Diablo 3

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Been playing it with a guest pass Drew gave me (thanks!). It's gory, has supernatural themes but the best news of all is that the pentagrams have been removed. I'm enjoying it. Who is planning on getting it?
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wow, that's nice of them.
blacksinow
Hell without pentagrams is the equivalent of Bambi being a Tasmanian devil and not a deer. I know it sounds confusing, but I am sure you get my point. But I suppose a Hell with nothing but fluffy and cute animals IS scary...
jester747
Forum Moderator
blacksinow wrote:Hell without pentagrams is the equivalent of Bambi being a Tasmanian devil and not a deer.
Wait, what?

So you've checked? O_o
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
blacksinow
No, but why wouldn't it? Hell is Hell, it isn't good or neutral, it is bad. And Hell isn't full of teddybears that hug you or anything of the like... And yes I iknow it all sounds deep or soemthing.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I'm literally torn between this and Max Payne 3. I'm probably gonna grab both, because, well...* glances at checkbook* ...I could probably buy ten copies of each make make it til two paycheck from now, but I shouldn't. I hate being responsible.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
The cathedrals are without crosses so it's a fair move towards neutrality
blacksinow
In that case, I completely agree. Unfortunately, Blizzard is doing this thing that prevents anyone who has a graphics card that doesn't quality to never run the game. If I had known they didn't have crosses, I'd have said the same about the cathedrals.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
blacksinow wrote:No, but why wouldn't it? Hell is Hell, it isn't good or neutral, it is bad. And Hell isn't full of teddybears that hug you or anything of the like... And yes I iknow it all sounds deep or soemthing.
Since when is hell evil? :P Last time I checked, it was a prison of sorts created by God.
blacksinow
Chozon1 wrote:
blacksinow wrote:No, but why wouldn't it? Hell is Hell, it isn't good or neutral, it is bad. And Hell isn't full of teddybears that hug you or anything of the like... And yes I iknow it all sounds deep or soemthing.
Since when is hell evil? :P Last time I checked, it was a prison of sorts created by God.
I don't think this has ever been the conversation between two normal people...

"You know, I don't think Hell isn't as bad as people say... I bet those demons are actually very nice folks!" It is associated with evil for a good reason, let us not forget that.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Probably because of Paradise Lost. And I'm not normal. XD

Hell, as I said, is a prison created by God, I think. It's certainly treated that way in the bible, at any rate. Nowhere in the bible does it say Satan created it as a bastion for him and his armies. If he did, I can think of more hospitable palaces than one filled with fire that does not go out and worms that never stop chewing.

I might be wrong, aye. But you'd have to show me from the bible.

That said...I want to try this game. @_@ But the specs have killed me. XD

Might look up the original until I get a better PC.
blacksinow
I didn't say it wasn't built by Satan, I said that it is associated with evil. At any rate, topic change, hm? I've had second thoughts about Diablo3 a while back, during the Annual Plus deal for world of warcraft. So we will see if it's good, or it's a lame game. It's one of those situations where I hope that I am wrong.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not so much a topic change as making my post relevant to the thread. And 'twas true. I do want to give this one a try.

But my point was that hell is not what it is portrayed as in video games and media. I'd be surprised if there were pentagrams there, or any other 'evil' symbols. Not, mind you, that I plan to visit and verify that.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
blacksinow wrote:Hell without pentagrams is the equivalent of Bambi being a Tasmanian devil and not a deer. I know it sounds confusing, but I am sure you get my point. But I suppose a Hell with nothing but fluffy and cute animals IS scary...
I suggest you do more research on Pentagrams then.

And in the mean time, this has drifted quite a bit off-topic from Diablo III. So I'd suggest either making a thread in Spiritual Discussion for this (Which actually wouldn't be a bad idea) or just talking about Diablo III (Which seems to be happening, albeit slowly). Dong le ma?

So that said, what about all those launch issues that have been plaguing this game for the past few days? I got sick of being continually booted off the servers, so I gave up for a few days.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I only had trouble on launch day