NaNoWriMo is coming!

Let your creative side be seen by others. Share your writings, visual arts, created music, and anything else here. Also the place for forum-based role playing.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm seriously considering participating in National Novel Writing Month this year! It's been three years since I've participated - a chaotic, confusing three years, with many life changes. But I'm going to give it a shot! Now I just need to decide what I'm going to write about....

I know a coupe people were discussing it on the Discord server earlier today. Is anyone else going to participate this year? Let's be writing buddies and cheer each other on!
J.K. Riki
Heck yeah! I am also trying to convince a friend and my wife to join me in the attempt. It will be my fifth or sixth NaNo, I believe, but I lost count. What's your name over there, we'll buddy up!

I am JK Riki there as well.

This is the first time I have done NaNo with ANY kind of plan before November 1st. My novel is loosely inspired by the song Runnin' by Relient K. It will have heavy Christian themes.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Sent you a buddy invite. :)

I typically go in with a rough idea about what I want to write about, as well as a few scenes in my head. A good portion of my writing consists of connecting the scenes. I find it helpful to ask "and then what happened?" after writing a particular scene - it helps to get the disjointed images together into a coherent narrative.
kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
Hey, I have intentions of joining too!

Is it okay if I use NaNoWriMo to add on to a story I've already been writing?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I don't see why not! I wrote the second half of a novel for one of my NaNos.
kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
sweet beans! that's what i was gonna do anyway!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Sounds good, kittycathead!

How is everyone doing so far? It's day 3 and I'm going at a pretty good pace.
J.K. Riki
I got a great start on Day 1, but yesterday I spent my time writing a sermon for today (important distraction, ha ha!) and also attending a friend's party for some fellowship time. So now for Day 3 I have catching up to do, but some friends are coming over and we're having an in-house write-in shortly, so I will catch up quickly hopefully.
kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
I'm doing okay, I managed to get some writing in for all three days

not much, but some
J.K. Riki
kittycathead wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:37 pm I'm doing okay, I managed to get some writing in for all three days

not much, but some
Hey, every bit counts! :) Good job keeping at it. I'm going to try to get my 1600 words in after dinner today, but I still need to catch up to be at the normal average. Likely won't happen today though, ha ha.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
How is everyone doing now, on day 13?

I'm at almost 22,000 words, but it's really turning into a slog now. I've decided to write something more contemporary (instead of sci-fi or fantasy, like I have in the past) and I'm just not feeling it like I have in previous NaNos. I find my characters to be fairly dull, the plot is plodding, and I think this book might just be a dud. I'm half tempted to have aliens come down and start killing off my characters, just to try and make it more interesting (and then I can write from the aliens' perspective, instead). I'm going to try and keep going, though - I want to at least get to the end, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stretch it out to 50,000 words.
kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
I'm closer to 5,000 new words lol

I write pretty much every day, just not very much XD
J.K. Riki
I'm failing pretty hard this year, lol.

The new website and how disjointed it is has really affected me more than I expected. Also I've been dealing with headaches and dizziness for the past few weeks, and that doesn't help. But no excuses, if I want to get this done I just have to make it happen.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I'm done. I usually can tough it out, but not this year. I'm thinking of writing a one-page conclusion to kill off my main character and describe what happens to the others, then I'm putting this book to rest.

Maybe someday I'll revisit this idea, but not now. I'm just not feeling it any more.

If anyone wants to try and read it, let me know! :roll: