Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Just for kicks, I ate about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of straight horseradish last night. My stomach has been burning since then (it's feeling a little better now).

If you could have any character in Super Smash Bros., who would you choose?
Spoiler:

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So I have a writing problem.

Namely, I can come up with what I consider to be decent story ideas. I might even write some good elements of the story. But then it sinks in: I don't know how to finish off a story. I can build to a climax all day, I just can't figure out what to do at the climax, or how to finish the story after.

Any advice?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Just for kicks, I ate about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of straight horseradish last night. My stomach has been burning since then (it's feeling a little better now).

If you could have any character in Super Smash Bros., who would you choose?
Sstavix, the Iksar necromancer. :P
Deepfreeze32 wrote:So I have a writing problem.

Namely, I can come up with what I consider to be decent story ideas. I might even write some good elements of the story. But then it sinks in: I don't know how to finish off a story. I can build to a climax all day, I just can't figure out what to do at the climax, or how to finish the story after.

Any advice?
Pretend you're telling the story to a little kid. You finish relating the scene or the action. Then the kid asks "and then what?"

That's one of the main questions I ask myself. "And then what?" I can come up with various scenes that I want to write, including climaxes - connecting them can be the tricky part. But I find that asking "and then what," I can continue the narrative and, gradually, connect the scenes into a larger, more cohesive story. And, occasionally, the "and then what" may lead you in a completely unexpected direction that can be more fun than the scene you had in your mind originally.

Part of making this really effective, however, relies on knowing your characters. Have you drawn up personality profiles for your characters? Do you know what they like and don't like, and what makes them tick? If you don't have a good idea of the characters of your work, you may have difficulty with answering the question "and then what." So it might be good to take some time to develop the characters and get to know them better.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Don't know if you've heard about it already, but Nintendo has released a ballot that allows you to request any video game character. Everyone is voting for Goku, except for me because I didn't think about that. :P

Scorpion vs spider deathmatch. Who wins?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Don't know if you've heard about it already, but Nintendo has released a ballot that allows you to request any video game character. Everyone is voting for Goku, except for me because I didn't think about that. :P
I would be inclined to veto that option right off the bat. If the character didn't start out as a videogame character, then it shouldn't be allowed. So no Goku, no Batman, and no Mickey Mouse (even though they all have appeared in video games, that isn't how they got their start).

However, the Heavy (TF2), Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy), GLaDOS (Portal) and Q*Bert (erm... Q*Bert) all could be viable options....
Emwok wrote:Scorpion vs spider deathmatch. Who wins?
If put in a cage-match style? I would think the scorpion. It really depends on what type of spider, and if it has a chance to spin a web first.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Mighty quests for epic lootz?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Mighty quests for epic lootz?
I've heard of the game somewhere before, but I have never played it. Have you? What do you think?
XxMonkeesGirlxX
Noob
Noob
what do you prefer? Xbox, play station (1,2,3 or portable), wii, wiiU, or Nintendo ds?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
XxMonkeesGirlxX wrote:what do you prefer? Xbox, play station (1,2,3 or portable), wii, wiiU, or Nintendo ds?
My MacBook Pro. :P

I do have a Nintendo Wii, and have considered getting a WiiU and a Playstation. But lately, it seems like all my gaming time and needs can be met simply with my computer (especially now that I have a game controller for it). There are several games for the Wii that I still have to finish (Metroid Prime Trilogy and Skyward Sword are the main ones), but I haven't had the time or inclination to boot up the Wii in months. It's hard to justify the purchase of a new console when you don't even use the one you have, and it is still in fine working condition.

So, at heart, I suppose I'm a PC gamer, and probably always will be. :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
How have you not finished the Prime trilogy? :O

That's like...one of the better trilogies in gaming.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:How have you not finished the Prime trilogy? :O

That's like...one of the better trilogies in gaming.
I hear you. And it's one of the few first-person shooters that I actually enjoy (for those new to the boards, it's probably my least-favorite genre of games). But I can't really play it around the kids (at least the second one - the zombie space marines are creepy...), and by the time they go to bed, I'm usually too tired to play, or my wife wants to watch something on Netflix, or both.

So it's on my "eventually I'll finish it" list, along with about 100 other games....
Emwok
CCGR addict
Sstavix wrote:
Emwok wrote:Mighty quests for epic lootz?
I've heard of the game somewhere before, but I have never played it. Have you? What do you think?
I tried to play it, but it froze my computer every time I started it up so I had to crash. I uninstalled it. It looks fun, but it looks too addicting for me to start playing. For now I think I'll stick to other games.

Shotgun or sniper rifle?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote: Shotgun or sniper rifle?
That's a bit like asking if I want to use a hammer or a butter knife. It depends entirely on what I'm trying to do.

What am I hunting in this scenario?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
The Dune books?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:The Dune books?
I'm hunting the Dune books? Well, probably the sniper rifle, in that case.

Actually, I haven't read them yet. Do you recommend them?