Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
GoHabsGoQC
Noob
Noob
I would like to start by saying that I do not know in which category this game belongs but as it is described as a strategy card game I though this was the better fit. I have not seen any thread about this game but if I missed it please refer me to it and delete this thread. :)

As some of you may know Hearthstone is a card game developed by Blizzard. I was surprised not to find any thread dedicated it so I decided to make one myself to discuss anything related to the game.

I have been playing it since October when it still was in closed beta. It is now in open beta and I haven't played it in a while for school reasons but I still enjoy watching videos and tournaments and plan to get back into it this summer.

Some epic plays can be seen here to get a taste of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-RxHVA ... 6kKY843fgw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TDog9631
I played it right towards the end of closed beta. I thought, "hey, this is kinda fun!"
I then went on to lose EVERY SINGLE game I played for the next two weeks.
Then I gave up.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
GoHabsGoQC
Noob
Noob
Sorry, I was away for a long time because of studies and I did not feel like writing on a forum in the meantime lol.

To TDog9631: Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. It can be very frustrating sometimes. I actually went back to the game yesterday after a 2 months break and everything was going fine until I got my second or third loss. I'm now in a long losing streak but the trick is to find what it is that you're doing wrong and change it. For instance I know my deck is terrible because I made it in 2 minutes and I just got around to changing it a little bit. I put more cards that would allow me to draw and to get card advantage... I still lost the next game but it certainly was closer and little tweaks like that can get you further than you'd think!

Anyways, it's definitely not a game that is going to please everyone.
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I just got into it after watching a bunch of TotalBiscuit's videos. I wish it had a larger AI component, like HEX is gonna do.

Still, I've enjoyed it. Sunk $100 in it for packs. I need to play it more.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.