Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm getting that way. I've found that you can actually function better if you don't have exhaustion gnawing at you.

Kombucha?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
None for me. If it's a kind of tea, I can't have it.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArcticFox wrote:None for me. If it's a kind of tea, I can't have it.
That's up for interpretation. Black and green teas, sure. But there tends to be an exception among some members for herbal and medicinal teas. It depends on where the spirit leads you, of course....

That being said, it's possible to use kombucha (which is actually a type of fermented yeast) without having it in a tea. In fact, my wife used to have some cultures of it in milk in the refrigerator. If you want to know more about it, let me know and I can see if my wife can find some links.

But personally... I don't like the stuff, either. ;)

I suppose I should ask a question... so how's life treating you?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I knew there were some exceptions when it came to tea in terms of the Word of Wisdom, but I didn't want to get into it because my information isn't all that reliable when it comes to that. I seem to remember a missionary telling me that herbal teas and brown leaf teas were okay but not green or black... Meh I dunno. If I were going to drink it at all it would be Chinese tea which is herbal, IIRC.

Life's treating me fairly well... steady course and all that. Can't really complain.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
First off I always glance about forums before I start getting, well, too involved. Some threads catch my eye (mentality, persona, spirit, identity, whatever) and others are just read and placed into history.
So now that I've done so a bit, I pose this question:
What topics catch YOUR eye via, well, mentality, persona...
???
8)

(Oh and yes, this question DOES look familiar to some, huh? Call it member curiosity, if you please?)
:wink:
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It's a terrible idea to let Youtube playlists run whilst you sleep?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So that Tea conversation has me curious. What is it about Tea that makes it...discouraged (I guess? Not sure what the proper term is here)? I believe I was told that Coffee is frowned upon because it has caffeine or something. But if it was just caffeine, then would decaff be acceptable?

Please inform me so I may not live in ignorance! lol
Eagle Eyes
VIP Member
VIP Member
If you had to choose between two dolls, which one would you take?

Barbie

or

Maryellen Doll
Never judge a book by it's cover
and don't underestimate them either.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote:First off I always glance about forums before I start getting, well, too involved. Some threads catch my eye (mentality, persona, spirit, identity, whatever) and others are just read and placed into history.
So now that I've done so a bit, I pose this question:
What topics catch YOUR eye via, well, mentality, persona...
???
8)

(Oh and yes, this question DOES look familiar to some, huh? Call it member curiosity, if you please?)
:wink:
Generally I like topics where I can exchange ideas with people who see things differently from me. I like debate not because I want to change minds, but because I benefit from having my own views challenged, and it lets me see how others see things.
Chozon1 wrote:It's a terrible idea to let Youtube playlists run whilst you sleep?
Depends on the playlist.... maybe.... I mean, falling asleep to the playlist of the Mass Effect soundtrack is pretty close to awesome.
Deepfreeze32 wrote:So that Tea conversation has me curious. What is it about Tea that makes it...discouraged (I guess? Not sure what the proper term is here)? I believe I was told that Coffee is frowned upon because it has caffeine or something. But if it was just caffeine, then would decaff be acceptable?

Please inform me so I may not live in ignorance! lol
Yeah there isn't really a specific thing, like caffeine, to account for it. Members are not barred from drinking Pepsi or eating chocolate, so it isn't about the caffeine. The relevant Scripture passage is Doctrine & Covenants 89:5-18

5 That inasmuch as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.
6 And, behold, this should be wine, yea, pure wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.
7 And, again, strong drinks are not for the belly, but for the washing of your bodies.
8 And again, tobacco is not for the body, neither for the belly, and is not good for man, but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.
9 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.
10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—
11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.
12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
14 All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;
15 And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.
16 All grain is good for the food of man; as also the fruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—
17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.
18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;

There's a lot of room for interpretation there, as you can see, which is why the Prophet occasionally has to answer members' questions about what counts and what doesn't.
Eagle Eyes wrote:If you had to choose between two dolls, which one would you take?

Barbie

or

Maryellen Doll
Well, the only reason for me to take either would be to give it to my daughter, so I'd take Maryellen I guess. Barbie creates an unrealistic body image and, IMHO, can be damaging.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Salamanders?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
With cheese, please
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
So you want them played in the Gladius Strike Force?
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
3D printed tabletop figures?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:So you want them played in the Gladius Strike Force?
Haha broken, is it?
ChickenSoup wrote:3D printed tabletop figures?
I have a few, and they're decent. Detail isn't super awesome but they get the job done. There's a lot of speculation that in the future, companies like Games Workshop will sell minis by letting you download the file to be printed on a hope 3D printer. The hurdle they have to get over is figuring out how to stop someone from making zillions of them and selling them for cheap.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
There's definitely a learning curve and a need for a good printer for smaller figures...

Not sure if you've seen it, but this guy made a bunch of them and some are DEFINITELY better than others. See his "black dragon" for his first ever one... his later ones are vastly improved.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested