Dawn of War

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
In light of the entire Dawn of War franchise being on sale for 75% off for this weekend on Steam, I wanted to ask the community what they thought of these games.

I'll be picking up at least Dawn of War 2, but am yet undecided on the 2 expansion packs. Being that Dawn of War 2: Retribution is a stand alone, I might just pick that up.
Thoughts?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Wildebear
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm a casual gamer when it comes to Dawn of War. Haven't spent a lot of time on it, but I can say that I was a bit disappointed with the original Dawn of War 2. DoW 1 wasn't exactly non-linear, but if offered a freely approachable campaign map - which DoW 2 doesn't offer.

I guess for someone new to DoW it would not be buzz-kill to play a linear title in the series. As long as the story intrigues you. Company of Heroes was a strictly linear story RTS(from the same developers) and it was perfect for me.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to take on Retribution, but I hear it's great.
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Interesting, never looked into Company of Heroes. I think I written it off as another military FPS and never check it out.

I picked Retribution from Steam, so I'll be trying it one of these days. New campaigns for each race, so the issue for plain DoW2 might not be relevant. Might.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Been playing DoW off and on for a while now, slowly working on the campaign. I like it a lot, especially the way Assault Marines blast everything around them when they jump in.

I always picture my Black Templars doing that when I'm playing tabletop Warhammer 40,000 :mrgreen:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
TDog9631
I realize this thread is pretty much dead and all, but I have DoW2: Retribution, and I found it quite fun. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks about it.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
Whatshisface
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Not likely
TDog9631 wrote:I realize this thread is pretty much dead and all, but I have DoW2: Retribution, and I found it quite fun. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks about it.

I really enjoyed DoW2 and its expansions. I know a lot of folks hated the fact that DoW2 wasn't 4x like DoW, but I thought it was cool to have a more tactical focus. I felt that this allowed for a more "40k feel" to the game. I also think the Last Stand game mode is pretty cool.