Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:01 am Interesting. So any terrain would need to be gridded out, right?

In your honest opinion, do you think it would be worth it (from a creative, GM standpoint) to try and make semi-modular terrain, or just figure something else out?
Right, because the D&D rules have been based on a grid system since 3rd Edition.

I don't think it's worth it, honestly, unless somehow you KNOW that particular piece of terrain is going to get used a lot... and that's very rare in D&D. One of the things about D&D is that you go into a wide variety of settings and environments, and they'll be different every time. Even the super-modular sets like the Dwarven Forge stuff is only useful to a point, because the reality of how a dungeon is laid out can be really hard to simulate even when you have physical modules that are only 4 grid squares by 4 grid squares. My son has a DF set and he tried to use it a coupe times as a DM and got frustrated because there just weren't enough of the right pieces to accurately model the dungeons he was designing... which meant he either had to constrain his designs to what he could model with the DF set, or switch to something else entirely. So far, nothing has beaten the vinyl mat solution.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Starfire11
What do you do with 60+ paper origami butterflies that are a bit bigger than a quarter? I am stumped..

-starfire11
amberchick
Location: In the shadows of shadows........ the shadows in SA, Texas
ArcticFox wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 pm
amberchick wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:13 pm *randomly joins conversation*

Hey, my dad loves Dickie's! Dunno if he's ever had the grilled chicken tho.
I just drove 12 miles to one the other day to get lunch for my family, and it was closed down. Epic sadness... Now there's none reasonably close to my house, if any are left at all...
The one really close to us closed a couple weeks ago too . . . :(
My name? I am.... THE CRAZY WEATHERMAN!!! The coolest weatherman out there...... 8)
I hide in the shadows of shadows...... 8) wait, how do you hear me? :silent:

Benjamen shot himself in the head-
http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24302

To donate to Benjamen's cause-
http://www.gofundme.com/x57d8c
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I ended up going with a tiny undead legion instead. Painted them up for him. They look nice. Still, I would've loved to come up with some sort of modular terrain system that he would get a lot of use out of...to dream, I suppose.

Is it impolite to say "I only said 'no' because 'die in a fire' wasn't an option"?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Starfire11 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:25 am What do you do with 60+ paper origami butterflies that are a bit bigger than a quarter? I am stumped..

-starfire11
You glue them to a piece of poster board like they're all flying together in a swarm, and draw a colorful background. Then you frame it and hang it on the wall. :D
amberchick wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:41 pm The one really close to us closed a couple weeks ago too . . . :(
I feel your pain. :(
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:09 am I ended up going with a tiny undead legion instead. Painted them up for him. They look nice. Still, I would've loved to come up with some sort of modular terrain system that he would get a lot of use out of...to dream, I suppose.

Is it impolite to say "I only said 'no' because 'die in a fire' wasn't an option"?
Probably, though that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't say it :mrgreen:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I want it on a T-shirt actually. And then I want several T-shirts of it made. It's just a great saying. <3

Speed painting with inks and drybrushes?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
It's the only way to get through a zombie horde... Ask me how I know...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
How do you know? XD

I painted a tiny undead squad of 8 models that way. I completed them in one night. :O I'm chewing ideas up in my head as to how I can do this with every paint job ever. >_>
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 am How do you know? XD

I painted a tiny undead squad of 8 models that way. I completed them in one night. :O I'm chewing ideas up in my head as to how I can do this with every paint job ever. >_>
I'll post a pic when it's done... I'm working on a legion size unit of zombies for Kings of War.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nice. XD I can't do hordes...much as I like horde armies, the idea of that much painting makes me cringe.

Swords welded to chains just don't seem very effective as a weapon?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:50 am Swords welded to chains just don't seem very effective as a weapon?
No, not to anybody older than 15...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah...no comment. >_> I'm still trying to figure out how to make it an effective idea, but I can't come up with anything that isn't stupid. So far.

When the conversation is so dumb, it would literally be more intelligent to get up and dance away?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:27 am When the conversation is so dumb, it would literally be more intelligent to get up and dance away?
Would "walking away struggling not to laugh" count?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Maybe. To be fair, that could be any conversation with a college student.

When there is no peas?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:24 am When there is no peas?
There, joy can be found.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens