Minecraft 2 (by jdc997, my opinion)

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Which would you rather Mojang do for Minecraft 2?

Form Mojang YZ for the project
100%
Hand the reins over to Microsoft
No votes

Total votes: 1
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
Hey, I've found a suggestion on Minecraft Forum by jdc997 called Minecraft 2, which is basically reinventing the original game because the first one is 'past its prime', as the OP said. This involves a more complex game engine, crafting, and combat, and even has a feature that would make the new game the first of its kind: packages; mods that can be inserted into the game like resource packs. I'm also hoping for an intricate world, race and quest system, which means I'll always have something to do even in a technically goal-less sandbox 'game', as well as self-movable and -rotatable blocks to allow for actual working trains, boats, and elevators, make out of actual blocks, instead of single entities as minecarts. Some of you might not think so, but the OP had a point.

What I'm honestly hoping for is that either A. Mojang forms a new, professional company called Mojang YZ (as jdc thought), or B. Hand over the reins to Microsoft, which acquired Mojang in 2014.
Now, for those who aren't too happy about B, because of the bugs and micro-transactions and all that, I would rather Microsoft work on the project at this point (and in fact, that's why I would prefer option B), because Mojang can't handle such a big game for much longer at least, and Microsoft at least is a professional company. All they have to do is keep a promise to keep the original community-provided content, such as resource packs and mods, in Minecraft 2's place - instead of making them micro-transactions, which would greatly limit players' choices - unlike the current Bedrock Edition, which I feel would be made by the current Mojang. That's all that matters to us. That's all that matters.

Forum thread: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/m ... ame-engine

If y'all want to let me know what you think about this post and my opinion, please leave a reply. Thanks. :-)
J.K. Riki
Personally I think what makes Minecraft amazing is it wasn't derivative. Also how simple it is, at its core. So rather than Minecraft 2, I'd rather see "Something New #1." Let Minecraft be Minecraft and bring on what's next! :)

I certainly understand wanting Minecraft 2.0, though. It's a very fun game.
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
J.K. Riki wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 pm Personally I think what makes Minecraft amazing is it wasn't derivative. Also how simple it is, at its core. So rather than Minecraft 2, I'd rather see "Something New #1." Let Minecraft be Minecraft and bring on what's next! :)

I certainly understand wanting Minecraft 2.0, though. It's a very fun game.
That is understandable, but Minecraft 2 doesn't even have to be overly complicated; it could just be aimed at more hardcore gamers, but keep the same simplicity and creativity it's always had, so as in fact you could have even more creativity than the last game. And for the derivative part, Minecraft wasn't that way, and I agree; Minecraft 2 is essentially a rewrite, so it's not technically a different game in those terms.
SGTPinecone
Noob
Noob
LuminousLCDLord wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:44 pm Hey, I've found a suggestion on Minecraft Forum by jdc997 called Minecraft 2, which is basically reinventing the original game because the first one is 'past its prime', as the OP said. This involves a more complex game engine, crafting, and combat, and even has a feature that would make the new game the first of its kind: packages; mods that can be inserted into the game like resource packs. I'm also hoping for an intricate world, race and quest system, which means I'll always have something to do even in a technically goal-less sandbox 'game', as well as self-movable and -rotatable blocks to allow for actual working trains, boats, and elevators, make out of actual blocks, instead of single entities as minecarts. Some of you might not think so, but the OP had a point.

What I'm honestly hoping for is that either A. Mojang forms a new, professional company called Mojang YZ (as jdc thought), or B. Hand over the reins to Microsoft, which acquired Mojang in 2014.
Now, for those who aren't too happy about B, because of the bugs and micro-transactions and all that, I would rather Microsoft work on the project at this point (and in fact, that's why I would prefer option B), because Mojang can't handle such a big game for much longer at least, and Microsoft at least is a professional company. All they have to do is keep a promise to keep the original community-provided content, such as resource packs and mods, in Minecraft 2's place - instead of making them micro-transactions, which would greatly limit players' choices - unlike the current Bedrock Edition, which I feel would be made by the current Mojang. That's all that matters to us. That's all that matters.

Forum thread: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/m ... ame-engine

If y'all want to let me know what you think about this post and my opinion, please leave a reply. Thanks. :-)
Very interesting Idea, maybe it will happen, I know I would buy it.
SonicAndMarioFan2002
Noob
Noob
I think minecraft 2 would be awesome, but I think they will just continue to make updates. They also just announced minecraft dungeons, and theres also minecraft story mode.