Tired of unrealistic women in fighters

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
Slow down blacksinow,
and think about your post before you post it.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand what the problem is with not fighting.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
blacksinow
The point isn't that fighting is good. We are talking about ridulosity regarding genders in fighting games and how stupid that it all has become in fashion.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Well, I was more talking about your last post on page two.

Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
Location: Someplace where you need either a yellow wristband or a leprechaun to get to
Sure, if a woman trains she can fight and beat the snot out of your average joe. But against a equally trained and intelligent man the man will most likely win. God designed men and women differently. Does that mean woman need to stay in the kitchen and bake us men cookies and a sandwhich while were out playing golf? Of course not!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I think it's fair enough that you deserve a full response.

Do men and women have varying physiological differences past simple reproductive functions? Absolutely. Men on average (and by a significant amount) have more muscle mass, larger and stronger bone frame, lower body fat (not sure how the the statistics hold up in light of current obesity, but a healthy man has significantly less than a woman) and while I'm don't know if it's genetic or not, we often train to fight at a very young age while anthropologically speaking, women seldom do. Conversely, women have a far greater homeostasis and can survive in cold environments longer. There are also apparent neuralogical differences along with trends in mental capacities, where men perform better spacially, but when can have more intrict social cognitive functions.

If you were merely stating differences and varying tendencies between sexes, you wouldn't be wrong, but you made assertions and based on those, we also made assumptions on what you actually meant.
Oblivions_Key wrote:Id rather women were not in fighters at all. It seems to me that God never intended for a man to fight a woman due to there seriously more diminutive strength.
You went beyond just pointing out that Men tend to be more capable fighters; you that you'd rather them not and that they might not be meant for it.
Now, I can't say I'm comfortable with the idea, and this probably goes back to the notion that in early tribes and cultures, where once a culture loses it's women, it dies. Men are more or less expendable. Anyhow, I digress.
Going back, even if I'd "rather women were not fighters," I would not make that claim as it is not my place to tell others what they can or cannot do. Now, you might have not been making that claim, but we're on the internet. We only see the text you make and we fill in all the blanks with what we know about other people.

My point with my link was the assumption that you were making the claim that since women tend to be less capable at physical combat than men, they shouldn't be fighters, so I showed a historical example of someone who was able to surpass this and become an extraordinary fighter. Women can be good fighters and even better than most of their male counterparts, and sure, it's more rare than common, but is it our place to place roles on it?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
Location: Someplace where you need either a yellow wristband or a leprechaun to get to
ArchAngel wrote:I think it's fair enough that you deserve a full response.

Do men and women have varying physiological differences past simple reproductive functions? Absolutely. Men on average (and by a significant amount) have more muscle mass, larger and stronger bone frame, lower body fat (not sure how the the statistics hold up in light of current obesity, but a healthy man has significantly less than a woman) and while I'm don't know if it's genetic or not, we often train to fight at a very young age while anthropologically speaking, women seldom do. Conversely, women have a far greater homeostasis and can survive in cold environments longer. There are also apparent neuralogical differences along with trends in mental capacities, where men perform better spacially, but when can have more intrict social cognitive functions.

If you were merely stating differences and varying tendencies between sexes, you wouldn't be wrong, but you made assertions and based on those, we also made assumptions on what you actually meant.
Oblivions_Key wrote:Id rather women were not in fighters at all. It seems to me that God never intended for a man to fight a woman due to there seriously more diminutive strength.
You went beyond just pointing out that Men tend to be more capable fighters; you that you'd rather them not and that they might not be meant for it.
Now, I can't say I'm comfortable with the idea, and this probably goes back to the notion that in early tribes and cultures, where once a culture loses it's women, it dies. Men are more or less expendable. Anyhow, I digress.
Going back, even if I'd "rather women were not fighters," I would not make that claim as it is not my place to tell others what they can or cannot do. Now, you might have not been making that claim, but we're on the internet. We only see the text you make and we fill in all the blanks with what we know about other people.

My point with my link was the assumption that you were making the claim that since women tend to be less capable at physical combat than men, they shouldn't be fighters, so I showed a historical example of someone who was able to surpass this and become an extraordinary fighter. Women can be good fighters and even better than most of their male counterparts, and sure, it's more rare than common, but is it our place to place roles on it?
Well one thing is for sure, woman are critical to mankind. Perhaps you think I am saying that men are somehow better than woman because I say that men are generally stronger physically. Woman are completely capable of fighting and being strong, and yes there are sometimes woman that are far more capable at it then some men. But I do not believe that they should fight for sport against men. Also I believe that women have us at oh... what is it? 7 billion to 0 on childbirth? And God also said " It is not good for man to be alone" Women are indeed critical and have very important roles in society, just as men do. Why should a woman have to fight? Say you take a big Dodge Duelie with a Cummins turbo diesel and compare it to a Lamborghini Murcielago, now is that Dodge gonna do a good job on a oval track? no. Is the Lamborghini gonna pull a trailer? no. If God intended man and woman to do the same things, then why did he make us different at all? And again... neither are more valuable than the other.
blacksinow
While men are beefier, have more muscle mass, women are also faster. And if you have ever seen the Pirate VS Knight episode in Deadliest Warrior, the Pirate out maneuvered the Knight with his speed. I think that a woman has a greater chance at beating a man then most would think. But ofcourse, there are varying circumstances, such as skill and such.
Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
blacksinow wrote:While men are beefier, have more muscle mass, women are also faster. And if you have ever seen the Pirate VS Knight episode in Deadliest Warrior, the Pirate out maneuvered the Knight with his speed. I think that a woman has a greater chance at beating a man then most would think. But ofcourse, there are varying circumstances, such as skill and such.
Of course a woman has a chance.. Thats been established. And can you cite a source saying women are faster? Or some sort of proof? Im not sure where your going now.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I have not seen Deadliest Warrior though I heard of it, but didn't the pirate win because he pulled out a gun? :wtc:
(I would hate to see a knight with years of training, lose to a freelancer.)
Well, you can correct me on how the battle went.

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Well, no, they aren't necessarily faster and speed as a tendency still lies with men. Speed in running, movement and reflexes.
I'm curious to watch statistics or examples you can cite.

And as for speed in fights, when both parties have a sword, sure, speed has a strong advantage, but in bare fists, well, let's say there's a reason why MMA and boxing is split up by weight categories. A super fast lightweight will be destroyed by a heavy weight in most cases (not only from a strength and weight advantage, but a reach advantage). Not even that, the lightweight can suffer some serious injuries.

And even in the Pirate vs. Knight fight, it's assumed that the pirate is pretty strong. The speed was due to the lack of armor, and he had guns and explosives. And let's be honest; it's fictional.
Oblivions_Key wrote:Well one thing is for sure, woman are critical to mankind. Perhaps you think I am saying that men are somehow better than woman because I say that men are generally stronger physically. Woman are completely capable of fighting and being strong, and yes there are sometimes woman that are far more capable at it then some men. But I do not believe that they should fight for sport against men. Also I believe that women have us at oh... what is it? 7 billion to 0 on childbirth? And God also said " It is not good for man to be alone" Women are indeed critical and have very important roles in society, just as men do. Why should a woman have to fight? Say you take a big Dodge Duelie with a Cummins turbo diesel and compare it to a Lamborghini Murcielago, now is that Dodge gonna do a good job on a oval track? no. Is the Lamborghini gonna pull a trailer? no. If God intended man and woman to do the same things, then why did he make us different at all? And again... neither are more valuable than the other.
I've never stated that you were saying women were lesser, nor have I brought that concept to the table. Why did you, hmm?

So are you advocating a segregation of roles based on sex? I'm not saying allowing natural tendencies, I'm saying having a policy of some sorts where women and men take different roles based on their "advantages."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
ArchAngel wrote:Well, no, they aren't necessarily faster and speed as a tendency still lies with men. Speed in running, movement and reflexes.
I'm curious to watch statistics or examples you can cite.

And as for speed in fights, when both parties have a sword, sure, speed has a strong advantage, but in bare fists, well, let's say there's a reason why MMA and boxing is split up by weight categories. A super fast lightweight will be destroyed by a heavy weight in most cases (not only from a strength and weight advantage, but a reach advantage). Not even that, the lightweight can suffer some serious injuries.

