Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
A 5- gallon Home Depot bucket, plenty of sugar and plenty of salt. Brine that turkey. DO IT.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Hey, a fellow briner! XD We seem to be few and far between. It's the only way to eat turkey. I also smoked ours this year. <3

Familial problems could readily be solved with a giant plastic baseball bat and honest conversation?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:21 am Hey, a fellow briner! XD We seem to be few and far between. It's the only way to eat turkey. I also smoked ours this year. <3

Familial problems could readily be solved with a giant plastic baseball bat and honest conversation?
Heh I had to emergency smoke one this year because the oven was being wonky. Man that was yummy...

My family problems come in two flavors:

-The kind that can be solved with honest conversation and a pizza
-The kind that can only be solved with an aluminum baseball bat and a plea agreement.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Yeah, I got no complaints.

And don't tempt me. >_> I'm about to tell some people in my familial circle to go suck lemons and have a Merry Christmas far away from me.

It's hard, because they can only bug me because I love them.

Christmas times prep? XD
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
grrrrrrrr
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
But it's the most wonderful time of the year. <3 I spent half an hour earlier today getting our Christmas stuff out of storage. And washing my santa hat.

Roller skating down an angled building?
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 am
Roller skating down an angled building?
Erm...no. I'm too old and paranoid.
BlockHeadLewie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 pm Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
French Toast --> Waffles --> Pancakes.

And I make my own. Always.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
So I am the proud owner of a brand new Tyranid army, in the realm of 500 points. ^_^ I'd like to paint them with this stuff. Any experience with it? The goal is to make it look like they've gotten a lot of their evolutions/biomass from bioluminescent creatures.

I have a decent amount of experience with vallejo paint, and I like it. Just never used the neon stuff, and I'm kind of ...uncertain.

At the least, it'd be awesome for highlighting purposes.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:18 am So I am the proud owner of a brand new Tyranid army, in the realm of 500 points. ^_^ I'd like to paint them with this stuff. Any experience with it? The goal is to make it look like they've gotten a lot of their evolutions/biomass from bioluminescent creatures.

I have a decent amount of experience with vallejo paint, and I like it. Just never used the neon stuff, and I'm kind of ...uncertain.

At the least, it'd be awesome for highlighting purposes.
Gratz!

And it sounds like they'll look awesome.

The Vallejo flourescent paint works great BUT you have to undercoat it with White, or it won't look bright the way you want.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cool. ^_^ I ended up not getting it due to price (no place local carries it, and with my other hobby supplies I couldn't afford Amazon's pricing), and instead went with a pearlescent blue from Testors. I'm hoping their acrylics are as good as their enamels. Won't be quite the same effect, but it'll show up better without a black light, so it's a trade off.

How accurate do I need to be as far as model builds go? I'm magnetizing the arms, tail, and mouth pieces for my Trygon so I can use it as a Trygon/Prime, or Mawloc, but I've been getting a little fancy with the other bits. I don't like the normal 'Trygon' chest piece, and I haven't made up my mind about the head cap.

But I also don't want to get fussed at for having a not entirely WYSIWYG model. -_-

Also, 40K models are ridiculously fun to assemble. :O Not hating on Warmachine, but these are legit models that need to be assembled. <3
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your most favorite food? Why?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 am How accurate do I need to be as far as model builds go? I'm magnetizing the arms, tail, and mouth pieces for my Trygon so I can use it as a Trygon/Prime, or Mawloc, but I've been getting a little fancy with the other bits. I don't like the normal 'Trygon' chest piece, and I haven't made up my mind about the head cap.

But I also don't want to get fussed at for having a not entirely WYSIWYG model. -_-

Also, 40K models are ridiculously fun to assemble. :O Not hating on Warmachine, but these are legit models that need to be assembled. <3
Sorry to take so long to reply to this...

It really depends on your opponent. Most people don't really obsess over WYSIWYG and as long as you make it clear what the model is and what it's representing in terms of options, you won't have a problem. Tournaments tend to be more strict, of course.

And yeah, GW has always led the way in sheer model quality.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am What is your most favorite food? Why?
It depends on my mood. I tend to stay away form my favorite foods so that I won't get tired of them, but my all time favorite dinner is steak & lobster with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Why? Because I love savory flavors and those are some of the best.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Batch painting nightmares?

Honestly, much as I enjoy painting, I'm pretty much done after about ten models. XD I have no idea how you painted a Bretonnian fantasy army. O_o