Real Time Strategy or Turn Based?

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
cappyys
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I am a new member, but I do like RTS games...a lot more exciting.
blind illusion
Noob
Noob
A mix is always cool but RTS is funnest
TDog9631
I'm better at turn-based, but I like both. Although my strategy in RTS tends to be "amass massive army, swarm the enemy, blow everything up."
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
Redbobster
Noob
Noob
some may say that turned based is more strategic and requires more skill and therefore makes it more fun but there are a few RTS games out there that are really hard and need a strategy to win like supreme commander two and evolution RTS. I like RTS because its just more action and you have to think fast which adds more of a challenge.
Angrus
Noob
Noob
I quite like turn-based (ever since Ogre Battle 64 for the N64)... RTS are cool, but I always feel like I could have done more... whereas with a turn-based game, you have all the time you need to strategize your best possible strategy if you want.
sittingDUCK006
Noob
Noob
I like RTS but i also like turn based strategy. Depends on the game and friends im playing with.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I lean to turn based, but it depends on the game.

I like how Tower Defense games are a mix of RTS and TB. The "turns" are the times you build and improve defenses, while the RTS part is the waves.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
s4sutler100
Noob
Noob
Turn Based
Gives me time to manage my options.
kiujazi
It depends on the game. I enjoy a lot of both. For RTS I have stuff like Dawn of War, Starcraft and Battle for Middle Earth 2. While Turn based games are pretty much endless.

Both have their pros and cons. Turn based offer a lot of time to sit and think (at the same time single player RTS games usually do as well thanks to a pause button) while RTS games are about having a general strategy, implementing it, and just working on the fly with your resources.
Odazz
Noob
Noob
For me it depends on the mood I am in, but I generally prefer TBS because it allows for more thought behind every action and if you mess up it's on you, not on a misclick or a tap of a wrong hotkey. Yes they are lower risk overall because of the amount of information readily available but they are more chess like so a newer player can still beat a more experienced player if they outsmart them but in an RTS there's no way a newplayer will ever match an experienced players skill simply because of APM.