Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Sstavix wrote:I know I risk losing a bunch of my English major / nerd cred with this... but I actually didn't like the books. I had read them years and years ago - back when I was still in grade school, actually - and I found them pretty dull. The portions of the books that focused on Gandalf and Aragorn and everyone else I found boring and I even skipped great portions of the book, simply because I thought they were irrelevant filler. The most important parts were Frodo taking the ring to Mt. Doom to destroy it - so who cares what everyone else was doing? As a result, a bunch of the things in the movie were new to me, simply because I hadn't read them before.

I've sometimes thought I should go back and reread those novels now that I'm older, but I haven't found the time yet.
Egads, sir!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
ArchAngel wrote:Egads, sir!
Yes, I know... and English major who isn't fond of Tolkien? Blasphemous! Unheard of! Sacrilege!

Of course, also keep in mind that I'm not that fond of Shakespeare, either. But I would be foolish to discount either one's contributions to the written word.
Jorgmeisterwork
Sstavix wrote:
Emwok wrote: ^ This. I have sort of stopped reading the LOTR trilogy because of this. The movies are ok but the books I think are very dull. I liked reading the Hobbit though.
I actually found that video somewhat dull, I'm sorry to say. I'm not sure what the point was....
The point was to make you pay for 3 cinema tickets instead of 1 ;) "The hobbit- an unexpected (long) journey" :P
HankTheCowdog
How do you feel about Koala-bears?

God's Not Dead!
Emwok
CCGR addict
The idea that a mirror is a portal to another world?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Jorgmeisterwork wrote:
Sstavix wrote:
Emwok wrote: ^ This. I have sort of stopped reading the LOTR trilogy because of this. The movies are ok but the books I think are very dull. I liked reading the Hobbit though.
I actually found that video somewhat dull, I'm sorry to say. I'm not sure what the point was....
The point was to make you pay for 3 cinema tickets instead of 1 ;) "The hobbit- an unexpected (long) journey" :P
I actually referred to the "dancing dreugh" video that Emwok posted, but you bring up a valid point. Why did they see the need to stretch out that movie into three films by adding a bunch of stuff? Oh yeah, just to make money. Meanwhile, for those of us patient enough to wait for it to show up on Netflix.... :wink:
HankTheCowdog wrote:How do you feel about Koala-bears?
Badgers of the skies! Don't let their cuddly appearance fool you - beneath every furry hide beats the heart of a bloodthirsty maniac.

And he's watching YOU right now....
Emwok wrote:The idea that a mirror is a portal to another world?
What I have to wonder is if I can fire a portal gun through the mirror in order to step through into it....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
"Discard the Bard". It's a movement I'm starting.

Unexpected power outages?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:"Discard the Bard". It's a movement I'm starting.
If you're referring to a D&D campaign, that could be bad. After all, they can be amazingly versatile, not to mention typically the most charismatic member of the group. In other words, when it comes to the talking parts, let the bard take the lead.

If you're referring to William Shakespeare, I am inclined to agree with you. Unless you're an English or theater student, there isn't much reason to have to suffer through his works. Especially his sonnets.
Chozon1 wrote:Unexpected power outages?
As odd as it sounds, you can expect to have at least one during the winter around here. Most of the time it doesn't last longer than a day, but it's been heard to last up to five days in this part of the country.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Oh, Shakespeare. Always. Never underestimate the bard in a D&D setting.

Unnecessary e's?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
Unnecessary e's?
Eeeek! Whye do ye seek t' creep me oute?!?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
British people.

Shovel Knight?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Shovel Knight?
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Sounds like it may be an entertaining homage to video games of the past, though.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Bryan Lee O'Malley?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:Bryan Lee O'Malley?
Who?

/looks it up

Ah, the creator of the Scott Pilgrim series. I've never read those books, nor have I seen the movie. So I don't know enough about O'Malley to really come up with an informed opinion.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's pretty awesome. I walked away from it (Shovel Knight) wishing it had 8 more levels. <3

Wal Mart's Layaway?