Bioshock Infinite

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Alright, I know a number of us is playing this game. Who else has their mind completely blown with this game?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Quoting my post from this thread.
Bioshock Infinite

just just

my mind

just

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I didn't expect that twist...still trying to figure how they both could be there in the end with the swap...trying to be vague to not give away spoilers.
delve
<sigh> I guess I should save up for this one instead of waiting for the inevitable price dump.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Try not to give too many spoilers, Cheryl... haven't finished it quite yet. :P

My thouthts, exactly, Krytae. Last night I was laying in bed following some of the story lines and realized how well they integrated a complex story, dynamic characters, symbolism and historical theming and iconography with some fantastic gameplay.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I was being careful..you'll hopefully understand when you beat it :)
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm pretty sure I'm almost done, so I hope to be understanding it. We might need to make prodigious use of the spoiler tags.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Pheonix
Forum Moderator
ccgr wrote:I didn't expect that twist...still trying to figure how they both could be there in the end with the swap...trying to be vague to not give away spoilers.
EXTRA SPOILER WARNING. FURSRS MAJOR SPOILERS INSIDE THE SPOILER BOX

DON'T OPEN IT UNLESS YOU BEAT THE GAME.

Spoiler:
Alright so, obviously Booker Dewitt is offered the chance for baptism after the Battle of Wounded Knee. If he takes the baptism, he becomes Comstock, and if he refuses he remains Booker Dewitt who becomes a drunken gambler type. Comstock meets Lutece, and he begins to aid them with their research. When they first jump dimensions, Comstock takes adversely to the jumps, and ages faster and becomes sterile. He wants to have a kid though, so he jumps timelines and goes into a timeline where Booker refused the baptism but had Anna. Because he still feels guilty, Comstock presents the idea of him absolving him for bringing the girl. Hence "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt" (Not super sure on this part, slight speculation). After he gives Lutece the girl, shown at the end, he becomes even more plagued with guilt, tries to get her back as Comstock leaves into another timestream, cutting Anna's pinky. So in reality, Booker lives alone until the events of Infinite, continues to fail in retrieving Elizabeth, and continues to choose to die at the end, then reliving the events. Hence the part near the start with the coin flipping and why it landed Heads, the allusions to the "Will the circle be unbroken", etc
I probably butchered most of that, but hey, it's close(ish)
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
delve
Oh dear. I think the melee attack is just an excuse to try and one-up Dishonored ::sick::
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
delve wrote:Oh dear. I think the melee attack is just an excuse to try and one-up Dishonored ::sick::
I should have mentioned this in my review, but I think the melee attacks are very, very useless and almost feel unnecessary at times.

I'm comparing this to Bioshock where the wrench was actually a pretty hefty damage dealer and I would use it during most of the game.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Naw, dawg, I loved me some melee executions.

And I almost never used the wrench in bioshock. Like with bioshock 2 and Infinite, I could melee without switching weapons which made melee practical to me. It's not a main damage dealer, but it helps in a time situation.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

delve
I've only just begun, but the 1st level grunts can dispatched with a single, quick, melee takedown on medium. Granted this actually takes longer than shooting them and it's also dramatically gorier.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't played any of the earlier games in this line.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Later on, it'll be hard to kill with melee. But that's okay, because while they are on fire, I pop them with a carbine to the face.

And yeah, I played Infinite first. After I beat it, I installed 1 and 2 and am currently going through 2 now. They are really good and I highly recommend them, too.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

delve
Will have to add them to my list. Which is long enough to more than keep me busy if all I did was play games for the next year. >.>
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
delve wrote:Will have to add them to my list. Which is long enough to more than keep me busy if all I did was play games for the next year. >.>
The first Bioshock is a masterpiece. In my opinion, it's the best one in the trilogy. You're in for a treat if you ever have the chance to play it.