Age of Empires

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
AoE 2 HD is going out on Steam soon, with modernization updates and full steam integration (with mods, too). Looks like I'd be buying AoE 2 all over again.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
SirFerret
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I plan on getting the HD remake of the 2nd one. It comes out in April I think
Emwok
CCGR addict
How do you play multiplayer on 2 and/or 3? I have AOE 2: The Age of Kings, AOE 3, and AOE 3: The War Cheifs. As soon as I can find out how to set up a multiplayer game, I'd love to play with anyone of y'all who can play.
Spoiler:

Cold Blood
Noob
Noob
aoe hd is out on steam now played it a bit my bro bought it I thought it was cool to be able to play with your friends and I played a new quest which was awesome.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I wasn't so hot on the Steam re-release, considering I've got the Forgotten Empires mod, which does much of the same thing that the HD version does, and for free :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ChesterKhan
Noob
Noob
Emwok wrote:How do you play multiplayer on 2 and/or 3? I have AOE 2: The Age of Kings, AOE 3, and AOE 3: The War Cheifs. As soon as I can find out how to set up a multiplayer game, I'd love to play with anyone of y'all who can play.
You play multiplayer in AOE3 and TWC my clicking "multiplayer" and ESO. You log into ESO2, and you can play games with people... I think all over the world.

Both AOE2 and AOE3 can also be played in multiplayer using a program called GameRanger, which allows you to set up multiplayer games on supported games (AOE2/3 being two of them). Once you've set up the GameRanger and your account, just open a lobby; GameRanger'll take care of the rest.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Sounds good. I'll have to install my AOE games on this comp. I got a new one earlier this summer and I haven't put all my games on it yet.
Spoiler:

LAVA89
If you get AOE2 on Steam, they've now included a new in-game multiplayer lobby.
ChesterKhan
Noob
Noob
That, too. And it does look better so I'm told. I think I'll wait for the bugs to get worked out... and for the price to drop.
LAVA89
ChesterKhan wrote:That, too. And it does look better so I'm told. I think I'll wait for the bugs to get worked out... and for the price to drop.
Yeah, come Christmas sale, it will be like 5 bucks, haha. There's also a new expansion called "the Forgotten" that I'm waiting to drop as well.
ChesterKhan
Noob
Noob
LAVA89 wrote:
ChesterKhan wrote:That, too. And it does look better so I'm told. I think I'll wait for the bugs to get worked out... and for the price to drop.
Yeah, come Christmas sale, it will be like 5 bucks, haha. There's also a new expansion called "the Forgotten" that I'm waiting to drop as well.
OH YEAH, that's a good one. The AI is a might difficult to play against, but the new civs are well worth it.

(It was released as a mod for the original AOC, for free, if you have the time, initiative, and original game to check it out...)
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Oh this game is 75% off on Steam currently, and will be for 13 more hours.
I was quite tempted to get it myself, but I think I am going to hold off for now...
at least till it goes 75% off again later this month then I'll think about it again. XD
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
LAVA89
JOJ650s wrote:Oh this game is 75% off on Steam currently, and will be for 13 more hours.
I was quite tempted to get it myself, but I think I am going to hold off for now...
at least till it goes 75% off again later this month then I'll think about it again. XD
Ah ok yeah, for anyone else, its 75% for 5 bucks. Definitely worth it!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
LAVA89 wrote:
The Forgotten is ripped pretty much straight from a free mod called "Forgotten Empires."

I still have the original AoE II and the free Forgotten mod, and refuse to pay for the steam version >_>
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ChesterKhan
Noob
Noob
ChickenSoup wrote:
LAVA89 wrote:
The Forgotten is ripped pretty much straight from a free mod called "Forgotten Empires."

I still have the original AoE II and the free Forgotten mod, and refuse to pay for the steam version >_>
I might still buy AOE II HD and the Forgotten Empires ripoff - if the price comes down, just to see what "HD" looks like. (And because I'm curious what the multiplayer ladder is like on HD.)