Super Smash bros.

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

What is your fav game in the SSB. series

Super smash bros
12%
Super smash bros. melee
31%
Super smash bros. brawl
57%

Total votes: 42
bgpablo
Are you human?: Yes!
I remember being crazy surprised that Brawl didn't have a Mii as a character, considering how Nintendo was pushing the Miis so much at that time.

How about Paper Mario? He would be awesome! Maybe one his specials would use a random helper guy from Super Paper Mario.
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Paper Mario would be a good one. Not to mention, another Paper Mario game is coming out, so it would tie in perfectly.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
jester747 wrote:Well yeah, I apologize for the elitism, I didn't mean to sound so hipster. >_<
Happens to everyone. I'm sorry for jumping you like a rabid hyena.

Jester wrote:While the point about patience and timing is partially true, it's very unlikely for that system of game. When I played Kenny those hundreds of times whilst I was still a beginner, I kid you not, until after the first month, I had beaten him twice. Neither of those times were luck, either, it was down to fractions of a health on both sides after vigorous amounts of effort from both parties.

True, there's definitely an aspect of spamming in MvC2 (Cable, Iceman, Sentinel, Doom,) but it's also true that once you reach a certain level of play, virtually every kind of spamming dissipates, because you'll learn how to get around it. Other than spamming DP, I'd say it's fairly similar with SF.
Perhaps. There is no such thing as a perfect defense though, and I have strenuous doubts as to the breakage of spammination; maybe the standard spam attacks, but not the ingenuitive ones. People break games in order to win; no matter how good you are, there's always a cheater that's better.
Jester wrote:This is exactly my point. XD

It doesn't have that same build up as a standard fighter.
I'd say it does, just isn't as technical. You've got multiple characters lined up on a 2D plane beating the pulp out of each other with multiple combos and killer timing. You just don't have combo lists that'd make McDonalds jealous and chain attacks that require very tight timing. I still won't bend on expert, but mastering a hadouken (one of the easier button combo attacks, from what I remember) is still generally harder than the hardest SS attack.
Jesteh wrote:Well, this is primarily what I meant either way. XD

But still, even songs like 'Don't Stop Believin' by Journey have an exceptional amount of simplicity to them. I love that song, but I won't deny it's immeasurably easy to perform. (sans vocals, of course.)

And by four chord songs, I was referring to songs with just that; four chords. That is, not songs with anything going on than those four chords. (Except for maybe throwing in some disgustingly shallow bass riffs.) So basically ninety percent of modern rock and country, and all of modern pop.
And I still disagree. Firstly, there's nothing wrong with simplicity, which though you ain't saying it, you is implying it. At the least that it's inferior to a complex riff; secondly, I still don't see simplicity as being easy. Especially considering very few songs in the genre's you named are simple; they're hyped up with effects, drums and bass lines (even ones you call simple) to the point where simplicity--a guy singing his heart out with a guitar--is completely lost.

I have struggled to write songs with only four chords in it, just because finding the right four isna as easy as you claim it to be. I just don't see it. Unless, like I said, you mean the same I IV V I (or whatever) chord pattern that a dozen other pop-stars use, but with more or less T Pain effect to make it 'original'.

So MEH upon thine face. >_>
bgpablo
I think they should include Impa from LOZ OoT or SS. She would have moves similar to Sheik, but some extra tricks up her sleeve.

And here's a sweet idea, have a Skyloft stage, where the fight begins on the pier of Skyloft, and then the edge could break away with the fight continuing on the backs of some Loftwings, only to fall througth the clouds and finishing the round in one of the areas under the clouds. That would be awesome!
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
bgpablo wrote:I think they should include Impa from LOZ OoT or SS. She would have moves similar to Sheik, but some extra tricks up her sleeve.

And here's a sweet idea, have a Skyloft stage, where the fight begins on the pier of Skyloft, and then the edge could break away with the fight continuing on the backs of some Loftwings, only to fall througth the clouds and finishing the round in one of the areas under the clouds. That would be awesome!
The Skyloft stage is a great idea. Nintendo needs to step up their game with stages in the next Smash Bros. There were some great ones in Brawl but not as many as I would have liked (great ones I'm saying, not good ones, which there were plenty).
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I am loving the Skyloft idea. :mrgreen:

Oh by the way, PaperMario is a great idea!
As a matter a fact, I even wrote down what would be a cool move set a last year. O_O
Spoiler:
Paper Mario's action list.

Basic Attacks: He will be using basic Mario like attacks, nothing to big here.

Smash Attacks.
Up Smash Attack: Mario will do a Hammer Strike up.
Side Smash Attack: Mario will do a Hammer Strike to the side.
Down Smash Attack: Mario does a spike shoe stomp to the side he's facing.

Special Attacks.
Special Attack: Lakilester pops up over Mario and throws a spiny shell forward.
Up Special Attack: Parakarry pops up then carry's Mario up a short distance.
Side Special Attack: Mario quickly grabs Watt and hits/zaps his foe with him.
Down Special Attack: Koops pops up in his shell, then mario kicks him at the foe then Koops returns to Mario.

