Red Dead Redemption 2

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Been playing it. Gonna review it. And I find it making me feel kind of uncomfortable.

I liked the first one a lot, because at least you could play the character as a generally good guy if you wanted to. This game... You can still kind of do that but there are unavoidable parts of the game where you have no choice, and I don't like that.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
SonicAndMarioFan2002
Noob
Noob
I haven't played the first, but I just stared playing 2. I think it's kind of frustrating. My horse died and now there's no way for me to get around.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Looking forward to your review
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I've started the initial write-up and I think the m orality section is going to be longer than the gameplay section. Sheesh. They really hit all the points.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Did you ever post a review for this game? I’m interested in reading it.

My thoughts: definitely not for the kiddies. I didn’t care much for being forced to be a bad man early on myself. In the end though, I think it worked out for the story they wanted to tell.
Spoiler:
One of the most interesting things I’ve read from players who finished the game is how some people started the game playing Arthur as evil as possible, but started changing the way they played after he found out he was dying of TB. It was also clear that all of the bad things you do early on end up having dire consequences for Arthur and the entire gang.
There’s a lot worth discussing in the story of this game, but for anyone adverse to playing the role of an evil man, I wouldn’t recommend.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I just submitted one, so you should see it soon.

I've been playing Arthur as noble as I can, but it feels disconnected when the story forces evil acts.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Jarvis
Noob
Noob
I know its a bit late to the reply, but I completely agree with what they did with Arthur. Why give you any good/evil reputation options in the game if there are certain quests where he has to be evil and then that lowers your reputation in the first place? I mean, I understand that he is an outlaw, but those quests where he has to collect money kind of messed with the way I was trying to play Arthur in the first place. At least with the first game (now its been many many years since I played it so I could be wrong), but I don't remember them forcing you into any situation where you had to be evil (or I completely blocked it out of my memory).

The controls were a pain to figure out, I got a bounty because I accidentally mugged a person because someone moved in front my me while I was trying to get to my horse and apparently the option it switch the button to was one where I attacked the person. Other than that, I thought that they did a good job with the actual game play if it wasn't for all the story missions that made me question why they even give me reputation options in the first place.
RainbowFang
Noob
Noob
I actually haven't touched the story once and have only messed around in Online. My playstyle in either RDR or RDR2 is typically to explore the maps and pretend I live there, just going for trail rides. I treat these games as more or less horse games with other stuff on top