Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Thanks!

Well, in the 40K fluff the Imperial Fists were the Legion that the Black Templars Chapter came from, so that's the reason for that insignia. My wife plays Sisters of Battle and we often team up so I put the fleur on the banner to represent that alliance. Lastly, when I played 40k like 15 years ago, I played Ultramarines and many of those old marines got re-painted as Black Templars, so I came up with the Ultramarines symbol as a nod to that and I created an in-universe story to explain it.

Essentially that the XVI Crusade came to the aid of a small company of Ultramarines that were about to be overrun by Chaos Demons. The marines of the two chapters fought side by side and forged such strong bonds of brotherhood that the Ultramarines were invited, and given special dispensation, to join the XVI Crusade as new Black Templars.

I really do need to finish that banner and the article, though...
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sweet deals. ^_^ That's awesome.

Why repaint the Ultramarines?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Because the Codex books were different... The Ultramarines rules are in the "generic" Space Marine book but the Black Templars have their own Codex. The way the army works is a little different so if I wanted to have just one, unified Black Templars army, they all needed to be the same.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I meant why not keep the Ultramarines...they sound cool. XD Then, I don't have the codex so maybe not.

I did, however, drive by the local gaming store (not the Games Workshop factory. Another one) today. But they were closed. :D

Apocalypse armies?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:I meant why not keep the Ultramarines...they sound cool. XD Then, I don't have the codex so maybe not.
They're cool and all, but what drew me to the Black Templars was that they have a cooler name, and from what I can tell, they're the only official Space Marine Chapter whose insignia comes directly from symbolism representing Jesus Christ.
Chozon1 wrote: I did, however, drive by the local gaming store (not the Games Workshop factory. Another one) today. But they were closed. :D
Yeah for some weird reason Monday seems to be a common day those places close...
Chozon1 wrote: Apocalypse armies?
Meh. I have the ability to field an Apocalypse sized force (I have about 3,500 points' worth of Black Templars) but I don't find the game to be that enjoyable at such large scales.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nice. XD I do like the name.

I had wondered if it was just because it was Halloween...But, come to think of it, the sign said they were closed Sundays and Mondays. -_- Odd. But the place is located behind a Cappan D's and a (soon to be) Dairy Queen. So it's all gewd. :D

Are there team battles (Like two generals vs two generals of differing armies)?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Yepper, although there are sometimes restrictions, like in Fantasy if you ally The Empire with High Elves, they co-operate very well and can intermix benefits to an extent. On the other hand, if you're playing Chaos Warriors and you're teaming up with a Bretonnian player, there are a lot of restrictions and limits to how well the armies co-operate.

In 40K, there's usually no formal restrictions although some armies have their own quirks, like Black Templars absolutely will not ally with anyone that has psychic powers, except Grey Knights.

Of course, in friendly games you can always ignore restrictions like that if they get in the way of the fun. :)
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nice. XD

Do painted figures sell for more than unpainted ones? O_o
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
If they're painted reasonably well, yes. If they're painted badly and would need to be stripped... not so much... :?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Browsing on Ebay the other day and was rather shocked. XD

Hmm...I dunno what else to ask tabletop strategy wise...

Does Mountain Dew apply?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
It definitely helps to get one through the long games...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I thought that was broccoli?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
No that just makes you fart.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
And broccoli farts are nasty.

Fart bombing?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
That only escalates the war...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens