X-BOX or PS3 skyrim, which to get?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
blacksinow
I'm going to be getting Skyrim soon for the PS3 or 360. Which do people feel is the better version?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
The xbox kinect commands seem cool but I'm sticking with PC
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
PC, but the Xbox 360 version isn't half bad either.
blacksinow
I don't have a kinect, nor do I have any intention of getting one. I have heard that the PS3 is plagued with bugs and glitches more over then what the xbox version has. If it weren't for the bad navigation system, the poorly designed mapping interface. I would surely get it. But I may wait til the game of the year edition comes out before deciding once and for all.

I don't have the capability to play the PC version, so back to the topic. PS3 vs XBOX version.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
blacksinow wrote:The question was, which version to get between X-BOX or PS3. I didn't even mention the PC, so please stick to the topic instead of giving me irrelevant information. No offense.
I get it, but it's worth stating that the PC version is far superior. I recommended the Xbox 360 version because it seems to have less bugs; the PS3 version was nearly unplayable at launch for some people.
blacksinow
Yeah, I've heard that as well. It seems that there are so few circumstances that it will run on the PS3 version. I'm going to wait for the game of the year edition to come out, I know it will take a few years, but I feel by the time it is out, I can see if anything has improved. I know it seems completely trivial, but the navigation in Skyrim really bothers me. I can't stand the way the map map curser messes up whenever you move it to the higher regions of the map. The travel routes are so confusing to boot. Again though, these are all personal issues.

I liked New Vegas for many reasons, but navigation was one of them. The map was simple to read, and the travel routes weren't confusing in the slightest.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
PC. After trying it out on a PS3, I appreciate some of the shortcuts the PC provides, along with the improved graphics and the ability to mod. Not to mention Quicksaves.

Of course, this is assuming you have a proper PC to run it, and judging by your question, I'm not sure if you do.

Between PS3 and Xbox, I guess I'd go XBox. The Kinect shouts might be cool, and I heard it was less buggy.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
My room doesn't have the space for kinect, and I don't have enough light to make use of it at night, which is a majority of my gaming time. And I do NOT have the requirements to properly run Skyrim. So let's avoid the "Play it on PC" suggestions.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
sell your xbox and PS3 and get a PC and Skyrim. Problem Solved. j/k well...half kidding.
blacksinow
Please stop giving bad advice and be relevant to the discussion, please?!

I have no intent on selling PS3, and X-BOX just to make less then enough money to buy parts to something that won't see the light of day. I like my consoles just fine and I am never going to get Skyrim on the PC. I know people think "PC-ONLY! DESU!!1!11!!!" But the question was, between the X-BOX 360 and PS3 alone, the PC not-included, which would be the better choice.

Some of you have answered that, the others... I wish would be more relevant to the topic.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
dude it was a joke
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
blacksinow wrote:Please stop giving bad advice and be relevant to the discussion, please?!

I have no intent on selling PS3, and X-BOX just to make less then enough money to buy parts to something that won't see the light of day. I like my consoles just fine and I am never going to get Skyrim on the PC. I know people think "PC-ONLY! DESU!!1!11!!!" But the question was, between the X-BOX 360 and PS3 alone, the PC not-included, which would be the better choice.

Some of you have answered that, the others... I wish would be more relevant to the topic.

Jokes aside, you mentioned waiting for the GotY edition. That would probably be your best option, since it will probably come out around the holiday season. Giving you plenty of time to put aside the cash.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
blacksinow wrote:Please stop giving bad advice and be relevant to the discussion, please?!

I don't know you, but you've gotta lighten up, man. Seriously. Every post I see that you make is very serious, and it's just... it's kind of a downer, okay?

As for Skyrim, I would just avoid it. I sold my copy because it felt like work after twenty hours. The way the game is structured makes questing feel like a chore. The writing isn't good, the combat is clunky, and, oh yeah, it's Bethesda, so the graphics leave a ton to be desired.

There's certainly some beautiful stuff in the game (walking out into a field and seeing borealis in the sky above is magnificent, and there are some vistas that you need to see), and the art style is amazing (the way moutains curl into peaks is like something out of a picture book).

Overall, though? There were better games released last year, as there always are.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
blacksinow
I'm glad that I'm not the only realist when it comes to Bethesda. Now if we can only get people to see the truth about some other companies, the game industry would actually do better I feel.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Get the 360 version. The PS3 has saving problems.