Three Free-2-Play MMO's worth checking out!

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Keldorn
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I have become more cheap in my old age (43 hehe) and since I my attention span with some games have equaled a huge waste of money I went and checked out some F2P MMO's and found 3 that really hit the mark.

For your fantasy sword and shield RPG fix I play AION from NCSoft, all the regular character classes are present with there sub-classes or specialty abilities. The cool thing about AION is the ability to fly on a feathery pair of wings around the game world.

For your racing fix I play Need for Speed World, a huge city "free roam" world where you can drive and race others, or compete in races with NPC cars. Lots of cars and lots of races with points and in game cash awarded for placement, as you level new areas to race open up. The most fun you will have in this game is the "outrun" maps where you need to outrun and evade police until they loose track of you, thus you win the "heat". Pursuit "heat" go from 1 to 5, and I have not lasted long once I hit heat 5 in a pursuit round. The police set up roadblocks, lay spike strips, ram you and try to box you in to catch you.

For your Sci-Fi Space sim fix I present Moonbreakers. Moonbreakers is an INTENCE space sim dogfighting game that I fell in love with right away. Each side has a command ship, a carrier that you launch from, and depending what the objective is for the round, you fly around and dogfight real players in your fighter, as you play you gain credits to upgrade your ship, from heavy bombers to light nimble fighters. Download the steam version or get it with Google chrome.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm not sure if I'd classify Moon Breakers as an MMO, but it's a pretty fun space shooter and I highly recommend people give it a whirl.

Lord of the Rings Online is one of the best and most note-worthy f2p MMORPGS.
Star Trek Online's worth a try if you like that world.
Can't speak to D&D online, but it seems like one of the better ones.
If you want to venture into RTS, Age of Empires Online is a great freemium game.
If you're willing to pay the cost of buying the game but want to avoid monthly fees, Guild Wars (and upcoming Guild Wars 2) is your best shot.

There's really quite a few free MMORPGs, but I found most of them not worth the time to play. Ironically, over the years, I've been more willing to pay for games I find worthwhile, rather than try out a slew of cheap or free games. There a couple freeware gems out there, though.

(Oh, and welcome to the boards!)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Keldorn
Noob
Noob
Thanks for the welcome!

The only thing that I don't like about LOTRO is that you have to purchase the quest areas of the world to play, that is not F2P that is just clever marketing by Turbine.

There is no real storyline behind Moonbreakers but I think it loosely qualifies as an MMO.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
That's true about LOTRO. To get everything, you'd have to spend some money, but there's a very large amount of gameplay available for free; I certainly haven't spent a cent and I have much more to go.

The reason why I didn't call Moon Breakers an MMO is that the instances are "arena" style, where you have 16ish people on each side battling, rather than an single instance world where all (or at least a large portion) stay and play persistently, so it wouldn't be Massively Multiplayer and bit more like Counter-Strike in space. Still a blast, and i highly recommend. Who knows, maybe we'll meet there one day and duke it out.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Keldorn
Noob
Noob
My call sign is "Tarsas" in Moonbreakers, if you see me feel free to take a shot at me, hehehe!