Civilization V multiplayer thread

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I'm in favor of speeding up, though I will probably get skipped a few times. I figure for most of this early game I'll be running things that just require me expending a turn (Waiting for building, research, etc) more than anything else. Hooray for India having penalties for more cities. :P
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, and I'm done. Submitted.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Well, Scotch hasn't done any turns yet, and I don't recall seeing him on the board recently. I'm not sure if he has been able to get online at all.

If we can, I'm up for moving the turn timer up to 1 day now. As for Scotch, we might have to drop him from the game altogether. It looks like he is not able to play at all.

So, for the three of us, there might be a way to streamline our turns even further, more than just 1 turn per day, but for each of us to take 1 turn in a day. If we can queue up an "expected timeframe" for a person to take their turn, each person can get atleast 1 turn in.
For an example, I'll be using PST time, since I'm in PST. Let's say I can take a turn reliably between 6 pm and 8 pm. If Syksy can take one in the area of 3pm to 5 pm (I don't know what timezone you're in), and Deep takes one between 9 pm and 11 pm, we can go through an entire round of turns, once a day. Now, we're not blazing fast, but at the same time, a turn isn't a huge commitment of time (and maybe a great breather between studying. I'm looking at you Deep :P I know you're busy). And it's not the worst thing if the schedule can't be held to. It's loose in design (maybe a 2-4 hour window, if possible) and if someone misses their time, it just sets us back a day (which is still a far sight better than 1 turn per day). I know it'll be easier to check if I had an idea when my turn will be coming up on a regular basis.

If we can work out timezones and available times, maybe we can come up with something that works for everyone.
I'm PST, as a I mentioned, and I probably can set aside time between 6 pm -11 pm PST)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I PM'd him and haven't seen him on in a while, I hope he's ok
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Deep, your turn.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry, I've been bogged down with school work lately. Have barely had time to think, let alone log into a game. I guess that's one skip for me. :/
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alright, done. Syksy, you're up.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
thread resurrection, I know, but has anyone played Brave New World yet? I'm curious about it :3
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Haven't picked it up yet, but I'll be grabbing it before my next game.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Haven't picked it up yet, but I'll be grabbing it before my next game.
I've been watching bits and pieces of multiplayer games on youtube and it looks preeeeetty good, and I've heard that it fleshes out the late-game in a way that makes it not quite so "make marginal changes, end turn" machine-y. Or at least, that's what I've read. I need to pick it up myself.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, I'm sort of waiting for a sale on it. I'm not in much of a rush, since I'm running campaigns on Sins of a Solar Empire, Fallen Enchantress, Alpha Centauri, and Empire: Total War, so I've been decently satisfied for now.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
What is Civilization 5 about? is it sort of like A.O.E.? I've never heard of it until now.
This is my signature
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Yeah, I'm sort of waiting for a sale on it. I'm not in much of a rush, since I'm running campaigns on Sins of a Solar Empire, Fallen Enchantress, Alpha Centauri, and Empire: Total War, so I've been decently satisfied for now.
I just started Empire again too! Trying a Dutch campaign.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
The Austrians were recommended to me for their infantry. What's cool about the dutch?
RedPlums wrote:What is Civilization 5 about? is it sort of like A.O.E.? I've never heard of it until now.
Civilization 5 is a turn based strategy game where you start with a small stone age group and build your nation throughout history by developing your cities, expanding your empire, conquering your neighbors, discovering new technologies, and other methods. It's a much longer game that Age of Empires and a bit more involved.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Hey C$,
I don't know how long this deal will last, but I picked up Brave New World for $12 on Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6832205069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It activates on Steam, just to be clear.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.