Looking for a Christian browser MMO

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Not even remotely, blacksinow. Tolkien is considered the father of modern fantasy. Lewis, not so much. It may have some stronger appeal in deeper christian circles for it's allegorical elements, but both as an influential piece and my opinion, a work of art, it falls painfully short of Lord of the Rings.

Tolkien was not an atheist, as much as I'd like to claim him, he was staunchly Catholic. Like speak-only-Latin-in-mass-even-though-they-switched-over-to-english sort of Catholic.

As for his works being Christian, Tolkien abhorred allegories and left the interpretation of the work to the individual reader (you know, like art), but in his letters, he mentioned that it was not intentionally catholic at in it's first draft, but in the rewrites it was. For him, it was a christian work. For you, it can be whatever you want to read from it. That's how Tolkien would have intended it, to find the truths from your own life.

EDIT: Oro's post got in before mine. I very much agree with Orodrist, he was an avid mythology aficionado and set to make his own.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
There you go then.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yup.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Ok thanks for clearing that out. I always thought the movies were supposed to be Christian.
I literally do nothing
blacksinow
The movies? I hope you mean the books.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
From what I've read, Tolkien was not only a lover of myth and wrote one for himself, bug HD also wanted a modern mythology for the British people on par with, as Oro said, Homer, or Beowulf, etc. IIRC, rewrites became more overtly Catholic when, for lack of a better term, hippies took LOTR and ran with its escapism.

To add to the discussion about allegory, Tolkien apparently hated the Narnia series' allegorical elements, as well as the mixing of real world and fantasy. Interesting element there XD
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
blacksinow
I thought that narnia fell into the same category as gospel music for Christians.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Meaning?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
blacksinow
Very unimpressive, drab and boring but considered to be as obligatory to Christians as the Prius is to Environmentallists.
DaveyWavey
Noob
Noob
I do wish they'd make a good Christian game :( I mean a really good one.... or least Christian-themed that was Biblically correct. Would be nice to play a good Christian-based game with good game play. Unfortunately too many games are just filth.