Other stuff:
He can also fold into a paper air plane when you hold down the jump button to do a glide.
When he falls in water he turns into a paper boat.

Final Smash.
Mario makes a wish and stars come to aid him.
Then Stars rain down on the battle field.
(Like PK Storm, but with stars falling in an angle)
I also made a move set for Koopa Kid. (I actually did not like the idea of Koopa kid in Smash Bros at first. XD)
Spoiler:
Koopa Kid's action list.

Basic Attacks: He does basic punches and kicks.

Smash Attacks.
Up Smash Attack: Koopa Kid whacks his paint brush over head.
Side Smash Attack: Koopa Kid whacks with his paint brush to the side.
Down Smash Attack: Koopa Kid whacks with his paint brush on both sides, just weaker.

Special Attacks.
Special Attack: When Koopa Kid is next to a paint puddle he summons those paint little monsters form Super Mario Sunshine. (Big the paint puddle, more the monsters)
Up Special Attack: Koopa Kid does a spin jump, that Mario does in Sunshine with flood.
Just Koopa kid does it with his paint brush, and flings little paint globs every where.
Side Special Attack: Koopa Kid flings a paint glob by swing his paint brush.
Down Special Attack: Koopa Kid makes a big paint puddle with the paint brush where he stands, players can slip on the puddle.

Final Smash.
Koopa Kid turns into Shadow Mario, his basic moves are now like Mario's,
but his Smash, and Special moves are the same,
but more powerful and makes huge paint puddles.
His Special Attack now summons Polluted Piranha Plants that whack players nearby.
After a short amount of time, he returns to Koopakid.

My thoughts:
When I first heard people would like to see Koopa kid get in, I really did disagree.
I did not want some one with the same kind of move set as Bowser,
but then I thought about koopa kid with his paint brush,
I thought that would make him much more different from any other character.
I happen to have a few more move sets already typed out some where. :wtc:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
JOJ650s wrote:
I also made a move set for Koopa Kid. (I actually did not like the idea of Koopa kid in Smash Bros at first. XD)
Spoiler:
Koopa Kid's action list.

Basic Attacks: He does basic punches and kicks.

Smash Attacks.
Up Smash Attack: Koopa Kid whacks his paint brush over head.
Side Smash Attack: Koopa Kid whacks with his paint brush to the side.
Down Smash Attack: Koopa Kid whacks with his paint brush on both sides, just weaker.

Special Attacks.
Special Attack: When Koopa Kid is next to a paint puddle he summons those paint little monsters form Super Mario Sunshine. (Big the paint puddle, more the monsters)
Up Special Attack: Koopa Kid does a spin jump, that Mario does in Sunshine with flood.
Just Koopa kid does it with his paint brush, and flings little paint globs every where.
Side Special Attack: Koopa Kid flings a paint glob by swing his paint brush.
Down Special Attack: Koopa Kid makes a big paint puddle with the paint brush where he stands, players can slip on the puddle.

Final Smash.
Koopa Kid turns into Shadow Mario, his basic moves are now like Mario's,
but his Smash, and Special moves are the same,
but more powerful and makes huge paint puddles.
His Special Attack now summons Polluted Piranha Plants that whack players nearby.
After a short amount of time, he returns to Koopakid.

My thoughts:
When I first heard people would like to see Koopa kid get in, I really did disagree.
I did not want some one with the same kind of move set as Bowser,
but then I thought about koopa kid with his paint brush,
I thought that would make him much more different from any other character.
I happen to have a few more move sets already typed out some where. :wtc:
I actually wasn't even thinking about koopa kid (but your move set is great), because there are tons of other koopas. Personally, I would like to see the koopa bros. from the original Paper mario join the fight. But there are also green, red, boomerang, fire, ice, hammer, para (the flying ones), etc... Maybe they could just make a new one specifically for Smash bros.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Nate DaZombie wrote: I actually wasn't even thinking about koopa kid (but your move set is great), because there are tons of other koopas. Personally, I would like to see the koopa bros. from the original Paper mario join the fight. But there are also green, red, boomerang, fire, ice, hammer, para (the flying ones), etc... Maybe they could just make a new one specifically for Smash bros.
Nate DaZombie wrote:Personally, I would like to see the koopa bros. from the original Paper mario join the fight.
Nate DaZombie wrote:the koopa bros. from the
Nate DaZombie wrote:koopa bros.
As you can tell, I think that the KoopaBros would be awesome!
I really want to see them make some kind of comeback.
They could work like how the ice climbers do.
(just with a total of four characters, instead of two. (They would have to be weaker though.))
Or they can do the Pokemon Trainer thing... just with four.

Though, the thing I see them doing is to just have some kind of koopa, and make it so it's different colors/look are of different koopas.

Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
JOJ650s wrote:
As you can tell, I think that the KoopaBros would be awesome!
I really want to see them make some kind of comeback.
They could work like how the ice climbers do.
(just with a total of four characters, instead of two. (They would have to be weaker though.))
Or they can do the Pokemon Trainer thing... just with four.

Though, the thing I see them doing is to just have some kind of koopa, and make it so it's different colors/look are of different koopas.
Glad to see you like them too! But yeah, I think that would be the most likely thing. It's just I'm really hoping for a BIG improvement with the next Smash Bros. There have been so many innovations in the fighter genre, and games as a whole, that I would love to see in the next game. Things like: some kind of character creation (PLEASE LET IT BE LIKE soul caliber IV), a better stage creation tool, NO TRIPPING, and a real online mode (no friend codes, a good matchmaking system, different modes).
bgpablo
one of my favourite things about Smash Bros. is the customization. They let you tweak the game experience in sooo many ways.

You might be surprised to read this but...I think they should leave tripping in! Ok, not at all as a default in the regular modes, but as a modifier. Then being able to adjust how often the characters trip! That would be hilarious! I mean I play on slow-mo mode sometimes, but never use it for tourney play, I think having tripping on high for the occasional match would be gut splitting!

Oh, a friend has this idea: mask Link! Like Pokemon Trainer, you could switch between Link's forms from Majora's Mask. Or....have masks as an item for all characters to pick up and wear, granting a temporary ability.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
bgpablo wrote:one of my favourite things about Smash Bros. is the customization. They let you tweak the game experience in sooo many ways.

You might be surprised to read this but...I think they should leave tripping in! Ok, not at all as a default in the regular modes, but as a modifier. Then being able to adjust how often the characters trip! That would be hilarious! I mean I play on slow-mo mode sometimes, but never use it for tourney play, I think having tripping on high for the occasional match would be gut splitting!

Oh, a friend has this idea: mask Link! Like Pokemon Trainer, you could switch between Link's forms from Majora's Mask. Or....have masks as an item for all characters to pick up and wear, granting a temporary ability.
Okay...maybe a switch and slider for tripping... The mask idea is cool, but other than Majora's Mask, what other masks can you think of?
jester747
Forum Moderator
Perhaps. There is no such thing as a perfect defense though, and I have strenuous doubts as to the breakage of spammination; maybe the standard spam attacks, but not the ingenuitive ones. People break games in order to win; no matter how good you are, there's always a cheater that's better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVTdAOb54xI

Dewd. Watch this video. I'm sorry, but what you're saying isn't true. It just isn't. Besides, you really don't get to say that unless you've achieved the highest level of play.

I'd say it does, just isn't as technical. You've got multiple characters lined up on a 2D plane beating the pulp out of each other with multiple combos and killer timing. You just don't have combo lists that'd make McDonalds jealous and chain attacks that require very tight timing. I still won't bend on expert, but mastering a hadouken (one of the easier button combo attacks, from what I remember) is still generally harder than the hardest SS attack.
Duuuuuude. You're not listening to me. I didn't say that it doesn't have a build up, I said it doesn't have that same build up that a Fighter does.

And I still disagree. Firstly, there's nothing wrong with simplicity, which though you ain't saying it, you is implying it. At the least that it's inferior to a complex riff; secondly, I still don't see simplicity as being easy. Especially considering very few songs in the genre's you named are simple; they're hyped up with effects, drums and bass lines (even ones you call simple) to the point where simplicity--a guy singing his heart out with a guitar--is completely lost.
Dewwd. That's not true at all. I never implied that, and saying that I did is an assumption. My favourite band is U2, the guitarist being one of the most brilliant minimalists of all time in my opinion.
Unless, like I said, you mean the same I IV V I (or whatever) chord pattern that a dozen other pop-stars use, but with more or less T Pain effect to make it 'original'.
Yes, as I said, this is what I meant.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
bgpablo wrote:one of my favourite things about Smash Bros. is the customization. They let you tweak the game experience in sooo many ways.

Doing a trip fight in slow motion would be golden. :mrgreen:
By the way, I heard about the mask Link idea,
I like the idea, as long as it does not replace Toon Link.
(though I would not mind if they made adult Link's speed the same as Toon Link.)
Oh and his Final Smash could be the Fierce Deity's Mask.
Nate DaZombie wrote: Okay... maybe a switch and slider for tripping... The mask idea is cool, but other than Majora's Mask, what other masks can you think of?
Well, they have done the bunny hood. (Which is a mask from Majora's Mask.)
Also I think the Giant's Mask would work as well.

Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
JOJ650s wrote:
Nate DaZombie wrote: Okay... maybe a switch and slider for tripping... The mask idea is cool, but other than Majora's Mask, what other masks can you think of?
Don't they already have the super mushrooms though?
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Nate DaZombie wrote:
JOJ650s wrote:
Don't they already have the super mushrooms though?
Ohhh... hahaha yeah, I guess that one is out.