KOTOR series

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
SSquared
Are you human?: Yes!
I absolutely loved the first one. In fact, I think it is my favorite game (unseating Jedi Outcast). But I could not get into the second one. I kept playing hoping something would pull me in, but I never felt the same urge to move forward in the game. I eventually stopped playing. I recall being in some city with multiple levels and I remember some business that was trying to get me to do something I disagreed with. One of those times where you get to choose a side by either helping this company (which seems like the bad guy) or go help some other company (which appears to be good). I think it is the first location after you leave the finish the opening ship level.

Should I start it over and try again?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I think you should. Granted, some choices seem lose-lose, but that's kinda like life isn't it?

As for the planet you are on (Telos), once you get to the surface and finally leave, you have the freeform options like the first. It's possible you're like me and just don't like the intermediary between me and freedom. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
If you still believe in lose-lose situations, you obviously haven't watched enough Doctor Who or Stargate. >_>
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
If you don't believe in them you haven't played enough KOTOR.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I always found a way out. *shrugs*

It depends on what you consider lose. There were very few situations that couldn't be brought to a positive end.

At least in the first. If any.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, the second often deals with darker consequences. also, since lose can have relative meaning, I mean where there's always negative consequences to your action, regardless of what you do.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Still, negative consequences does not equal lose/lose. Having to fight my way through a zombie hoard, but saving some lives on the other end is a lose/win situation. Lose/lose means there's no good at all.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I dunno. In KOTOR if you take the dark side, you get a sucky ending. Light sides gives you crappy powers. It...kinda is lose/lose
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
But you get a happy ending and better powers. So lose/win.

Not to mention warm fuzzy feelings for helping people and unmercifully slaughtering the darkside.
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
If you're a Consular, you have enough force points where being 'light side' is irrelevant to being able to use dark side powers with abandon. At least on KOTOR I I found that to be the case.

IBJamon
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's possible in both, I think. But there's something to be said for getting the more powerful powers early, in my opinion.
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Uugh. Somehow, my KOTOR I save dir got emptied. :( I'm really bummed.

Fortunately, my KOTOR II saves are still around. Maybe I'll play it again sometime.

IBJamon
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I think you should. Granted, some choices seem lose-lose, but that's kinda like life isn't it?
...no?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ChickenSoup wrote:
...no?
Thank you Souperman.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Then I'm sorry, you're in for a real shock when you find yourself in one.

Just in case there was a misunderstanding, I meant that there are lose/lose situations in life, not every situation is one.