Skyrim on Steam, So Many Mods!!!

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
bocag1393
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
So I recently acquired a steam copy of the legendary edition of Skyrim (only had it for xbox360 before) and I am overwhelmed by the sheer number of mods for it. Does anyone have suggestions on some good ones?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I liked the hearthfire one where you can build houses and adopt kids
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Dawnguard is fun, Dragonborn is okay, however it gets long...
This is my signature
bocag1393
Noob
Noob
Luckily those DLC are part of the legendary edition of the game :) . I was wondering what people thought of the user-made content available through the steam workshop.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I have heard that SkyRe is pretty cool. However it is easier to become over-encumbered.
This is my signature
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
haven't played with user made stuff :\
TSTC2011
Noob
Noob
the steam mod place is huge however i use nexus mods. i personally like sky ui it makes the ui much more pc friendly than the orignal port over
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Do a Google search of recommended mods. There are some great ones out there that will make it very pretty. Of course it's all limited by what your PC can handle.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
Jesusfreak4110
Noob
Noob
I like the High Resolution mod. It doesn't affect all of the graphics, but it does make quite a few cities and areas, such as Solitude, look really good.
Whatshisface
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Not likely
bocag1393 wrote: Does anyone have suggestions on some good ones?
That's not an easy question to answer as it really depends upon your tastes, and what your PC can handle. Currently, not counting SKSE, I run with about 30 different mods.

Let's see . . . in my own list there is a mod which adds a new follower (Vilja is great), allows for more than one follower, some mods which add new clothing, weapons, and armor sets, while others affect the climate and weather, and still others are purely graphical - modifying textures, character models, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of using the Steam Workshop for my mods because I've found that many of the mods posted there were not posted by the actual mod's author and therefore create a world of problems if you're not careful. Therefore I would point you to Skyrim Nexus. Here's their list of the most "endorsed" mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/se ... ge=1&pUp=1.

I also like their mod manager and would highly recommend it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/?
JamieBoi
Noob
Noob
You should try out getting an "ENB" and higher resolution textures if your pc can handle it. You should also check out "SkyUI", it cleans up the interfaces quite well and looks great.
The nexus forum has tons of mods and a great way to install them very easily.
Gublin3
Noob
Noob
I just added a lot of swords from movies and games I've played and watched before, made the experience pretty fun
Gublin2
Noob
Noob
I feel that the over-saturation of mods has made Skyrim a flexible game. Players can change almost everything both mechanically and visually.
Chipakus
Noob
Noob
A really good mod on the workshop is "You Sha'n't be Beheaded! You Are All Pardoned Version". It removes all by chance decapitation which makes Skyrim a lot better xD. The only 2 decapitations it does not remove is the beheadings.
roseellla123
Noob
Noob
Here are some mods on the steam workshop that i would recommend,

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
Towns and Villages Enhanced, It's multiple mods for each town/city
Horse Armors
Lovely hairstyles CE (for females only)
Relighting Skyrim
Eyes of Beauty

I especially love the map with roads one, just spent 10 minutes fiddling with the map