Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I hate to have to say this but... meh. Definitely not the kind of music I'm into.

If you want more detail as to why I don't like it, here you go.

1) It's rap. Next to country, that's probably my least favorite type of music to listen to. (In fact, I'd even argue that some rap couldn't be called "music," just "bad poetry to an artificial drumbeat.")

2) The music sounds like a repetitious video game soundtrack, and there isn't much substance to it. Now if there was a good guitarist in there, it could improve things.

3) The lyrics... sigh. Shallow, self-serving "look how great I am" kind of song. The same kind of tired message a good portion of today's mind-numbing, fluffy-pop tunes that flood the airwaves. Yawn. I prefer my songs to have a bit more substance to them, especially if there's some form of social commentary that accompanies it (e.g. Midnight Oil, Offspring, Muse, some of Pink's tunes qualify as well).

After the video you linked, I don't really feel inclined to check out the rest of their stuff. If that's the best they have to offer, then I remain unimpressed.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Wait...you like Muse? If so, that's awesome!

So here's a question: What do you do while writing to keep you focused?

For me, I've found that music is an effective motivator, especially classical and instrumentals of any genre, but sometimes watching a video in the background of whatever inspired me in the first place can help. For instance, I've been writing a short screenplay for a film I hope to shoot whenever I get a camcorder that's not a smartphone about a man who develops and converses with a chatbot on the nature of personhood and intelligence. The ending involves a bit of confusion (Who is artificial? Does it matter?), but the whole thing can theoretically be shot with a computer and a small apartment. I find that watching videos of people playing The Talos Principle, which inspired the whole thing, to also be an effective motivator.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Wait...you like Muse? If so, that's awesome!

So here's a question: What do you do while writing to keep you focused?
I haven't heard much Muse, but from what I've heard, I like it. :)

As for what I listen to, when I'm writing, I try to listen to music that doesn't have singing, or at least not in a language I can speak. Some video game music is good (Civilization, Bastion), but Corvus Corax is a good choice, too. If I play songs in English, I find that I tend to get distracted when I start to sing along.... :lol:
HankTheCowdog
Why do you like lizards?

God's Not Dead!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
HankTheCowdog wrote:Why do you like lizards?
I don't know, really. It's not just lizards, though - I also like turtles and snakes. If it's reptilian, I'll think it's kind of cool.

As to why, I really couldn't say. Maybe it's a fascination with their alien natures in comparison to mammalian life. Or maybe it's because I was a weird kid. :wink:
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
My sister has a lizard, actually.

Question:
How did your first date go?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
CRCBrony wrote:My sister has a lizard, actually.

Question:
How did your first date go?
From... what, more than 20 years ago? It's hard to remember that far, sonny! :lol:

I was in college, and I needed to renew my driver's license. I wasn't in the mood to drive to Spokane by myself, so I headed over to my roommate's girlfriend's dorm room and asked her roommate if she wanted to go into Spokane with me. I renewed my license, we did some shopping, and she got food poisoning from the food court at the mall.

Our second date went better.... :lol:
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
ARE FIRST DATES ALWAYS THE WORST???!!!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
CRCBrony wrote:ARE FIRST DATES ALWAYS THE WORST???!!!
Not at all. It occurred to me, after I posted that, that that was my first date with the woman who would later become my wife. I have had dates with other girls before then... but they tended to be unremarkable, predictable dinner-and-a-movie or dinner-and-high-school-dance type affairs. I can barely remember them. So sometimes a "bad" first date could turn out to be the best, because it will give you and your significant other something to laugh about years down the road. :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Paper cuts are just the worst?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Paper cuts are just the worst?
Especially on the tongue. People wonder why I lick envelopes the way I do? THIS IS WHY!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
That's terrible. Really, just a way to ruin a day. XD

Getting people to play test a game shouldn't be so inordinately difficult?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Getting people to play test a game shouldn't be so inordinately difficult?
Do you have a game that needs playtesting? Want to tell me about it? ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sort of. I'm working on a board game/RPG. I want to have all the fun and world building of an RPG, with all the ease of play of a board game. I've got an early build finished, and I'm trying to get family and friends to run through it and see if it works.

To shamelessly self promote:

Essentially, you play a Guardian (human, but imbued with holy light), who's job is to fight in the war against darkness. Gamewise, it'll involve exploring (cities, caves, forests, ships), purging creatures and people of darkness, fighting a war, or "questing" (for lack of a better term) depending on the mission. It's set in an alternate universe running parallel to ours, except their "Adam" didn't fall, so in the absence of war, disease, and death, their society grew rapidly technologically, and they spread to the whole universe. Only later (in our history, when Jesus rose from the grave) did someone on their side open the door to sin, and start the war.

Fun times. We managed to get through character creation and two rooms before we had to stop. :D

Losing your notepad can be problematic?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Essentially, you play a Guardian (human, but imbued with holy light), who's job is to fight in the war against darkness. Gamewise, it'll involve exploring (cities, caves, forests, ships), purging creatures and people of darkness, fighting a war, or "questing" (for lack of a better term) depending on the mission. It's set in an alternate universe running parallel to ours, except their "Adam" didn't fall, so in the absence of war, disease, and death, their society grew rapidly technologically, and they spread to the whole universe. Only later (in our history, when Jesus rose from the grave) did someone on their side open the door to sin, and start the war.
Sounds interesting! I wonder about the theology behind it, though. I was under the impression that Adam had to fall in order for humanity to progress spiritually. Basically, if Adam had not eaten of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, none of us would be here. He and Eve would still be hanging around nekkid in the garden, petting all the furry creatures.
Chozon1 wrote: Losing your notepad can be problematic?
Indeed. We had that problem earlier today, in fact.