Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Buy anything cool in the Steam Sale?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:Buy anything cool in the Steam Sale?
So far the only thing I've purchased have been trading cards. ;) I did have my eye on a couple of deals in the Flash sales, but those didn't win the community vote. I'll keep looking, though.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It's pretty amazing. And pretty unique, which is always a plus.

Life is like a mouthful of sand?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Life is like a mouthful of sand?
I don't think so. Then again, I've never lived in the desert. So it's possible that I don't have a good frame of reference.

Life... is more like a potato. It sure doesn't look like much, and it starts out pretty dirty. But with some cleaning and careful preparation, you can make something pretty darn delicious out of it.

Wow... I have no idea where that came from, but there's some wisdom from Idaho right there.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Potatoes will ever be underrated.

Why can't people get over my blowing up a planet?

It's not like it was a solar system.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Why can't people get over my blowing up a planet?

It's not like it was a solar system.
Amusingly enough, I can think of two different fictional characters that may have said this. One is Jean Grey (who did that as Dark Phoenix) and the other one is Samantha Carter from Stargate SG-1.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It wasn't inhabited! >_>

Rodney McKay blew up a solar system. I think that's worse.

Sometimes, there's no escaping the sequel syndrome?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Rodney McKay blew up a solar system. I think that's worse.
I love McKay. Such a cool character - one of the best things about Stargate Atlantis.

Well... him and Ronon. And Sheppard. And Teyla. Even Todd. Yeesh, I miss that show....
Chozon1 wrote:Sometimes, there's no escaping the sequel syndrome?
[/quote]

Sadly, yes. Especially for game makers. Every once in a while they try to branch out and do something else... but they fall back on the old familiar stand-bys because they sell games. Not enough players willing to branch out and try something new....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Don't forget the Doc (Carson). Keller was cool, but I loved Carson. Man, I loved that whole show. I'm going to start watching it again come July. XD

I'm actually OK with falling back to mechanics. What bothers me is when the sequel can't reach the standards of the first. KotOR II did this to me. And I am sad. -_-

Giving in to complainers?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Don't forget the Doc (Carson). Keller was cool, but I loved Carson. Man, I loved that whole show. I'm going to start watching it again come July. XD
Carson rocked. And that is one of the few TV series that my wife and I own all on DVD. We should watch it again soon, too. :)
Chozon1 wrote: Giving in to complainers?
Nope. Once you have kids, you shouldn't be giving in. Otherwise they'll just get what they want and keep complaining anyway.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
We just watch it on Amazon Prime. We started watching it again tonight, akshually. :D I wouldn't mind owning it on DVD though. It's so good.

Hot dogs taste better when cooked over a fire?
Emwok
CCGR addict
?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Hot dogs taste better when cooked over a fire?
Almost everything tastes better over an open fire. :) Just make sure you don't roast the bun, relish and mustard with the dog. That could get messy.

As for Emwok... I've always been a fan of Weird Al. :) I've seen him in concert even - one of the few artists I've watched perform live. In fact, my first record I owned was a Weird Al album - "Even Worse" on vinyl.

... yes, I said vinyl. I'm old enough to remember when we used to get music on those big black plastic disks. And we liked it, too! Now get off my lawn, you whippersnapper!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm...I bet the bun (lightly toasted) would be delicious. Dunno about the mustard though...

Do you miss vinyl?

A lot of audiophiles love it still.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Do you miss vinyl?

A lot of audiophiles love it still.
Not particularly. The things had a tendency to be fragile, and if you got them too warm, they melted. If someone wanted that familiar scratching and popping that comes from listening to a record, it can be digitally reproduced. I think that storing music in an electronic format is the best way to preserve it nowadays.

At least until something happens to wipe out the electrical system in this country.... :shock: