Fire Emblem question via facebook

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Fire Emblem series. Are there any gods or godesses involved? And if there is any black magic, is it strictly utilized by the antagonists or do the protagonists use it as well? (By the way, I have read the online review. I just want some specifics)
I haven't played them so any help would be appreciated
Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
Location: Someplace where you need either a yellow wristband or a leprechaun to get to
As far as I remember there are no gods or goddesses. But I haven't played them all, only 3.
For the dark magic, it is in the game, but the player does not have to use a character that can use it if they do not want to.
You could choose to use Paladins, Swordmasters, characters that use weapons not magic. Most of the time the endgame boss uses dark magic.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Yeah pretty much what Key said about the GBA games, (And Gamecube?)
I don't recall any mention of gods or goddesses,
I do recall that monk, priest, Cleric, and bishop characters follow saints, kinda like in a catholic kinda way. (I think.)
Yeah, and as far as black magic, you only get one character in both GBA games that can use it.
You do get quite a few characters that can use color/nature magic, but you can always not use them like Key said.
(There are plenty of weapon characters. ^-^)

Though, as for Fire Emblem: Awakening... (The 3DS Fire Emblem)
Well... quite a bit has changed...
Quite a few characters say "gods" as a swear word, (quite often to.)
so there is mention of quite a few gods, but only two are named:
there is an evil dragon called grima that some call a god,
and you also get a monk that believes in a goddess called naga. (naga is mentioned through out the game.)
Though as a little spoiler you do actually meet naga near the end of the game,
and kinda surprisingly this came up during the conversation,
Naga: ...But know this: I am no god.
Then after someone else says something,
Naga:
...I am no creator. I possess not the powers of making or unmaking. And neither does Grima. Neither of us bears the power to destroy the other utterly.
Though they are still called gods throughout the game. -.-'

As for black magic,
you get two characters, which you can use an item to switch their class to something non-black magic.
Though unlike the GBA black mages who use black magic from books, these black mages also use curses and hexes.
Only the book based black magic is used in battle,
but in their support conversations they pretty much mention them every time.
(Which is quite disturbing to say the least. :wtc: )
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell them all I said thanks!!! This helps a lot! Thank you for taking the time!!!
Odazz
Noob
Noob
I wouldn't suggest reviewing FE games as a whole because there's a huge divide in the fan base. If you do i recommend tredding carefully. Dark magic does exist in some of the games, mostly as enemies but you can have them join your team but you do not have to use them. In some cases you do not even have to recruit them and can instead defeat the unit on the map where you would be recruiting them (except in FE: Fates Conquest where some of the Royal units have Dark magic and you can't deny them joining your army). Gods are mentioned on and off through out the series, again depending on the game. In FE: Fates there is also a character that you talk to in a story mission that can "speak with the Gods" and receives prophesy or communications from them. Really the only way to know for sure is to either play them yourself or to watch a Let's Play on YouTube at 2x speed.