And even in the Pirate vs. Knight fight, it's assumed that the pirate is pretty strong. The speed was due to the lack of armor, and he had guns and explosives. And let's be honest; it's fictional.
Oblivions_Key wrote:Well one thing is for sure, woman are critical to mankind. Perhaps you think I am saying that men are somehow better than woman because I say that men are generally stronger physically. Woman are completely capable of fighting and being strong, and yes there are sometimes woman that are far more capable at it then some men. But I do not believe that they should fight for sport against men. Also I believe that women have us at oh... what is it? 7 billion to 0 on childbirth? And God also said " It is not good for man to be alone" Women are indeed critical and have very important roles in society, just as men do. Why should a woman have to fight? Say you take a big Dodge Duelie with a Cummins turbo diesel and compare it to a Lamborghini Murcielago, now is that Dodge gonna do a good job on a oval track? no. Is the Lamborghini gonna pull a trailer? no. If God intended man and woman to do the same things, then why did he make us different at all? And again... neither are more valuable than the other.
I've never stated that you were saying women were lesser, nor have I brought that concept to the table. Why did you, hmm?

So are you advocating a segregation of roles based on sex? I'm not saying allowing natural tendencies, I'm saying having a policy of some sorts where women and men take different roles based on their "advantages."
I just wanted to be clear that I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that both have different strengths. Again, " Say you take a big Dodge Duelie with a Cummins turbo diesel and compare it to a Lamborghini Murcielago, now is that Dodge gonna do a good job on a oval track? no. Is the Lamborghini gonna pull a trailer? no. If God intended man and woman to do the same things, then why did he make us different at all?" Sure you can try and haul that trailer with the Lamborghini and who am I to tell you otherwise? Realize this though, it doesn't have the chassis or suspension to do it very well and it may in fact cause serious damage based on the trailer. Put that Lambo on the road though and you'll see it shine in a beautiful way. What I'm saying is, male and female both have strengths independent of each other. Does that mean a woman isn't "capable" of fighting? Nope it just means it wasn't what she was designed for.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Alright, you said the same thing over again. It's like you never read my post.
I already stated I'm never said you made the claim one is better than the other, and I asked if you were advocating a policy.
But you reiterated what I already addressed and didn't acknowledge the question I posed.

Secondly, you keep saying God intended them from different things. Who gets to determine what that is? You? Even if it was clearly written out in scripture, you can't make that a public policy. And are you sure that means we are supposed to do different things? Tend to different things, but you're making it seem it's by divine mandate that women and men should adhere to certain roles and abstain from others. But is this even scriptural? Is this even scriptural, and if it's your own extrapolations, why treat it as canon?

And P.S. There are some top notch drag racing pickups. It'd be a shame if someone kept them off the tarmac because a "supercar" is better suited for it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

blacksinow
Wow, just reading that makes me feel like a caveman... thanks alot.
Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
ArchAngel wrote:Alright, you said the same thing over again. It's like you never read my post.
I already stated I'm never said you made the claim one is better than the other, and I asked if you were advocating a policy.
But you reiterated what I already addressed and didn't acknowledge the question I posed.

Secondly, you keep saying God intended them from different things. Who gets to determine what that is? You? Even if it was clearly written out in scripture, you can't make that a public policy. And are you sure that means we are supposed to do different things? Tend to different things, but you're making it seem it's by divine mandate that women and men should adhere to certain roles and abstain from others. But is this even scriptural? Is this even scriptural, and if it's your own extrapolations, why treat it as canon?

And P.S. There are some top notch drag racing pickups. It'd be a shame if someone kept them off the tarmac because a "supercar" is better suited for it.
Im not advocating any policy, agenda or what have you. Im not forcing my views on anyone else. Im not sure where you got off thinking I was running for president and was gonna make woman do certain things and men other things. Men and women can do whatever they want but it doesnt mean there all suited for it. Lets clear this up, what exactly is your arguement? Im also not saying that men can only do some things and women can only do some things. All Im saying is that I would rather not see a man fight a women. Becuase in your average situation the woman doesnt stand a chance :( I know if I saw a man beating up on a woman id be furious. Does that mean women must never fight becuase I have this belief? Well no, it just means I dont advocate women fighting men. Surely your Father told you not to hit girls when you were young?
Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
blacksinow wrote:Wow, just reading that makes me feel like a caveman... thanks alot.
You consistently insult me, but it tells me alot about you.