Super Smash bros.

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

What is your fav game in the SSB. series

Super smash bros
12%
Super smash bros. melee
31%
Super smash bros. brawl
57%

Total votes: 42
jester747
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
But.

But.

The very notion, even in trolling, that everything that hasn't been converted onto paper isn't real music makes me want to cry.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I have an acoustic guitar already. Still need to practice (A LOT).

Also, what's wrong with saving up for both systems? I can't decide...
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
jester747 wrote:But.

But.

The very notion, even in trolling, that everything that hasn't been converted onto paper isn't real music makes me want to cry.
Yeah after all if that notion was true,
we would not have any sheet music at all. :P

Anyways,
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Also, what's wrong with saving up for both systems? I can't decide...
Nothing is wrong with it,
it just takes a lot money.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
So can someone explain the difference between the 2?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
jester747 wrote:But.

But.

Semantics. I meant that if one wanted to learn music (Which, for the sake of trolling/fun, I was referring to as theory and sheet music), piano is a far better option. And this is coming from a guy who loves to play guitar. Seriously. Piano has all the notes lined up in a row. Guitar is...all over the gorram place. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
That's...more a matter of opinion than fact. I picked up a guitar first and, when I later tried to learn to play one, found the way a piano is played is nigh incomprehensible and completely illogical. :lol:

On a guitar, numerically, the scale goes 1-13 in a single line. On a piano, it goes 1-3-5-6-8-10-12-13, with 2-4-7-9-11 set out. Far from sensible.

I too reject the idea of 'actual sheet music and theory' like diarrhea to the face. Even as trollination.

What does this have to do with the thread? DMR should get a Vita, since inevitably, Sony will just rip whatever Nintendo does anyway. :P
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:So can someone explain the difference between the 2?

I meant the 3DS and the Vita. :(

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:That's...more a matter of opinion than fact. I picked up a guitar first and, when I later tried to learn to play one, found the way a piano is played is nigh incomprehensible and completely illogical. :lol:

On a guitar, numerically, the scale goes 1-13 in a single line. On a piano, it goes 1-3-5-6-8-10-12-13, with 2-4-7-9-11 set out. Far from sensible.

I too reject the idea of 'actual sheet music and theory' like diarrhea to the face. Even as trollination.
Actually, the piano is almost universally regarded by non-amateurs as the standard for theory and composition, so. yeah.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:
Chozon1 wrote:That's...more a matter of opinion than fact. I picked up a guitar first and, when I later tried to learn to play one, found the way a piano is played is nigh incomprehensible and completely illogical. :lol:

Actually, the piano is almost universally regarded by non-amateurs as the standard for theory and composition, so. yeah.
This is because Chozon, lacking in music theory education, says things and then is proven wrong.

...KInd of like Homestar Runner.

...Kind of like that time with the patch on the couch. Remember that, Chozon?
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
ChickenSoup wrote:Actually, the piano is almost universally regarded by non-amateurs as the standard for theory and composition, so. yeah.
Your point Soup? Everyone has only said 'it's the way the pro's do it' in response to that post. Is that then, the only accepted way? Is it the best way, or simply the traditional way? Flying diarrhea to the face, is what that is.
Drewsov wrote:This is because Chozon, lacking in music theory education, says things and then is proven wrong.

...KInd of like Homestar Runner.

...Kind of like that time with the patch on the couch. Remember that, Chozon?
I'm not sure what they say about assumptions, being that most everyone never finishes the statement in my house. But I imagine it'd come in handy now. For I do have some theory edjoocashun; just haven't been to a formal school on it, where they would apparently tell me the only way to learn it is with a keyboard anyway. Which is mildly pointless given that I'd have to learn it on a keyboard, then transfer those skills and knowledges to a guitar. That makes sense. :roll: Not that I blame that on you.

And again, no one has yet proven me wrong, only said that 'it's the way it's usually done' as a way of showing me...wrong somehow? So the only real question here is...which one of us is Coach Z in this example? And what kind of doo-doo meat did you put in that stew? WHERE IS MY FONDUE PART?
Drewsov
CCGR addict
You proved yourself wrong, sir.

BUT THAT IS NEITHER HERE NOR THERE

What is true is that you made some bad meat and I puuuuuuuuuuuuuuked in the patch.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pleh.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Someone PLEASE answer my question.

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
The problem with your question is that it's not really the one you should be asking. Instead of comparing the game systems for how they're different, you need to be asking 'which has more games and features I like'. There's lourds of differences between the 3DS and Vita, but the pertinent info can be gathered by answering those two questions.

Wanna play in 3D and have a solid gaming experience? Go with a 3DS. Want to have more multimedia options? Go with Vita. Want the Ninty franchises? Go with 3DS. Want the slightly darker copies of Ninty franchises? Go with Vita.

Choosing a game system is, at the end of the day, about the games.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:Actually, the piano is almost universally regarded by non-amateurs as the standard for theory and composition, so. yeah.
Your point Soup? Everyone has only said 'it's the way the pro's do it' in response to that post. Is that then, the only accepted way? Is it the best way, or simply the traditional way? Flying diarrhea to the face, is what that is.
If you don't want to argue opinion, argue numbers. So perhaps the most commonly utilized compositional tool doesn't get to hold that title because what, you don't like it? It's not just "regarded" as the standard, it just is. You can "fart on it" as much as you want.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested