Ask JO(J650s)!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote:I don't like dried coconut, but I love fresh coconut and coconut water. It's delicious. <3
I'll have to try some fresh coconut then. ^-^
Chozon1 wrote:Water fountains on your desk?
I... would love that honestly.
The look and sounds of water fountains are truly wonderful.
BlockHeadLewie wrote:What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
That's a good question, miscommunication and misunderstanding is unfortunately very common for how big the problems it can make.

As for how I handle it... It depends on the situation.

If I notice it in a discussion I am having with someone, I will say something like: "Wait... I am confused, do you mind clarifying that?"
Or alternately I will say (or follow up with) "So... are you saying 'etc etc etc?' or did I completely mis-interpret that?"
Usually I will also add a proper emote at the end of those to lighten the mood if the discussion got slightly heated.
Once it's clear to me I would continue the discussion with "Ah, I see now" or "Ah, I understand what you are saying.",
and if we happen to actually both be agreeing on the same thing, I will apologize for completely reading his post wrong. XD

If I see two people having a heated discussion and I see a possible misunderstanding I try to clear it up kinda like this:
"I think there might be a misunderstanding, I am pretty sure Ted meant to say 'etc etc', at least that's what it seems like, correct me if I am wrong."

If I misread something and say something misleading in context, I would normal say something like. "Oh, I thought Ted said 'etc etc' XD"

If I say something that's misleading I would say. "Ah! I completely said that wrong! I was meaning to say 'etc etc', sorry for the miscommunication."

That's the general idea, though I am always trying to refine my choice of words to give out the right tone.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Hey, NaNoWriMo participation. ^_^ Want to share anything about your story?
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote:Hey, NaNoWriMo participation. ^_^ Want to share anything about your story?
I am excited to be participating. :)

I am actually not yet sure how to explain it in a short or clear way. (Which is probably why my first chapter is a mess) XD
As for world setting though, it does take quite a bit of inspiration from Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Well, don't get discouraged. ^_^ Just keep pushing onwards. Once you have the whole of a novel, you can go back and change it as you want. That sounds really interesting though.

Thanksgiving?