Beseech thy lord

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Not at all. For some of the beers I enjoyed in the bombers that have the lables printed directly on as opposed to stickers, I plan on having them cut into a set of glasses.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Have you ever developed apps for Windows phone? If so, does it use the same Visual Studio IDE or do you use something different?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I haven't, but you can do it through Visual Studio Ultimate/Pro/Community and there is a Visual Studio Express for Mobile, too. (this is for Visual Studio 2013, I don't recall how the previous versions do it)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I've just recently started a course in development for Android and I'm curious to see how they parallel.

How goes your D&D campaign?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Sweet! What are you using for Android development and how do you like it?

My D&D campaign is on hiatus. Feel as if I need more experience as a player.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I'm using an Android Studio IDE from Google. The class is using Eclipse with the Android stuff added in, but I wanted to use the Google one to try it out.

More experience as a player always helps. Are you playing in a game?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nope. Don't have a whole lot of friends who can DM. Trying to convince a coworker to get a game started, and, of course, I wait with bated breath for your and Fathom's campaigns.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Drink much shine?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Not much. I've had some "commericial moonshine," but that was 80-100 proof at best.
Did have some that was distilled by a friend's grandfather, which definitely had a bigger kick that your standard. Up there with 151. Maybe even more.

The strongest an alcohol felt/tasted would be Stroh, a 160 proof rum. First time I had it, I took shots with 2 other friends. One writhing and the other immediately threw up. I stood there, nodding my head and keeping the burn in check. It burns the throat for a good minute. I felt a good deal stronger than 151 and along with some everclear that was clearly higher.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Nope. Don't have a whole lot of friends who can DM. Trying to convince a coworker to get a game started, and, of course, I wait with bated breath for your and Fathom's campaigns.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
ArcticFox wrote:I'm using an Android Studio IDE from Google. The class is using Eclipse with the Android stuff added in, but I wanted to use the Google one to try it out.
Having used both, I think I can safely say that the Android Studio IDE is kilometers ahead of Eclipse ADT. Eclipse has always been a slow application for me, and the Android tools make it nigh unusable.

Thoughts on this month's loot crate? I thought it was ok, but I'm hoping the next one is better.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I liked it. Might put it as better than average, but of course, most of that depends on your own tastes. Best was still the Galactic box.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
What scientific developments in the last 5-10 years make you the most excited, and why is it space exploration?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Haha, love how you answered your first question with your second. Glad you did, because stuff in my head is pretty loosely chronologically bound.

Yeah, as far as science goes it's Space, followed by Quantum and Theoretical Physics.

I've wondered by space takes up interest. Is it some latent desire for fatherly respect and attention? I don't know, maybe? That primal urge for humans to explore? Some subconscious urge for something more than just this life? A hope for the future?
You know that call you feel when you stare up at the night sky?

Or shoot, maybe I just want a spaceship.

All I know is, we spend an inordinately small amount of resources on this. And all those people who think we should "fix our problems on earth first" or "we'd just ruin space, too" can **** off.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.