Bloodborne

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Has anyone played this game? How is it and what is in it appropriateness wise? I got an e-mail asking about it.
RoosterOnAStick
Ah yes, I am currently playing this game. It is by the guys from From Software, responsible for the Dark Souls and Armored Core series.

I love this game and I think it is the best RPG they have made to date. It is essentially in a unique Victorian Gothic Horror setting (think the original Dracula novel mixed with Lovecraft). Really beautiful, although I admit I am kind of biased because I love horror, macabre, and goth type stuff (always have). Of course, like its predecessors Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2, it has incredibly challenging (and punishing) gameplay with a lot of reward and a surprisingly deep plot. The plot isn't immediately obvious and takes a lot of digging and speculation which is a big part of the online community surrounding this game. That and the sort of old school type of difficulty level (think of the hardest NES game you ever played) is part of the shared experience within the community as well.

If you are wondering whether or not it is a family friendly game? Well, no, not at all. There is more realistic combat, more so that most RPGs. I like it cause it is a very deep combat system, but it is more violent and bloody than their previous games that follow the same vein. The previous RPG games could have any blood that may have been present turned off while Bloodborne doesn't, and well, there is a lot of blood. Blood is a crucial part of the game mechanic and story so it isn't just bloody violence for its own sake but is still definitely R rated.

As far as spirituality goes, take it for what it is, that's my advice. It's a completely different universe and a very different world as a basis. I haven't quite figured out the entire plot and world setting yet though so perhaps I can post more later. Let me beat the game once or twice (since each of these games offers a New Game+ feature which ramps up the difficulty considerably) before finishing my take on this.

I would say get it if you don't mind these aspects as it is a top notch RPG. Would I recommend it for a kindergartner to play? Well, not really.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
RoosterOnAStick
Just an update, I have completed my first playthrough of Bloodborne and I am currently working through New Game Plus right now. Once I feel confident that I've completed everything that this game has to offer I'm considering trying my hand at a review at some point.

The reason is because I do think it is a fantastic RPG that people should try out.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
awesome, thanks for the update!
RoosterOnAStick
I realized I never did get around to this did I? lol

Well, I may still do so, cause now the new DLC, The Old Hunters, is coming out in two days. Will have to add this to my growing list of games I need to play in the coming months.
LAWJ
Noob
Noob
So what are your opinions on the Blood Church and their gods and rituals?