Fallout 3 vs Fallout 3 : New Vegas, which do you prefer?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
:|
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote::|
Developed by the same company, it has similar RPG gameplay with FPS elements
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
New Vegas was definitely better. Better gameplay, tight controls, and, as Legionnaire said earlier(make that "posted" earlier :wink: ), it had ED-E. And, let's face it, it's extremely hard to hate ED-E.

BTW Why is this in RPG?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
blacksinow
Hmm... there were many things that I liked about either. But I have wrote out a list of things I liked about either.

FO3: NV
1. Great choice of weapons and armor.
2. Great choice of locations.
3. Great quasi non-linear story.
4. Wider selection of quests.

FO3
1. Had better DLC then FO3: NV.
2. Locations were also nice, but were inferior.
3. Had a better radio station.
Cory_Hartland
Noob
Noob
Fallout 3 may be the best game that was ever made. There were so many things to do. It was extremely hard for me to get into Fallout: New Vegas because I still enjoyed roaming around the land in Fallout 3.
blacksinow
I'll agree, but only because the DLC in NV felt too connected together to actually be seperate.
TSTC2011
Noob
Noob
I have to go with fallout 3 as the best as the amount of time it kept drawing me back in to see if i found everything and did everything new vegas came no where close
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Loved Fallout 3 but could never get into Fallout 4. Even on the hardest setting it was too easy. But it is one of those games I need to finish.
MaxMap
I enjoyed both games a lot, but I liked New Vegas better because I liked the decision making processes, and I prefer most of the world being outdoors. 8)
headpool182
Noob
Noob
In rankings: Fallout 2, Fallout 1, New Vegas, Fallout 3, Tactics. Fallout 2 is the best in the series. But, I'm an old school fallout player, so take that as you will.
Emwok
CCGR addict
I have both, but I haven't played Fallout 3 yet.
Spoiler:

kiujazi
It's been a while since I played 3, but I enjoyed what I played of it.

But I have to admit I enjoy New Vegas far more than that. Wide selection of weapons and mods for said weapons, pretty great characters (I love the Kings.) A lot of the areas you visit are a lot of fun to visit as well. There always seems to be something to do, and considering the whole factions mechanic, someone could always possibly be coming after you so that always keeps me on my toes.
Holy13
Noob
Noob
I really considered New Vegas to be the better game, maybe it was all of the connections to Fallout 2? Nostalgialitious.

Fallout 3 had a better... flow to the story and world, maybe? I see its subjective appeal compared to NV, but I can't put my finger on it. Also I may have forgotten to do the Pitt DLC, haha.

But all the cool weapons, mods, ammo, custom ammo in New Vegas, it just gave you so many options. And the survival food/h2o/sleep aspects gave every little item you could pick up have some purpose. The Dead Money content was a little awful, I could rant for hours about it, but the Old World Blues content more than made up for that.

I think there was some mod to explore the Fallout 3 world with a Fallout:NV character, could be fun, just heard about it recently though.