Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Wildebear
Are you human?: Yes!
So I got GRFS about 3 days ago, and it's something else.

I thoroughly enjoyed the modernization of the Splinter Cell series with SC Conviction, but to go from GRAW to GRFS in such a big leap seems a bit strange to me. Ghost Recon has always been about a semi-realistic FPS experience for me. Its gameplay was somewhat original and its plot was always intriguing. With that said, Future Soldier misses the whole point in my eyes. It was dumbed down more than reformed.

Moreover, they totally messed morality, portraying companies who fuel the world's resources as genocidal maniacs where these companies actually provide work and food for many of Africa's local populations. In many scenes and dialogues, they actually made it more of a race issue by putting Afrikaners in Nigeria with the role of killing and oppressing the locals. This may be true, but speaking in perspective, Afrikaner mercs actually go to Iraq and countries in North Africa, and they hardly get resources or time to be on the attacking side of the castle. It was a very quirky move.

Anyway, the voice-acting was awesome, so I'll forgive them for that.

I'm not going to lie, conviction was also dumbed down. You can't move bodies and a lot of elements were streamlined while the game itself got a faster pace. It didn't really affect its gameplay, because the developers adapted all these changes to the plot and maps.
FS on the other hand, feels clunky. The third person perspective for a GR game already makes it way different. It also has a very faster pace and more linear map designs. A lot of things, like squad management feel too simple and sometimes unnecessary in terms of the usage in different situations. GRAW 1 and GRAW 2 weren't really dynamic, like Arma, but they certainly presented the illusion that you were really playing the battlefield - instead of the battlefield playing you.

Last issue is the bugs. Though not frequent, I had to restart from a previous checkpoint for a few times. The path finding is especially a bit buggy, sometimes if you move to fast, you lose some of your AI buddies. This is problematic, because to do some things, you need the whole team in designated positions. So if anyone is stuck somewhere and the team is already in position, you'll be waiting an eternity for that bug to dissolve.

Don't get me wrong, FS is still worth a try. Just like Conviction, the game is a lot easier than its predecessors. The streamlining actually allowed the developers to create a more appealing multiplayer experience and the level of customization in guns is quite awesome.

Anyway, has anyone of you folks played this?
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
Wildebear

This review is awesome!
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
TinyTim_Xynova
Noob
Noob
I played this game and really enjoyed it. But I haven't played many GR games... but ya I enjoyed it!