KOTOR series

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
I just borrowed KOTOR II from my friend. Pretty good so far.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
I started the first one, and it did not interest me that much. I did not like it for some reason.

But then I got a book out of the library based on this franchise, and loved the book.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
FamilyFriendlyGaming wrote:I started the first one, and it did not interest me that much. I did not like it for some reason.

But then I got a book out of the library based on this franchise, and loved the book.
Both things you just said I absolutely abhor.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I just found the copy of KOTOR II that I thought I had sold a long, long time ago in a garage sale far, far away.

EXCITEMENT?? I THINK SO!!
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
have both they are both really good. and you dont really ever stop playing them... you just come back after long pauses. Pure force i go for the force wave and your just unbeatable once you have it. :wink:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Somehow, I never manage to use my force powers. O_o I always just hack stuff to death with stim packs and grenades. >_>

I restarted this the other day. Male rogue. I typically end up just hacking at stuff with a lightsaber, but I also wanted persuade powers. :D

And then I found out that the persuade powers were cross class. -_-
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
male scout persuade is a trait skill....though i never actually use it :lol:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Nice. XD Real nice.

First time through, I didn't use the persuade option very much (it helped that I was a soldier and had a low level in it), but the second time I wanted to branch out and play differently than the first time, so I used it. It comes in handy, but it also leads to the Dark side a lot. At least for me. :D
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
lol only when you use force persuade and the first time i played through....and still do...i use melee all the way through. a set of vibroblades max out action skills with them. probly need to range the next time i do it...anyone have a weapon to refer to me?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Eh...I always use vibro blades or sabers. Usually dual. I don't have experience in ranged weapons.
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
yea i ussually go double bladed no duals kinda fun twirling them around in KOTOR II wish theyd let you in KOTOR
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I have yet to play the sequel, sadly. Need to look into double bladed sabers too, for that matter.

I did find a fairly good ranged weapon though. Zaalbar's Bowcaster. Decided I wanted to have a ranged person in my party this time around. I'm actually liking it so far, as they can pound them from afar while I slash them up close. Good teamwork.

Anyway, with a full gamut of upgrades it does somewhere around 2-13 damage with a +3 attack modifier and a mildly increased critical hit range.

I also got Bendak Starkillers blaster, but the character that I'm using as a ranged attacker (Mission) already had the dueling feat, so I didn't want to waste it by getting the double-handed feat.

Wow...I feel so nerdy right now. I'm so happeh.
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
lol nice i usually stick to carth as my ranged person then go me and bastilla..... ive done all the cutscenes and side quests i just go for peak perfomance now... i may go mandalorian this time...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I've not done all the cutscenes and stuff. I'm trying to use different characters besides the ones I normally do.

It's weird, but I actually like all the characters. I have trouble deciding which ones to use.
Strikerz68
Noob
Noob
yea it is gotta go for different character combinations to see all of the cutscenes and for some of them you have to do it before you leave certain planets...i wonder if there are any darkside cutscenes....may have to find that out now.... :wink: