Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
They also have prowl, so they get stealth when in concealment. I really need something that can pop smoke...or a table with lots of trees.

Egg roll sauce: sweet, sour, or tangy?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Tangy. All day.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So on the offchance you build desktop applications in Java (Or God forbid, applets), what UI framework do you use? I've used both Swing and JavaFX, both of which served the purpose well. I do think that, as purely UI frameworks, they're a bit lacking, but I can't get everything. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Narrative campaigns which involve Space Marines deep striking onto an Orc Bomba?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:So on the offchance you build desktop applications in Java (Or God forbid, applets), what UI framework do you use? I've used both Swing and JavaFX, both of which served the purpose well. I do think that, as purely UI frameworks, they're a bit lacking, but I can't get everything. :P
On the rare occasion that I write an app that isn't a web app, it's a console app. I can't remember the last time I wrote a desktop app with a UI in Java... I think the last one was in C#.
Chozon1 wrote:Narrative campaigns which involve Space Marines deep striking onto an Orc Bomba?
I squee for narrative campaigns.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wet palettes?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
All day long. I made mine from the foam insert from a Malifaux box set and the plastic trays from a Warhammer model.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you a thoughtful guy? Idk if you get the reference or not but I know someone else will get it.
Spoiler:

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Hmmmm not getting the reference... It might be familiar, but I'm not sure...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I actually haven't seen too much gain from my wet palette...must be doing it wrong. XD

Practice games against cardboard models (so I can play with someone who has no army)?
Emwok
CCGR addict
Here's the reference. KLegoFan, please don't watch until you have answered my question.
Spoiler:
Tobuscus?
Spoiler:

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:I actually haven't seen too much gain from my wet palette...must be doing it wrong. XD

Practice games against cardboard models (so I can play with someone who has no army)?
It's done all the time. Why not? Warmachine is better suited to that than most, because line of sight to a model is defined by a cylinder of specific height, and not by the model itself.

Emwok wrote: Tobuscus?
Towhatscus?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I've been thinking that something like this might be good for a game room setup. What are your thoughts?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
That is AWESOME.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Being the only person who knows the rules? *_*

Also, Wasteland 2?