol:
Chozon1 wrote: I liked that movie. XD It was ridiculous, and closer akin to a 50's alien flick than a modern one. No complaints.
The first one was great! I loved it, and had high hopes for the sequel. But the sequel was a huge letdown. Maybe another big part of it was a lack of Will Smith.
Chozon1 wrote: Wrapping gifts?
According to my wife, I do this terribly. :lol: I don't mind it, especially if I have something to watch while doing it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I was talking about the sequel. XD I liked them both, actually. As cheesy, fairly good-natured sci-fi flicks. I have no complaints. They aren't hyper violent, the good guys win, and old-fashioned ingenuity and self-sacrifice win the day.

The Last Jedi?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 am I was talking about the sequel. XD I liked them both, actually. As cheesy, fairly good-natured sci-fi flicks. I have no complaints. They aren't hyper violent, the good guys win, and old-fashioned ingenuity and self-sacrifice win the day.
It's probably due to my English major background, but plot holes and inconsistencies really bug me. I tend no notice things about storylines that other people miss, and they often bother me. My wife is kind of the same way, but with historical inaccuracies. The reason she hated Titanic? All the fashions were a decade off!
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 am
The Last Jedi?
Haven't seen it. I haven't seen a Star Wars flick since Episode 2. That film was so bad, it pretty much killed the franchise for me. I have little interest in the Star Wars movies any more (at least the new ones - the original trilogy is still fantastic!)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Titanic was a really good comedy though. :P

You should really consider taking up Star Wars again. You basically quit on the worst movie of the entire series. Revenge of the Sith is arguably the best movie of the prequel trilogy, and the new series is also really good.

Splinters?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:02 am
You should really consider taking up Star Wars again. You basically quit on the worst movie of the entire series. Revenge of the Sith is arguably the best movie of the prequel trilogy, and the new series is also really good.
I've considered it - especially how much some of my friends have raved about Rogue One. But I hardly have time to watch anything any more. If and when I do find free time, I prefer to spend it gaming or reading.
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:02 am Splinters?
He was OK, but a bit odd. I mean, who ever heard of a rat ninja master?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
No one...But that's mostly because he was a ninja. :P

Have a good Christmas?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am
Have a good Christmas?
I had to work late on Christmas Eve and didn't get home until about 3 a.m. on Christmas Day. No, I wasn't delivering presents to all the good boys and girls all over the world.... :lol:

But otherwise, it was pretty good. We had a variety of snacks, the kids got Lego sets, and I received a cover for my Kindle.

How did yours go?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Excellent. Got no complaints. ^_^

Smurf candy?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:12 am Smurf candy?
I have heard that this is Gargamel's favorite treat. I haven't been able to try it yet, though. The darn smurfs are just too quick and clever for me to catch.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
No joke: The Haribo Smurfs are the best gummy's I've ever tasted. I have given them away and received warm thanks...until people tasted them. Then it's usually eye bugging and 'holy poop this is amazing'.

Best brand of root beer?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 am No joke: The Haribo Smurfs are the best gummy's I've ever tasted. I have given them away and received warm thanks...until people tasted them. Then it's usually eye bugging and 'holy poop this is amazing'.
I have never seen gummy Smurfs, but I have tried other Haribo candies, and they are pretty good.
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 am Best brand of root beer?
It's hard to find in this area, but probably the best one I've tried has been Dang! Butterscotch Root Beer. It really does live up to its name.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I have never seen that. But I'll try it if I ever do. Sounds amazing.

Bow and arrows?