Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
MaxMap wrote:If you had to choose, would you pick a world without bacon or a world without chocolate?
Tough call! I think I'd have to choose the world without chocolate, though. Bacon is just too good to give up.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So how has the weather been in your area?

I ask because western Oregon/Washington have been having an unusually warm summer (contrasted with the hellscape that is Boston right now. They got more snow in 30 days than Anchorage, Alaska gets in a Winter), and I'm wondering if it's true east of the cascades.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
It's been unseasonably warm here, too. In fact, my dad recently celebrated his birthday by going to a lake just north of Spokane and kayaking. In the middle of February. The lake is usually frozen over this time of year, to the point it's not unusual to go ice skating.

It makes me wonder how things are going to be this summer. With little snow pack, I have a feeling it's going to be a dry one....
billybobbie
Noob
Noob
i just wona say i love lizards <3 cool nice bud
billybobbie
Noob
Noob
favourite sport?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
billybobbie wrote:i just wona say i love lizards <3 cool nice bud
Lizards are fun little critters, aren't they?
billybobbie wrote:favourite sport?
I'm not much of a sports fan, but if I had to choose, it would be the biathlon. Either that or chess boxing.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Planet Hulk is on Netflix, I think.

Plaster of Paris uses?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Plaster of Paris uses?
In this one adventure game I'm going through right now, you can get some and use it to solve one puzzle. You'll have some left over, and can take it around and show other people in the game, who seem thoroughly unimpressed with your find.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It's so much fun though. <3 I had no idea how useful the stuff is.

I need your opinion. When using dice for RPG flavored games, are you bothered when you have to constantly roll more than one type?

IE: You need to roll a d10 for one thing, then immediately are required to roll a d20 for another?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: I need your opinion. When using dice for RPG flavored games, are you bothered when you have to constantly roll more than one type?

IE: You need to roll a d10 for one thing, then immediately are required to roll a d20 for another?
It depends on the game system. For example, in D&D, you typically have to roll one die - a d20 - to see if you can hit your opponent. If you do, you then roll a different die to determine how much damage that opponent takes.

But it's easy to go overboard with that. For example, I've seem some expanded combat matrices for D&D that supposedly make the game "more realistic." You roll a d20 to hit. If you hit, you roll a d8 (or something, I don't remember precisely) to see what body part was hit. You roll for damage. Then you roll another die - which varies depending on the chart - to see what additional effects, if any, striking that body part for that amount of damage does. For example, hitting an arm might range from numbing it if the damage is low, to severing it if the damage is high. Those with lucky enough rolls could have the ability to cut someone's head off with a thrown club. :? Like I said, it was an attempt to make combat more realistic. Whether or not it was successful is dubious.

So it's easy to go overboard with too many dice. Then it becomes less of an RPG, and more of an expanded, complicated version of Yahtzee.

On the flip side, I've seen some quite successful and fun RPGs that only use one type of die. Several d10s were needed for the Street Fighter RPG (and, presumably, other White Wolf Storytelling games), and the board game/RPG lite Dungeon! game uses only stylized d6s.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Pokémon?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Pokémon?
The cartoon was OK, but I never could really understand the card game.

That being said, though, I did thoroughly enjoy the original games on my GameBoy (Pokemon Blue). That's been the only Pokemon game I've played, but I did think it was a fun way to introduce young gamers to the whole concept of CRPGs.

And I like my Squirtle. I named him Bubbles.
Emwok
CCGR addict
I've found that water starters usually work really well because most of the npcs you'll meet have Pokémon that are weak to water. Squirtle is a great starter.

Licorice soda?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:I've found that water starters usually work really well because most of the npcs you'll meet have Pokémon that are weak to water. Squirtle is a great starter.
Actually, I originally picked Squirtle because I thought he was the cutest. :lol:
Emwok wrote:Licorice soda?
Ew! Actually, I'm not terribly fond of anything licorice flavored. Yes, that includes black licorice itself....
Emwok
CCGR addict
We went to a store called Rocket Fizz yesterday and someone saw that kind of soda. I like licorice, but I don't know if I'd like to try that soda.

Ninjas or pirates?
Spoiler: