Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Eagle Eyes wrote:Hi.

I never asked you a question before. :P

Is it okay for me to start now? :mrgreen:
You may start in three... two... one... NOW!
Chozon1 wrote:I have never seen a jalapeno corn dog...I must hunt them down. @_@
You will not be disappointed.
Chozon1 wrote:Angry internet rants in real life?
Only if I can ignore them like I can on the Internet. ;)
Emwok
CCGR addict
Hot or cold weather?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Hot or cold weather?
Unlike a lot of my fellow reptiles, I prefer cold weather. Winter is my favorite season. It's a great feeling to go tromping around at night in the snow and look at the stars. Plus, I'd really like to learn how to cross-country ski sometimes.

That, and it's so much easier to catch hibernating rodents and eat them than when they're running around under the leaves.

Wait... scratch that last part. Forget I said it.
Eagle Eyes
VIP Member
VIP Member
Do you have a favorite plant?
Never judge a book by it's cover
and don't underestimate them either.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
When you forget to make a birthday gift until the day before said birthday? O_o
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Eagle Eyes wrote:Do you have a favorite plant?
I really like trees. Especially fruit trees, like apple trees. Shade you can eat! Yum! :D
Chozon1 wrote:When you forget to make a birthday gift until the day before said birthday? O_o
And they said those origami skills were pointless.... "Look! I made you a swan out of yesterday's newspaper! Happy birthday!"
Emwok
CCGR addict
The buildin' is on fiyah?

Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Hey, I've given origami gifts before. Terrible idea, but not for the reason you'd expect.

Cracked water pipes? O_o
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:The buildin' is on fiyah?

Some people have too much time on their hands. :lol:
Chozon1 wrote: Cracked water pipes? O_o
Those sure can be frustrating, can't they? Fortunately, I've been teaching myself plumbing over the past few years! I just fixed my sister-in-law's copper pipes last week, and the welds are still holding solid. :)

I haven't run into any sentient mushrooms or giant fire-breathing turtles yet, but from my experience at video games, those are obstacles you run into when working as a plumber. I'm not looking forward to that day.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
See, I would specifically be looking forward to it. XD I need to learn more plumbing skills. Mine are sadly lacking.

Those moments where it's either scream "WHAT THE BLEEPS", or sigh with acceptance?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:See, I would specifically be looking forward to it. XD I need to learn more plumbing skills. Mine are sadly lacking.
Plumbing actually is simpler than it looks. You just have to keep in mind that water will naturally flow in the direction gravity takes it. Also, make sure everything is sealed tight.
Chozon1 wrote:Those moments where it's either scream "WHAT THE BLEEPS", or sigh with acceptance?
Sounds like life in the IT department. :lol: Add "you idiot..." to your list, and you've summed up my general reactions in a nutshell.
Emwok
CCGR addict
This video?

Spoiler:

TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Sstavix wrote:
Chozon1 wrote:See, I would specifically be looking forward to it. XD I need to learn more plumbing skills. Mine are sadly lacking.
Plumbing actually is simpler than it looks. You just have to keep in mind that water will naturally flow in the direction gravity takes it. Also, make sure everything is sealed tight.
My sister is actually training right now in SkillsUSA for plumbing, she might even get free tutoring for it too! Would you happen to have any experiences I could tell her, because she is planning on plumbing being her career. :D
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:This video?

I found it insulting how the narrator frequently referred to reptiles as if they were some sort of inferior species. Like you hairless monkeys could do any better... pah. You haven't even invested sixth-dimensional space travel. Give me a break. :wink:

But on a more serious note, I always thought that Albert Einstein's theory about the fourth dimension made more sense. According to him, the fourth dimension is time. Being able to witness how things progress and age makes us fourth-dimensional creatures. A three-dimensional construct would be a pillar or a statue that never changed or aged. The mathematician in the video might possibly be flawed in thinking that the fourth dimension - or any subsequent dimensions - is one that we can tangibly manipulate or even witness.

And that brings me to my next point - basically what is the point? It's fun, theoretical knowledge... but does it have any practical applications? Unless we come across any fourth-dimensional structures or creatures - some sort of proof that there are things that exist in higher dimensions than ours - then this kind of thing is just playing with numbers and doesn't have any real-world applications.
TheAlexTDB wrote:\
My sister is actually training right now in SkillsUSA for plumbing, she might even get free tutoring for it too! Would you happen to have any experiences I could tell her, because she is planning on plumbing being her career. :D
Sure - and a warning. Plumbing is seriously messy work. Two summers ago, I replaced most of the cast iron drainpipe under the house with PVC and these cool gasket devices that form a watertight seal. If one of the pipes breaks, all I will have to do is loosen the seals, take out the length of broken pipe, put in a fresh pipe, and tighten it down. If a gasket breaks, just replace that instead. I don't have to cut anything while I'm under the house - just measure it and be done with it.

But the smell and the cramped conditions! There could be anything under a house - mold, cat poo, dead animals, spiders... and if you're going to be cutting pipes, you can expect to run into some pretty nasty stuff that could be fairly fresh, too. And before you cut anything, talk with the owners and find out if they have used any chemicals to clear the clogs first! This was advice that I came across on a different plumbing forum. When I was cutting out the iron pipes with my grinder, I was generating a lot of heat and sparks. Imagine what would happen if there was an accumulation of sulphuric or methane gas in some of those pipes. If you knew it was there, you may prefer using a hacksaw first.

But after my experience with my drain lines, I can easily understand why a plumber might charge $100 an hour to work on water or drain lines. It's not a pleasant job. But amazingly satisfying when the work is complete. :) Especially when you test it and there are NO LEAKS! Hooray!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
We've got to replace a cracked hot water pipe that's feeding a washing machine. We're just waiting until the weather warms up a bit, so that cutting off the water won't lead to more cracked pipes. We've actually got similar fittings to what you're talking about (ones that form a seal without glue), and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

When you hold a book in your hand, and know what you wrote it?

My proof copy came in today. <3 Hadn't told anyone about it either, so that was fun times. XD