New Destiny Game.

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
So this new Destiny game from Bungie is coming out soon. It looks pretty awesome, I'd really like to try and get it.
I would post a game play trailer about it. BUUUT, I am electronically impaired and barely know how to use a printer. Sorry.
What I do know about the game is that the setting is a few hundred years into the future, and your character is a guardian of the last human city. The reason this city has been able to survive is because of the Traveler, a large, celestial, sphere that floats over the city. The Traveler allows the Guardians of the City to wield strange power.
When building your character you can pick between three races, Humans, Awoken, and Exo. Humans are described as being relatable, tough, and uncomplicated. Awoken (My favorite) Are described as exotic, beautiful and mysterious. Exo are described as being sinister, powerful, and tireless.
Basically what you're doing in the game is exploring the world and defending the city. Sometimes you will come into contact with other people playing the game. So I am assuming that this game requires an online connection.

To me, this game sounds pretty great. I don't know about you guys, but I plan to buy it.
This is my signature
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
It does look fun, we'll see :)
Bulldoggy22
Noob
Noob
wow, that sounds awesome! Is there an expected release date?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Not exactly, just somewhere in 2014. I would expect closer to March.
This is my signature
Spy_Piggy
Noob
Noob
Destiny will have a Beta in January. Beta codes have been available to people who pre-ordered the game, although I'm not sure if the codes are still available.

But here is a link to the official gameplay trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Jx5__c1lY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is a link to the gameplay reveal, (absolutely epic).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIp7vZuYzoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blacksinow
I bet that it's a shooter with Master Chief as the protagonist.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
blacksinow wrote:I bet that it's a shooter with Master Chief as the protagonist.

Nope. In actuality, the protagonist is you. You create your own character and level it up. That's why it's very hard for people to classify it as an FPS or an MMORPG. Or even both.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Okay, so yesterday I got the game and I have only been able to play one level, but already the whole game seems fantastic! Open world style like Skyrim, you can meet other people playing the game like an MMORPG and do missions with them, you can do bounty hunter missions, buy your own ships, totally cool game! You even get your own Ghost. (not an actual Ghost, more like a robot)

I absolutely recommend this game! :D
This is my signature
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
I would love to play this game but holding off buying anymore games until I get an Xbox One and that won't be anytime soon.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Yeah, I can imagine, the One is $500 at Target, not including taxes, or any extra controllers, or Xbox Live or any games you may want to buy. I know I will be waiting some time before I buy one of those.

The only cruddy thing about Destiny is that it is console locked, so I can't play it over the internet with my friends who have a One while I have a 360. Also, if you do not have a strong internet connection, expect to be cut out of the game in middle of missions occasionally. Because we don't have a full 5 bars on our internet all the time, I occasionally get cut from the game and disconnected from Live. But it's okay, it means I get more experience from killing the same dudes over again!

Still though, so much fun! Absolutely recommend this game! :D
This is my signature
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
RedPlums wrote:Still though, so much fun! Absolutely recommend this game! :D
A common complaint is that the game is repetitive. Is this true?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well, there's only 4 worlds you can travel to, and only certain areas are on that world. For me it hasn't been really repetitive, however I am only a part way through, I know that you're not stuck on one world for too long, you are moving here and there. There is some back tracking, but the majority of it is if you choose to.
However, what I think said people are talking about is that in every mission you almost always start in the same place on a world. So, while you may have a mission that is involved over there, you have to start here and work your way there. But, that's easily do-able with your handy-dandy speeder you can call from space!
In my opinion, there's no issue of repetitive-ness.
This is my signature
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
I heard more that every mission felt the same as far as repetition.

Beam in, fight some enemies, respawn gets turned off, tougher fight while robot Tyrion Lannister does his hacking thing, boss fight, etc.?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Aaaah! "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone"

Yes, it is like that. Not on every mission, but on a lot of them. For me, that has not been an issue, they make it interesting by giving you, new, harder enemies, new playing fields, new weapons, new abilities, being able to do it with friends, for me I find the repetitive type of mission style is no biggie because the game distracts you from that with other awesome things.

Also, who is Tyron Lannister? :?
This is my signature
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
RedPlums wrote:Also, who is Tyron Lannister? :?
Tyrion Lannister is Peter Dinklage's character in the television series "Game of Thrones". He is also the voice your Ghost ingame.