Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:31 am Superheroes that are amazing heroes, but used to be fry cooks and don't have super muscular physiques?
There are quite a few of those, at least in the Marvel universe. Bruce Banner = scrawny scientist. Peter Parker = Geeky teenager. Matt Murdock = Blind lawyer. Seems like some artists forget these character backgrounds, though, and tend to draw the "human" forms more buff than they're really supposed to be.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Bad shrimp cakes?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 am Bad shrimp cakes?
Is there such a thing as a good shrimp cake?

Then again... is there such a thing as good shrimp?

I'm not a big fan of seafood....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I like fish. I like the flavor of shrimp, but not the texture. Unless it's fried, but arguably anything tastes edible fried, so I can't really say I like it. XD

Plumbing?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 am Plumbing?
I actually enjoy it, somewhat. I've redone the majority of the drain pipes under the house and I have plans on working on the inlet pipes sometime this summer. I don't want to become a professional plumber, though.

Really, the knowledge of plumbing isn't that difficult. You just need to know how water flows and what are the best materials to use. The hard part comes with the installation - crawling through dark crawlspaces filled with spiders, dirt, mold, and whatever the cat left over there... wait, that might have been the cat. I wondered where Fluffy went three years ago....

When I had to change out some of the cast iron drainpipe a few years back, I had about two feet of clearance and a grinder with a cutting blade. I had some of the siding off the base of the house to provide some limited sunlight. My youngest daughter was watching from outside. Whenever I used the grinder on the pipe, there was a huge flurry of sparks and a lot of noise. Whenever I stopped to change my angle or whatnot, I heard her crying outside. "Daddy! Don't die!" To this day, she still refers to my grinder as "the evil tool." :lol: All that drainpipe has been replaced with good PVC pipe now, with rubber gaskets that clamp down with screws. So if I need to change out any of that pipe later, it'll be easy to do - just unscrew it, take out the bad piece, and put the new one into place. :)

In any case, I can understand why plumbers charge $75+ an hour to do their thing. And they deserve it for having to work under those conditions.
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
Pike fishing. or any kind of fishing at all???????????????
Sstavix
CCGR addict
CRCBrony wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:53 am Pike fishing. or any kind of fishing at all???????????????
I'm not too keen on fishing, for a couple of reasons.

1) Like hunting, I believe that you should only kill animals you intend to eat. If you prefer more of a "catch and release" approach... well, what was the point, then? As a Dilbert strip says, "So, you torture fish for fun?"

2) If I'm going to sit around for hours on end, I think it would be time better spent with a book. Or something I can play a game on.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm doing some surface level plumbing by replacing tub hardware and such; though the idea of being in a tight space using an angle grinder on iron pipe appeals to me, and that's a really funny image. XD I don't blame your daughter for being freaked out.

Transformers?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:18 am I'm doing some surface level plumbing by replacing tub hardware and such; though the idea of being in a tight space using an angle grinder on iron pipe appeals to me, and that's a really funny image. XD I don't blame your daughter for being freaked out.
I replaced the surround on our shower/tub a few years ago. I had to sheetrock the walls as well, since the previous owner had cut into the wall - including one of the 2x4 supports - so most of the wood was rotted. But everything is all re-insulated and repaired now.

The kit said that the job would take 3-4 hours. It took me 2 to 3 days. LIES!
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:18 am Transformers?
I've loved these toys since they first came out in the U.S. in 1984. Yes, I know I'm dating myself here... ;) In fact, I have a good portion of the entire "Beast Wars" and "Alternators" lines in storage bins. But I also get a kick out of the fact that my eldest daughter enjoys the cartoons, too. My kids have been watching the "Robots in Disguise" series on Netflix. I love how Peter Cullen is still doing the voice of Optimus all these years later. :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
We had a similar problem, actually. A pipe sprung a leak behind the wall, and we had to remove the walls, the tub, and the surroundings and replace them entirely. Only it took us between 10-15 years to get it done. O_o We don't even remember the exact date anymore. Thankfully, we had another shower downstairs...

You should check out Transformers: Prime, which is also on Netflix. I'd actually go so far as to call it amazing, though I enjoy the RID series too. ^_^

Screaming like a little girl when a wasp lands on your arm, only to realize it was a moth?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:33 am You should check out Transformers: Prime, which is also on Netflix. I'd actually go so far as to call it amazing, though I enjoy the RID series too. ^_^
Transformers: Rescue Bots also is surprisingly good. You wouldn't think so, since Decepticons don't ever appear and barely get mentioned. But it explores more of the relationship between the humans and Cybertronians in a way that tends to be glossed over in other series. It seems aimed at younger viewers - probably due to the lack of violence - but is still an enjoyable series to watch. And yes, it's on Netflix, too. :)
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:33 am Screaming like a little girl when a wasp lands on your arm, only to realize it was a moth?
I haven't done that, but that sounds funny. :lol:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cool. ^_^ I'll check it out.

Games with incomprehensible rules that people seem to make up as they go along?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:45 am Games with incomprehensible rules that people seem to make up as they go along?
Have you ever heard of the card game Mao. One of the rules is that you can't tell new players the rules. In addition, the dealer can make up a new rule whenever a new game begins. It can be quite confusing sometimes. There's a Wikipedia page here if you want to learn more.

Personally, I prefer games where the rules are much more clear-cut. They might be a bit convoluted, but at least they're written down and accessible.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, that would make me kill myself. O_o Or run screaming into the night. I don't mind complicated rules; I don't mind rules that take an hour to explain; I enjoy rulebooks that could be considered small novels.

But I have found that I hate rules that I cannot understand, and it legitimately frustrates me when I feel like people are making up rules because they aren't consistent. I don't know if I will ever play Dominoes with my family again. XD

Dr. Strange?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:18 am I don't know if I will ever play Dominoes with my family again. XD
But... dominoes does have a consistent rule set! However, there are so many variations to the rules that it's possible that they got them mixed up.

It starts out fairly simply. Everyone gets a set amount of dominoes (I think five). The first round, it starts with someone placing the double-blank in the middle of the table. (The rules I've played by, if no one has the double-blank, then everyone reshuffles their dominoes into the draw pile and draws again.) Then play goes clockwise, with each player trying to match one half of their dominoes to the structure that is in the middle of the table - in the first round, on either side of the double-blank. If they don't have a match, they draw one from the "boneyard." Play continues until one player gets rid of all their dominoes. Everyone counts the number of pips on their remaining dominoes, then shuffle them back into the draw pile.

The second round begins with whoever has the double-one. And so forth, until the final round uses the double-six. The winner is the player with the lowest score after all seven rounds.

But that's just the base rules that I know of. Like I said, there have been many variations, the most popular of which includes being able to play a domino at any right angle in the structure, as long as it matches all other dominoes it touches. (Instead of a straight line, the final tableau can look like a bizarre, sprawling structure, like a squashed spider.)
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:18 am
Dr. Strange?
He's Strange. ;) Of the mainstream comics I've read, the weirdest ones have been starring Dr. Strange. Not my favorite hero, but certainly an interesting one.

And no, I haven't seen the movie yet.