Skyrim

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
mxlpx
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Skyrim is a great game. Put about 40 hours in and barely got started. So many games but reality keeps intruding...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I know this is necroing but I think this is worth mentioning that Skyrim legendary difficulty is now available via Steam beta

http://expansivedlc.com/skyrim-1-9-patc ... ifficulty/
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nice! The game has been too easy now that I'm very high level. I'll definitely be using the Legendary difficulty mode.

As for Legendary skill, I have been wanting a way to boost my perks, but I have a mixed feeling about resetting a tree. Probably best for certain skills I leveled up in, but never dumped perks into. It also looks like you get your perks back, so it's more to go around.

I'm excited. This could be cool.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
Sarcasm Begin

They made the game easier, thanks alot Bethesda...

Sarcasm End
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
blacksinow wrote:
Sarcasm Begin

They made the game easier, thanks alot Bethesda...

Sarcasm End
wat
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
TenorNegative
Noob
Noob
I wasted so much time on Skyrim. I finally had to look up cheat codes so the game would be ruined for me. Now I am free from it's tyranny.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
What are your favorite races in Skyrim? I have found that I really like the Breton because I can cast some epic lightening spells in one hand and totally tear people apart with a sword in another hand.
Also, what is your favorite type of character?
Sneaky/Archer
Totally awesome Mage-dude
Tank/Swordsman
This is my signature
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I played most types as I tried leveling up my guy as far as possible. Dual-sword is probably my favorite, but I'll have to admit, sneaking a headshot in is really gratifying and those master destruction spells are a ton of fun to cast.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I tried fulfilling my dream of making a spellsword (a class from either Morrowind or Oblivion, or maybe both, I forget) since dual-wielding became a thing, but I gave it up early on because low-leveled characters seem to have a hard time pulling off the multitasking because it doesn't put out enough damage (early game, anyway) to let you cut through your enemies quickly before they break through your meager defensive capabilities.

I kinda want to try it out on a leveled character, though.

Also, one of my favorite things was taking a challenge a friend of mine tried that involved playing a Khajiit and using ONLY claws and shouts during combat.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I actually started a character for that. I called him McPunches or something.
Did it in the vein of Robbaz's skyrim viking video. I'd post it here but, well, you know. Man, was it hilarious.

Once you get a couple perks in the One-handed tree, dual wielding becomes massively overpowered. I'd take down dragons in a volley or two. Granted, I had some pretty boss enchantments on my swords. I think I named my dragon swords Orcrist and Glamdring, my dragon greatsword as Anduril, and my ebony blades as Twinkle and Icing Death. You're alright in my book if you get all those references.

I did the spellsword deal, but the utility of it was nice, but I preferred nuking and switching to dual wield.
Also, picking up the Spell Breaker shield really helped on tanking, especially when mage tanking.
Also, Dwarven Crossbows are pretty great for clearing areas at a distance.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Back before my disc got scratched I had a wicked vampire assassin. The game in general seemed pretty easy with a good stealth build.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
blacksinow
Though I like Skyrim, and even though it IS a terrible game, it is terrible because Bethesda sucks at weapon balancing. They couldn't even be bothered to scale the ebony blade after they classed it as a two-handed weapon. With it's poor damage, it just isn't worth bothering with.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Even though everybody was fooled into thinking it was great game, I'm glad you can see past it all, and really hone in on a couple potential weapon imbalances. Seriously, if you think weapon balancing made Skyrim terrible, you simply don't understand the game. It's not a competitive pvp game, it's about open-ended exploration and character building. Unbalanced weapons might be a flaw of skyrim, but it's not a core flaw and it certainly doesn't make it terrible.

And re-classifying the Ebony Blade for two-handed wasn't a feature change, it was a bug fix. It was always a two-handed weapon, it just used to pull perks from the one-handed tree.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

blacksinow
The Ebony Blade and the work you had to go through to get it fully powered was inexcusable for the low power that it had, and you had to be... what level 20 to get it? It was a weapon that you should've gotten earlier in level if it were going to be so weak. Skyrim had many imballances, like the potion glitch. C'mon, I dare you to tell me that it wasn't problematic, that it didn't wreck the poor ballance (wait, what ballance?) that the game already had. Did they even fix the weapon display glitches in hearthfire yet? These were problems that made the game terrible in the first place. Oh, and the ENORMOUS memory glitch that 1.08 fixed on the PS3. And I dare you to actually TELL me that it was all Sony's fault. The biggest farce of it all was Dawnguard... It didn't actually GIVE you a unique experience and Vampire Lords were VERY overpowered, where as werewolves had a decent balance, but lacked night eye that they were given in Morrowind: Bloodmoon. Bethesda wanted the mod community to make all their problems go away, and look at the glitches, the BIG glitches that still plague the game if you don't believe me.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Level 20 is still very low level, it wasn't hard to get that blade, and the blade is supposed to grow with power whenever you take a life of a victim (enemies not counting). It's supposed to start out weak.

Yeah, there were bugs. As for Dawnguard, you wanted a different experience. I purchased and enjoyed it because I wanted more skyrim experience, which is exactly what I got, along with some new variability. If you want a different experience, play a different game.

Look, I don't care if you don't actually like the game. That's your opinion and none of my business, but it's a bit presumptuous to act like it's objectively acknowledged as a terrible game when it's almost universally lauded. You honestly sound like the guy who gave Dark Knight a terrible review for a couple misgivings.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.